Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 03:36 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Makes no difference what you "think" of experts and the differing opinions. As things stand now, the rule is if you are over 2, you wear a mask in airports and on airplanes.

Some folks believe the rules don't apply to them. They fly with their pets by claiming they are ADA protected as emotional support service animals. They arrange to pushed in wheelchairs to the gate so they can board early, and wonders of wonders, are perfectly able to walk, grab luggage, and go about their merry way once the plane has landed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Just another group of “ experts “ from a field of what seems like endless acres of opinion.

Why aren’t they insisting on 2 masks? Or three?

Packed like Sardines , but wear a mask. Sure.
Hard to say. But the rules call for a mask at the moment. '

Old 03-25-2021, 03:45 AM

It is anybody's guess why this Arkansas couple is flying their son with "severe" autism all over the country during a pandemic.

But to maintain that they should be allowed to violate airline and federal regulations in order to do so is just stupid. '

What about the seat belt regulation? If the child objects, should he be allowed to stand in his seat the whole flight?

How about if he decides to kick the back of the seat in front of him the whole time? Should be be allowed to do that as well?

After all, he has an autism diagnosis.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:24 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It is anybody's guess why this Arkansas couple is flying their son with "severe" autism all over the country during a pandemic.

But to maintain that they should be allowed to violate airline and federal regulations in order to do so is just stupid. '

What about the seat belt regulation? If the child objects, should he be allowed to stand in his seat the whole flight?

How about if he decides to kick the back of the seat in front of him the whole time? Should be be allowed to do that as well?

After all, he has an autism diagnosis.
if you are not sick chances are you are not going to spread the disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQTBlbx1Xjs&t=151s

some people think long term use of the mask will cause lung cancer!!! but we must follow the rules no matter what the health consequences and even if asymptomatic spread is very rare.

id have a smile on my face when all the pro mask people get respitory illnesses and cancer from the masks. don't believe me but who knows you might get sick from the masks. as a user on this forum has said they got a yeast infection 2 times from the mask.

some think it will cause brain damage in children. they will become mental midgets from the lack of oxygen and their future is gone.

over reaction to situations can have consequences. we are afraid of a virus with a 99 percent survival rate. some might die from the masks.

seat belts do not cause health problems.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 03-25-2021 at 04:35 AM..

Old 03-25-2021, 04:34 AM

603 posts, read 574,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
A four year old autistic boy who could not wear a mask was kicked off a flight. i am so angry. there are NO exemptions. you will comply with the facist states of America.

how can the airline not get sued. if it was my kid I would get revenge.

i told someone I had a mask exemption even though I don't. the fact is that does not matter old women don't care about exemptions.

how do you feel about no exemptions? you will comply. it makes me beyond angry.

the airline does not even care if its sued. no rights for no one!!

maybe some of the people enforcing the rules will go down on a airplane.

In Paris Maine they are sueing over these mask regulations because they believe its a violation of the American disablilties act.

i hate my country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cupu8ykp06M
Welcome to the USSA where a third of the sheeple are willing to wear masks indefinitely if the party chairman tells them to.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
Welcome to the USSA where a third of the sheeple are willing to wear masks indefinitely if the party chairman tells them to.
Have you looked up the possible health problems from the masks? the masks are filled with bacteria even if you wash them. some are concerned we are rebreathing our own viruses. Co2 levels raise when wearing a mask. bacterial pneumonia and cancer are other health concerns from the mask.

In the state, I live in its more than a 3rd. there is 99 percent mask compliance OUTDOORS and inside. Massechusetts is a crap state I had to stop going on that forum because the people their were pukes.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 03-25-2021 at 04:47 AM..

Old 03-25-2021, 04:42 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
This whole notion that we're to assume EVERYONE is a walking Petri dish of deadly pathogens is completely INSANE and needs to STOP!

"Wear a mask to PROTECT OTHERS" is totally illogical, and inhumane. Just ANOTHER example of the total overreaction to this latest strain of Corona Viruses that have ALWAYS been with us. Oh, but this is NOVEL; sounds SCARY doesn't it?

Nothing. New. Under. The. Sun!

Old 03-25-2021, 06:09 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Makes no difference what you "think" of experts and the differing opinions. As things stand now, the rule is if you are over 2, you wear a mask in airports and on airplanes.

Some folks believe the rules don't apply to them. They fly with their pets by claiming they are ADA protected as emotional support service animals. They arrange to pushed in wheelchairs to the gate so they can board early, and wonders of wonders, are perfectly able to walk, grab luggage, and go about their merry way once the plane has landed.
Quote:
Hard to say. But the rules call for a mask at the moment. '
What makes you think you can just slither back into this thread and start spreading lies unchallenged:

As things stands now, the following rules apply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
You're only slightly less ridiculous than ClaraC, but I will accept your challenge:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/M...01-29-21-p.pdf

See the top of page 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
From the CDC link in my post at #87:

This Order exempts the following categories of persons:
- A child under the age of 2 years;
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, because of the disability
as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.).

- A person for whom wearing a mask would create a risk to workplace health, safety, or job duty as determined by the relevant workplace safety guidelines or federal regulations.

Autism is a recognized disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Last edited by Ultor; 03-25-2021 at 06:40 AM..

Old 03-25-2021, 06:40 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
A four year old autistic boy who could not wear a mask was kicked off a flight. i am so angry. there are NO exemptions. you will comply with the facist states of America.

how can the airline not get sued. if it was my kid I would get revenge.

i told someone I had a mask exemption even though I don't. the fact is that does not matter old women don't care about exemptions.

how do you feel about no exemptions? you will comply. it makes me beyond angry.

the airline does not even care if its sued. no rights for no one!!

maybe some of the people enforcing the rules will go down on a airplane.

In Paris Maine they are sueing over these mask regulations because they believe its a violation of the American disablilties act.

i hate my country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cupu8ykp06M
Why is this an issue? Supposedly masks protect people from the virus (that debate is for another thread). If people are forced to wear masks for their safety and that of others, everyone should be treated equally. No reason to make exceptions for those that throw temper tantrums. Those with autism are no more or less of a threat or potential victim of the virus than anyone else and should not be singled out for different treatment.

Hopefully the whiny parents that apparently refuse to control their child, have been added to the "no fly" list.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why is this an issue? Supposedly masks protect people from the virus (that debate is for another thread). If people are forced to wear masks for their safety and that of others, everyone should be treated equally. No reason to make exceptions for those that throw temper tantrums. Those with autism are no more or less of a threat or potential victim of the virus than anyone else and should not be singled out for different treatment.

Hopefully the whiny parents that apparently refuse to control their child, have been added to the "no fly" list.

Why are you ignoring the law that says if a person has a disability where they can not wear a mask they are exempt?

as a poster here has repeatedly proven that there are exemptions.

The society you want to live in is a very dangerous one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies