Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 06:04 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,766,820 times

Advertisements

I am far more inclined to believe the lab theory than the rogue bat theory. That is my opinion and based on no evidence, whatsoever. I am still allowed to have one :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 01:30 AM

1 posts, read 130 times
“None of us know what’s going on,” said Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.see more in video [url] https://stfly.me/COEd. [/url] after seeing ad you got an informative video about covid -19

Old 06-04-2021, 02:09 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Opine away, Redfield demonstrated that he is not credible. Professional virologists do not agree with Redfield.

Source?

Old 06-04-2021, 04:51 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
The whole "Wuhan lab" thing is kinda hiding the ball. It has connotations of being "Lab-made". There is absolutely no evidence of that. This is a bat coronavirus. We just don't know how a bat virus got to humans. Viruses don't typically jump from bat to human; they need an intermediary. With SARS, the intermediary was a civet (looks like a cross between a cat and a ferret). With COVID, the guess was that the intermediary was a pangolin, but we might not know for years.

Maybe an infected bat broke out of the lab? I dunno, it's possible, but it doesn't explain the jump to humans. And there's no evidence that the virus was engineered.
Another driveby comment from someone not knowing what they're talking about.

It's not a bat coronavirus. It's up to 80% similar to other coronaviruses found in bats, but that 20% difference is significant.

Scientists actually infected bats with [Sars-Cov-2] and found it didn't spread easily between bats at all. It spread more easily in humans than bats. That strongly suggests it was not evolutionary adapted for bat populations.

The Wuhan virology lab was literally running tests on bat coronaviruses by recombining them with other viruses then infecting human tissue - the batch that was most infective would be selected, and then they'd repeat and rinse this many times. They were doing this since 2005.

One of the odd things about our Sars-Cov-2 virus was it had many distinct protein markers from other viruses. I even read one protein was unique to HIV up until this point. It was always a frankenstein virus.

Old 06-04-2021, 04:55 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
A Trump appointee commenting on Breitbart, i'll wait for a more unbiased source...

Old 06-04-2021, 07:47 AM

962 posts, read 541,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Another driveby comment from someone not knowing what they're talking about.

It's not a bat coronavirus. It's up to 80% similar to other coronaviruses found in bats, but that 20% difference is significant.

Scientists actually infected bats with [Sars-Cov-2] and found it didn't spread easily between bats at all. It spread more easily in humans than bats. That strongly suggests it was not evolutionary adapted for bat populations.

The Wuhan virology lab was literally running tests on bat coronaviruses by recombining them with other viruses then infecting human tissue - the batch that was most infective would be selected, and then they'd repeat and rinse this many times. They were doing this since 2005.

One of the odd things about our Sars-Cov-2 virus was it had many distinct protein markers from other viruses. I even read one protein was unique to HIV up until this point. It was always a frankenstein virus.
Thread necromancy aside, this is conspiracy nonsense. Knowing what we know now, "lab-leak" hypothesis might be more likely, because, as I noted before, we haven't found an intermediary animal yet. That makes it more likely (maybe not most likely, but more likely) that someone was infected while studying bat coronaviruses in a lab.

This NY Post article explains that researchers have found a bat coronavirus 96.2% similar to COVID. The only problem is, the source cave is hundreds of miles away from Wuhan. This makes wet market theory less likely.

EDIT: Looking at your posts, you seem to subscribe to every single conspiracy theory all at once. It was engineered in a lab, but it's less deadly than the flu, but the vaccines don't work. Goodness.

Last edited by midnight_thunder; 06-04-2021 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: Added something

Old 06-04-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Thread necromancy aside, this is conspiracy nonsense. Knowing what we know now, "lab-leak" hypothesis might be more likely, because, as I noted before, we haven't found an intermediary animal yet. That makes it more likely (maybe not most likely, but more likely) that someone was infected while studying bat coronaviruses in a lab.

This NY Post article explains that researchers have found a bat coronavirus 96.2% similar to COVID. The only problem is, the source cave is hundreds of miles away from Wuhan. This makes wet market theory less likely.
First of all, nothing I stated requires a conspiracy, so it's not 'conspiracy [theory] nonsense' by definition.

96.2% similar = hundreds of years of natural evolution for viruses. It's a different strain [not variant].

Old 06-04-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:

EDIT: Looking at your posts, you seem to subscribe to every single conspiracy theory all at once. It was engineered in a lab, but it's less deadly than the flu, but the vaccines don't work. Goodness.
1) It's a known fact Wuhan lab was engineering bat coronaviruses since 2005. The only thing needs to be proven is if one of their engineered viruses was the one that leaked.

2)Yes, for certain age groups, it's less deadly than the flu. This is not a 'conspiracy theory'. In fact, even if it was incorrect, it's not a conspiracy theory. You really need to look up words before using them.

3)Never said vaccines don't work. Link?

Old 06-04-2021, 08:02 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
A Trump appointee commenting on Breitbart, i'll wait for a more unbiased source...
Quote:
Former CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with CNN’s Sanjay Gupta that he believed the coronavirus escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China.
I suppose we'll all have to "wait for a more unbiased source".

Old 06-04-2021, 08:10 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
It either came from a market or the big ass compound that says in Chinese characters “We make viruses”. Which seems more likely?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies