Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What grade would you give Biden's performance on his first press conference
A 36 15.93%
B 23 10.18%
C 7 3.10%
D 42 18.58%
F 31 13.72%
Z: worse than an F 87 38.50%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 01:44 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Did he actually say that? I must have missed that in his slurring and spitting. This man is sickening.
Yep he did and as long as Trumpism is dominant in the GOP it's a valid question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 01:45 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Things that irk me the most with this 'press conference'
  1. Biden keeps trying to make the border crisis Trump's fault. Our borders were never safer and secure when Trump was in office. Biden reversed what Trump did so what results was he expecting. What a sick puppy Biden is to try to put his on Trump. We're not stupid enough to believe it.
  2. biden says he still is trying to unite with Republicans and he gets no help from us. BS
  3. Biden says he wants these illegals in for humanitarian reasons...floods, hurricanes, etc. Well what about our country. We've had floods, hurricanes and will have more. Why not take care of us first. Put America first. Biden hates our country. Everyone knows he only wants votes. He puts us in peril just for votes. I hate that man.
  4. He claims he is completely transparent yet still will not allow the media at his open borders. How is that being transparent? He is hiding something now. That's evident. Let us see!!!! Be transparent.
  5. Biden is disgusting. His co-horts are just as awful. I hate these people.

yes yes yes,

Great post, i cant rep you any more than I have already

as do I.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:49 PM

10,101 posts, read 7,771,136 times
It must get tiresome for the dems to keep trying to make excuses for their leader. It has to be exhausting.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM

10,101 posts, read 7,771,136 times
He said republican voters like what he's doing so far. This man needs to be institutionalized. He's lost his marbles. He just makes up stuff out of the blue.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 03-25-2021 at 02:12 PM..

Old 03-25-2021, 02:10 PM

1,134 posts, read 405,005 times
Calling on names from a list of "preferred" reporters, obviously. The news organizations better not be too harsh on Joe's press conference. Otherwise they won't make the list for the next one.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:19 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Do you think the reporters ever feel embarrassed being told what questions to ask joe? Perhaps there is just no shame.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:26 PM

1,134 posts, read 405,005 times
At least ABC News pressed him a little bit. She told Biden he keeps blaming Trump for the surge at the border, but the mother they talked to said she sent her young boy because of Biden.

That was from Cecilia Vega. I imagine she won't make the list of "preferred" reporters next time. We'll see though.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:46 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
What's funny is that all of the naysayers on this thread are just nit picking. Nothing on the issues. What are the biggest issues today?

#1 The pandemic. No one denies that Biden has been very successful thus far.
#2 The economy. Didn't hear anyone complaining about their stimulus checks.
#3 The border. As Biden alluded to, the so-called surge we're seeing is the same surge that happens every year at this time, and in fact was worse under Trump in 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...er-heres-data/

No, instead we get 25 pages of "he looked at his notes too much" and "he changed topics too fast" and "he told a joke but it went over my head"

Old 03-25-2021, 02:51 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
"That's all Folks".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9434BoGkNQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Exactly! Good afternoon.

So far over your head....

Old 03-25-2021, 02:53 PM

1,961 posts, read 701,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What's funny is that all of the naysayers on this thread are just nit picking. Nothing on the issues. What are the biggest issues today?

#1 The pandemic. No one denies that Biden has been very successful thus far.
#2 The economy. Didn't hear anyone complaining about their stimulus checks.
#3 The border. As Biden alluded to, the so-called surge we're seeing is the same surge that happens every year at this time, and in fact was worse under Trump in 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...er-heres-data/

No, instead we get 25 pages of "he looked at his notes too much" and "he changed topics too fast" and "he told a joke but it went over my head"
#1 has little to do with him, and DNC and MSM know it. If that is all his own making, MSM will say it 24 hrs.
#2 no one will say no to $1400, however, 1.9 t bills have little to do with the check.
#3 give me a break, AP gives you a different number

Quote:
BIDEN, asked about the increase in immigrant children crossing the border: 'Truth of the matter is nothing has changed. As many people came - 28% increase in children to the border in my administration; 31% in the last year in 2019, before the pandemic - in the Trump administration. It happens every single solitary year. There is a significant increase in the number of people coming to the border in the winter months of January, February, March. It happens every year.'

THE FACTS: The president erred. Unaccompanied immigrant children have come to the border at a higher percentage than what he said.

According to statistics published by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, authorities encountered 9,457 children without a parent in February, a 61% increase from January, not 28%. The numbers of unaccompanied children did rise 31% between January 2019 and February 2019.

Asked about Biden´s statement, the Homeland Security Department pointed to figures for all border crossings, including adults and families traveling together. There was a 28% rise in all encounters with migrants between January and last month, compared with 31% between the same months in 2019. But Biden specifically noted a rise 'in children.'

Biden correctly noted seasonal trends in migration and a tendency in many years for more border crossings before hot summer months. But while he tried to play down his inauguration as a reason many children and teenagers have decided to migrate to the U.S., people interviewed by The Associated Press have expressed hope that the country would be more permissive to migrants under Biden than under Trump.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9403033/Joe-Biden-says-migrant-surge-Im-nice-guy-kicks-press-conference.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies