Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 02:18 PM

176 posts, read 76,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You couldn't tell that his voice was getting lower and lower? You didn't hear that he didn't have a pulse? The two rookies wanted to help but he wasn't having it.
So you believe my second option: Floyd was telling the truth that he couldn’t breathe beforehand, and so was already dying from something else before Chauvin became involved.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:28 PM

728 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
So you believe my second option: Floyd was telling the truth that he couldn’t breathe beforehand, and so was already dying from something else before Chauvin became involved.

I just gave you a reputation seeing that you only have one.

I believe Floyd was already set up for dying from the time Officier Lane cuffed him. You could see in the video showing him sitting against the wall on the sidewalk. He looked dismal. At that point, if Officer Lane had comforted Floyd and told him that a social worker and paramedic would be called to help him out, Floyd would be alive today.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:38 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post

I believe Floyd was already set up for dying from the time Officier Lane cuffed him. You could see in the video showing him sitting against the wall on the sidewalk. He looked dismal. At that point, if Officer Lane had comforted Floyd and told him that a social worker and paramedic would be called to help him out, Floyd would be alive today.
Possibly. What he needed was medication for his breathing difficulty, oxygen and to lay down in an ambulance. He still may have died but much more likely he would have survived.

Mr Floyd's death was a balls out murder committed in broach daylight by a police officer.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:42 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Regardless of outcome of trial, I read a comment on a YouTube video that, sadly, I have to agree with.

If Chauvin gets charged, there will be riots, just not as severe as if he doesn't get charged with anything or charged with something relatively minor. In that case, DEFCON 4 across the country, best to stay indoors and stay safe while your cities get burned to the ground with rioters and looters.
Yep, when Chauvin is found not guilty and BLM and ANTIFA start burning things down and killing innocent people, the liberal activists disguised as Fake Media and Democrats will be in the background cheering them on.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:48 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Most Defendants won't testify even if they're innocent, so Chauvin did what his Counsel wanted him to do. That said, I am very curious to see if he could explain what was in his head during those 9 minutes, looked pretty bad. I wish he would have explained:
- his intent
- his training and use of force
- why he continued for 9 minutes when Floyd said he couldn't breath.

I still think it unlikely Chauvin will be convicted, we'll most likely have a hung jury when all's said and done.
I agree that a hung jury is a likely outcome, though I still see the possibility of the manslaughter charge sticking. When Chauvin got on the scene was at the height of Floyd's resistance. He didn't see Floyd relaxing in his car and acting somewhat normal. The first thing he sees is Floyd kicking and resisting officers. Some of the use of force experts confirmed that it was within his rights to taze him at that point. Floyd asks to go to the ground and instead of Chauvin forcing Floyd in the vehicle, Chauvin relinquishes and takes him to the ground.

Pretty much all Chauvin knows at this point is that Floyd has been fighting the officers and he intoxicated from illegal substances. EMS was called early in the struggle, but it took longer than anticipated getting to the scene. Based on what I've seen Chauvin's lawyer say, it seems that Chauvin chose to keep Floyd in the restraint and wait for EMS, thinking it was going to come much sooner than it did, in some kind of fear that the crowd was going to rush them at some point.

One of the bystanders did specifically say that he had to hold someone back from rushing at the cops. The crowd immediately on the sidewalk in front of the officers was made up of around 12 or so individuals, and there were others behind the officers.

Floyd said he couldn't breathe before being restrained, he was resisting and kicking officers while saying he couldn't breathe before Chauvin touched him. Someone saying they can't breathe and then punching/kicking police officers is quite common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
Great post!

Cop is gonna be guilty.
I think you're going to be in for a surprise.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
No. He was claustrophobic.

claus·tro·pho·bic
/ˌklôstrəˈfōbik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
(of a person) having an extreme or irrational fear of confined places.
"crowds made him feel claustrophobic"
noun
a person with an extreme or irrational fear of confined spaces.
"tall claustrophobics won't like the hotel's narrow passageways"

As he was laying on the ground with them on him you could hear his voice getting lower and lower. They did nothing.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post

If they didn't have pressure on him for almost 10 minutes he would be alive today.

Old 04-15-2021, 03:09 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If they didn't have pressure on him for almost 10 minutes he would be alive today.
If he didn’t resist arrest or swallow his drugs, he would be alive today. We all make choices and have to deal with the possible results

Old 04-15-2021, 03:18 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
If he didn’t resist arrest or swallow his drugs, he would be alive today. We all make choices and have to deal with the possible results
Resisting arrest doesn't mean an officer gets to kneel on your neck for almost ten minutes. Restrain you, sure. But do it according to police protocol, which according to all of Chauvin's superiors, he did not. He would perhaps be alive today had he been able to receive CPR or other medical attention that he needed.

Old 04-15-2021, 03:32 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Resisting arrest doesn't mean an officer gets to kneel on your neck for almost ten minutes. Restrain you, sure. But do it according to police protocol, which according to all of Chauvin's superiors, he did not. He would perhaps be alive today had he been able to receive CPR or other medical attention that he needed.
Chauvin assaulted Mr Floyd since he went rogue in his use of force. And as a result of that assault, Mr Floyd died. All of these high-profile cases care bringing to light the urgency for nationwide policing reforms and revisiting police use of force in our country.

Hopefully, the federal grand jury will also move forward with federal charges. Regardless of outcome of this trial, life as Chauvin knows it is effectively over. If only he had some common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies