Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 05:58 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Lack of testing was one of Trump's biggest failures. He turned down the WHO's Covid test which worked well for other countries in favor a US built test which didn't work. Real stupid.

Your blame of Fauci is misplaced. I don't know why righties are trying to make him into a villain. His sole goal is to save lives and get the country back on its feet again. Those of you who want to kill the messenger and can't be bothered with masks and social distancing are the reason that this epidemic is dragging out for so long. This is on you.
In the state I live in there is 100 percent compliance with masks indoors and 99 percent compliance outdoors. we still have cases. Just like the flu this virus is not going anywhere. coronavirus itself has different versions that are not new. People are getting vaccinated too. we have been doing all this for a year and we still have cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 07:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
So you are fine with the government detaining you against your will if you did not commit a crime. hell, they can keep you as long as they like.
The restrictions in USA are intended to protect you and others. Just what do you think happens to your freedom and liberty when you are confined to a hospital bed undergoing oxygen, due to being very ill from COVID-19?

Old 04-05-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The restrictions are intended to protect you and others. Just what do you think happens to your freedom and liberty when you are confined to a hospital bed undergoing oxygen, due to being very ill from COVID-19?
I don't need the government protecting me getting hospital care is something different. this overreach of government and has led to a nanny state that takes away the rights of individuals. as a thinking adult, I will way my risks and I am responsible for them.

They don't have my best interests in mind. look it was unconstitutional to limit how many people are in a church during the pandemic. It does not mean I would attend a service with hundreds of people. I should have the choice to do so if I want a suffer the consequences by getting sick by doing so.

everyone in that church is there by their own decision and knows the risk.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:01 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
I don't need the government protecting me getting hospital care is something different. this overreach of government and has led to a nanny state that takes away the rights of individuals. as a thinking adult, I will way my risks and I am responsible for them.

They don't have my best interests in mind. look it was unconstitutional to limit how many people are in a church during the pandemic. It does not mean I would attend a service with hundreds of people. I should have the choice to do so if I want a suffer the consequences by getting sick by doing so.

everyone in that church is there by their own decision and knows the risk.
Perhaps so. But there were several businesses where workers were there because they had to feed their families, and those of you who thought this thing was a giant hoax would have gone in there en masse spewing virus into the air if you'd have been left to it.

Just as a matter of principle. Just to prove who's boss. Just to stick it to the gubbmint and the libruls.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Perhaps so. But there were several businesses where workers were there because they had to feed their families, and those of you who thought this thing was a giant hoax would have gone in there en masse spewing virus into the air if you'd have been left to it.

Just as a matter of principle. Just to prove who's boss. Just to stick it to the gubbmint and the libruls.

oh this virus is not a hoax and people do get sick and die but it was overblown. those people working there could choose to find another job. For instance, in the United States you are an employee at will and can leave your job at any time just like the employer can let you go if they want.

you want to preserve the bill of rights at the same time taking measures when you can to reduce the risk.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
2nd time in America's history, that freedom & liberties were taken from people that did nothing wrong.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:51 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
She is exactly right...but citizens are too dumb to recognize it and do something about it....we all just give in and comply...thinking its being done for 'OUR SAFETY'. lol

They do alot of things in the name of SAFETY today, its a huge deception, and lots of people are falling for it. Id love to see what they will do when the other foot drops and they realize they have been wrong.

There's nothing to really lose if you're in the US in certain regions though.

Quote:
if they said everything would be shut down and people would be working from home you would say that won't happen.

Depends what you mean by people. Some people have always worked from home and not everything is shut down.

Quote:
there was no reason to shut down buisnesses. they use this virus to take away your freedom!!
Whose freedom?
Just the person you're replying to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Look I have no problem wearing a mask and social distancing. What I do have a problem with is being forced to get a "vaccine" that restricts my life of possible future travel. It doesn't stop you from transmitting or getting Covid. So I don't really understand the point of it..

I don't necessarily love wearing a mask..sometimes it's difficult but it definitely beats getting a vaccine. The worst part is I don't know who would qualify for a medical exemption and what you have to do to be qualified to be exempt.
I think no one should need a vaccine though unless they know they are susceptible. That's the only part of the restrictions that I vehemently disagree with. It's wrong to tell people to inject something that they can't take back. You should always be a little hesitant on what you should put in your body especially if it's from an industry that has caused a lot of people problems.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:54 AM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You don't get to question her lived experience. How dare you? She might identify as a victim considering she is one. She might also have survivor's guilt, having seen so many people she knew being led off to their death. You're atrocious with all your techy male privilege with all your sexist ageist bravado. You're probably white, too, and if you're not you were probably infected by whites in some way. And your little dog too.
You are spot on. The post you referred to is barbaric in tone.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
There's nothing to really lose if you're in the US in certain regions though.

Depends what you mean by people. Some people have always worked from home and not everything is shut down.

Whose freedom?
Just the person you're replying to?

I don't necessarily love wearing a mask..sometimes it's difficult but it definitely beats getting a vaccine. The worst part is I don't know who would qualify for a medical exemption and what you have to do to be qualified to be exempt.
I think no one should need a vaccine though unless they know they are susceptible. That's the only part of the restrictions that I vehemently disagree with. It's wrong to tell people to inject something that they can't take back. You should always be a little hesitant on what you should put in your body especially if it's from an industry that has caused a lot of people problems.
Ya what they did with restaurants was terrible. they targeted gym owners fining them for staying open.
its simple sign a waiver at the door knowing you know the risk and let people be free.

they had such strict restrictions in some states so many restaurants went out of business. ya for some working from home worked but I think that is what their goal was to slow human movement but not because of a virus but because of the new system they are trying to install.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-06-2021 at 07:28 PM..

Old 04-07-2021, 04:31 AM

8,047 posts, read 10,640,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Bit of a stretch, to say the least.
Tyranny starts slowly. Not all at once.

In small increments. One infringement is accepted, and then another, and then another...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies