Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 07:26 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Are you sure you were really successful academically?

These are easy to grasp concepts. We don't own that airline, despite the government giving them subsidies. If they did, I don't know.

Just like you don't own someone who's on welfare, and you don't own a company that was given tax breaks to move to your city.

its not that I dont understand its that I disagree and there may be a case for discrimination. why so many insults that's why I verbally abuse people. a private buisness can not discriminate against the disabled. your thick in the head and I have no respect for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 07:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
their profits are private, their assets are public.
Would you rather they all went out of business? The reason the government subsidized many of them, is they are essential.

And no, that doesn't mean we own them and can violate their in flight policies.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:27 AM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times
Default re

Quote:
Since they brought the doctor's note, it seems they thought he would be excluded from the rules. The doctor's note likely said he'd have serious issues wearing a mask. Well, ok, we won't make him wear one. Can we help you get your stuff out of the overhead bins and off the plane?
Eh I dont know...i mean could have been a made up note for all they knew. A dr's note doesn't get people and kids out of everything especially with a global pandemic happening. I empathize with the family...but perhaps there were immuno-compromised anxious people on the flight.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
you are comparing totally different situations. there is little to no risk if he flys. children do not spread the virus !!! all you want to do is find a reason to restrict.
If he doesn't have to wear one, this grumpy entitled man in first class will also refuse, and Karen in the back will also refuse, and on and on.

Make exception for one, and everyone suddenly is unmasked.

Because people can be complete jerks.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"Communist manifesto?"

What a bunch of BS.

Costco has a similar rule. You wear a mask or face shield or you don't come in.
The US is one of the most litigious countries in the world. The primary purpose of comprehensive general liability ( CGL) insurance is defense of the insured party. Corona viruses are excluded.

Most big box/ big grocer continue to require masks, regardless of local/ county/ state orders. This includes but is not limited to Target, Walmart, Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Kroger brands, Albertsons brands, Publix, etc. Enforcement, if, by and when may be the variable.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Eh I dont know...i mean could have been a made up note for all they knew. A dr's note doesn't get people and kids out of everything especially with a global pandemic happening. I empathize with the family...but perhaps there were immuno-compromised anxious people on the flight.
I agree. It seems that, ahead of time, they would have cleared this with the airline.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:30 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Then he shouldn't fly.

You CAN turn the disabled away in certain circumstances, and this is one of them.

You also don't have to allow a child who can't master swimming, to get in the pool at Boy Scout Camp.
Even though you know as well as I do that there will be parents who insist their child be allowed in the pool because they are special needs and the staff needs to put in the extra effort required to keep him from drowning, ADA, you know.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:31 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
If he doesn't have to wear one, this grumpy entitled man in first class will also refuse, and Karen in the back will also refuse, and on and on.

Make exception for one, and everyone suddenly is unmasked.

Because people can be complete jerks.
no that problem is easily solved by being strict with the exceptions. a doctors note is required and doctors would not just willy nilly hand out notes. would you not even make a case for a young child?

Old 03-23-2021, 07:31 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
I agree. It seems that, ahead of time, they would have cleared this with the airline.

I don't know the purpose of the trip, but taking a highly autistic 4 year old to Vegas?

IIRC, the mother said that the child and his father were visiting in Las Vegas.

Hopefully, not older relatives.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:32 AM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times
People think they get a pass with young kids for a lot of things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies