Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 09:55 PM

462 posts, read 207,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Floyd did NOT die from Chauvin's leg on his neck.

But he DID have a .11ng/l concentration of Fentanyl in his bloodstream... more than a normally-fatal dose.

The conclusion is obvious... except to raving "woke" people who so dearly WANT it to be the cops' faults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
"Get killed by a white cop" will soon be a career move for young American blacks.
You had 16 minutes to read the preceding post, before you screeched out this one.

Too bad you didn't. Speak of the Devil, and sure enough, he pops up. In 17 minutes.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
At this point, I am thinking that perhaps Chauvin isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:17 PM

728 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
You had 16 minutes to read the preceding post, before you screeched out this one.

Too bad you didn't. Speak of the Devil, and sure enough, he pops up. In 17 minutes.

Four cops were involved in the case. One of them was black and he was earlier on the scene and made the arrest putting Floyd in handcuffs. He, together with Chauvin and another cop, was also restraining Floyd on the ground. Why wasn't he carrying the can for Floyd's death?

Old 04-01-2021, 10:23 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
It's pretty simple. One of two people killed George Floyd:
  1. Derreck Chauvin
  2. George Floyd

The outcome of the trial -- if it isn't completely tainted by threats and intimidation and politics already -- should come down to which of those two men actually killed George Floyd.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:24 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
At this point, I am thinking that perhaps Chauvin isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
That much is pretty obvious. The man has no business being a cop. Whether he killed George Floyd or not is the question to be answered though.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:45 PM

728 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
That much is pretty obvious. The man has no business being a cop. Whether he killed George Floyd or not is the question to be answered though.

What do you think a cop's business is? A cop's job is that of a trained guard dog. The onus is on Floyd not to get bitten when the dog gives a warning growl. If Chauvin was a 120 pound K-9 doberman, Floyd would have been torn to shreds and the dog would get a medal.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:26 AM

3,845 posts, read 1,789,905 times
Quote:
In all three of those charges, Chauvin would have to do something that caused Floyd's death.

And he didn't.

The autopsy reported that there were no bruises or contusion marks on Floyd's neck, which would have been there if Chauvin had put enough pressure on Floyd's neck to stop his breathing (and Floyd wouldn't have been able to say "I can't breathe" over and over).

One of the eyewitnesses testified that he saw some pinkish foam on Floyd's lips. This is a classic sign of a drug OD. The autopsy also mentioned that Floyd's lungs were highly congested... another common symptom of an OD.

Floyd said over and over, "I can't breathe"... and he was saying it long before they put him in the cop car, while he was still standing up, and no one had even touched his neck. One of the classic symptoms of a Fentanyl overdose? "Shortness of breath".

Floyd did NOT die from Chauvin's leg on his neck.

But he DID have a .11ng/l concentration of Fentanyl in his bloodstream... more than a normally-fatal dose.

The conclusion is obvious... except to raving "woke" people who so dearly WANT it to be the cops' faults.
Yeah I would agree with this assessment. I'm looking forward to hearing from the defense witnesses in this case.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:57 AM

13,286 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Yeah I would agree with this assessment. I'm looking forward to hearing from the defense witnesses in this case.
In the alternate universe your summation would hold water. Lets see: In your theory of irrelevant data:
Floyd was going to absolutely DIE that SPECIFIC EVENING because he had partaken of drugs. Go ahead, share how it was ONLY the presence of drugs that ultimately led to his homicidal death at 8 :24 pm .

I too ,look forward to the "witness's" for the defense. Or are you perhaps referring to the Expert Witness's that will come along to explain in a general way how the drugs in Floyds systems were registering. ?
I will savor every word from their mouths ....for when the Prosecution gets done with them, It will solidify the proper conclusion that CHAUVIN absolutely is culpable for his actions and his excessive force.

As my Grandma would say. It might be flour that makes dough, its the yeast that makes it rise. And Chauvin was the Yeast that day. He caused every last breath to leave Floyds Body. FULL STOP.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:19 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,568,601 times
Ignorance spreads like wildfire. The fact is that Floyd died because Chauvin had his knee on that man's neck. Floyd was already in cuffs while he was lying down face forward. I know most of you want Chauvin and the other cops to get off, but guess what...the blood will be on YOUR HANDS if that's the case. The video footage shows it crystal clear, Chauvin killed Floyd, not died of some overdose. Cut the crap.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:10 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
To kill someone there is no need to be “so angry” to kill. If someone really hates people belonging to a certain ethnic group and they have the opportunity - they will act. In this case the officer was on duty (and wearing the uniform) and is protected by certain laws. That’s how America works. I am convinced Derek Chauvin will walk away.
Re: LEO killing people: not sure this will be examined during the current trial:

Quote:
D. The MPD’s History Providing and Permitting Killology Training

145. Up and until 2019, the City of Minneapolis permitted officers to receive “Killology” or “warrior style” training, which teaches officers to consider every person and every situation as a potential deadly threat and to kill “less hesitantly.”

146. The City of Minneapolis was aware prior to the death of George Floyd that the officer who shot and killed Philando Castile in the nearby suburb of Falcon Heights had received Killology training.

147. Upon information and belief, a significant proportion of police officers employed by the MPD in May of 2020 had received Killology training during their employment.

148. High-ranking officers and agents of the MPD, including Kroll, encouraged all officers to receive warrior-style police training.

149. High-ranking officers and agents of the MPD, including Kroll, offered this training free of charge to all officers of the MPD who wanted to receive it.

150. The City of Minneapolis was aware that its officers had received and continued to receive Killology training before and through May of 2020, but did nothing to prevent officers from receiving it or re-training officers who had received it.

151. Kroll has further encouraged officers to behave aggressively, stating that MPD officers who do not receive citizen complaints are “low-level slugs” who “[don’t] get out and investigate anything. And that’s not what we’re paying our officers to do.”

152. Kroll has stated that policing should be viewed like “a basketball game, in that if you’re not getting any fouls, you aren’t playing hard enough.”
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/wp-co...-Complaint.pdf

A previous example of excessive, unjustified, & unreasonable under the circumstances, use of prone restraint by MPD:

C. Prone Restraint Training by the MPD and the Death of David Smith

108. It is well known throughout the law enforcement and medical communities that holding a subject in a position of prone restraint for prolonged periods of time can be deadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies