Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 09:26 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times

Advertisements

The toxicology report of George Floyd showed that he had 11ng/cc concentration of fentanyl in his blood stream, as well as metabolites of fentanyl. The officers at the scene reported that Floyd had "froth coming from his mouth", which is consistent with pulmonary edema caused by a massive ingestion of fentanyl. In addition, his autopsy showed marked pulmonary edema, consistent with a fentanyl overdose.

I do reviews of cases for attorneys (malpractice cases for the defense) in addition to my medical practice and so have some legal exposure. Objectively, Floyd died of a drug overdose and there would have been nothing on the planet that could have saved him, except for rapid intubation and reversal of the drug with narcan.

Now FLoyd was a big man. Securing his airway, even by someone skilled in intubation, would have been difficult. In addition, he would have been very difficult to ventilate with marked pulmonary edema, and it would have been likely that he would have expired even with a skilled physician or EMT immediately securing his airway.

One would expect that justice will not be served and the arrested officers will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness to prevent nationwide rioting. However, the fact of the matter is that Floyd died of an overdose, not the acts of the police.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Being a medical professional that administers Fentanyl daily to patients, I can unequivocally tell you the Floyd did not die from an overdose of Fentanyl.

An individual who overdosed on Fentanyl would be unresponsive almost immediately after the ingestion/injection.

The "froth" coming from his mouth was due to his heart stopping while he was prone.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:37 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
It was murder... totally unnecessary action by the police even though it is a legal act of restraint - but not for 9 minutes... not after Floyd claimed on multiple occasions that he couldn't breathe.

Democrats run everything and allowed this cop to do what he did by ignoring past offenses.

State attorney general is an Antifa supporter along with others in the local/state government. The biggest winner of the protests last year were Antifa, BLM Inc received tens of millions of dollars, Democrats caused unrest and used the crisis to hinder Trump. Why wouldn't they want more riots? They don't believe in America as it is. Why not create another opportunity to tear down more of the country? The cost/benefit analysis of taking this "useless" life has been great for these groups (I say it this way because that's how they think).

I am fully expecting Chauvin to get minimal penalties, and Antifa/BLM Inc to embed themselves in protests and create more destruction to the country - because it worked so well for them last year.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:40 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Being a medical professional that administers Fentanyl daily to patients, I can unequivocally tell you the Floyd did not die from an overdose of Fentanyl.

An individual who overdosed on Fentanyl would be unresponsive almost immediately after the ingestion/injection.

The "froth" coming from his mouth was due to his heart stopping while he was prone.
Could you please share your autopsy findings with us?

Old 03-25-2021, 09:41 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
My biggest concern is that they overcharged him. Makes it less likely that there will be a conviction, and if there's no conviction the peaceful protests that come afterwards are going to be brutal. They might even reach "mostly peaceful" status which unfortunately tends to involve a lot of fire.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The toxicology report of George Floyd showed that he had 11ng/cc concentration of fentanyl in his blood stream, as well as metabolites of fentanyl. The officers at the scene reported that Floyd had "froth coming from his mouth", which is consistent with pulmonary edema caused by a massive ingestion of fentanyl. In addition, his autopsy showed marked pulmonary edema, consistent with a fentanyl overdose.

I do reviews of cases for attorneys (malpractice cases for the defense) in addition to my medical practice and so have some legal exposure. Objectively, Floyd died of a drug overdose and there would have been nothing on the planet that could have saved him, except for rapid intubation and reversal of the drug with narcan.

Now FLoyd was a big man. Securing his airway, even by someone skilled in intubation, would have been difficult. In addition, he would have been very difficult to ventilate with marked pulmonary edema, and it would have been likely that he would have expired even with a skilled physician or EMT immediately securing his airway.

One would expect that justice will not be served and the arrested officers will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness to prevent nationwide rioting. However, the fact of the matter is that Floyd died of an overdose, not the acts of the police.
At the least I think they're going to blame the officers for not seeking medical attention sooner.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:42 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
The "George Floyd incident" is significant to the country because it has been portrayed as a racist white cop killing a black man. However, there is no evidence that the race of George Floyd, or the cop, were actual factors in the incident.

Referencing drugs that Floyd may have had in his system may be significant in the defense of the cop, but it clouds the actual sociological issue, which is what is really the pertinent issue to the country.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:43 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,243,004 times
Yeah, the ME already released his autopsy findings, so not sure how your analysis from news articles can trump that.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:44 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Hmm, I've always heard the best way first responder treatment for a drug overdose is to kneel on a guys neck for 9 minutes. Didn't they teach you that in Med School?

Old 03-25-2021, 09:44 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,168,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

I think your full of it you know I'm billionaire and I own the the George Washington Bridge in New York City
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies