Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 03:08 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
This is hysterical nonsense..
“” infected people without symptoms”
Right, how do they know who was, is infected?? Testing was spotty,irregular, multi faceted and problematic.
IF everyone they are calling was infected had the Disease.

And agin, if you don’t have symptoms, how do you who know is infected unless you test EVERYONE.

That’’s how you get to the truth.

In the beginning I had a ton of respect for Fauci. Each and every day that respect ebbed to near zero.

Time for the good Doctor to pack it in.. Sorry.

When people lie ,, then anything else they say is suspect.
Lack of testing was one of Trump's biggest failures. He turned down the WHO's Covid test which worked well for other countries in favor a US built test which didn't work. Real stupid.

Your blame of Fauci is misplaced. I don't know why righties are trying to make him into a villain. His sole goal is to save lives and get the country back on its feet again. Those of you who want to kill the messenger and can't be bothered with masks and social distancing are the reason that this epidemic is dragging out for so long. This is on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 03:15 PM

43,132 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Lack of testing was one of Trump's biggest failures. He turned down the WHO's Covid test which worked well for other countries in favor a US built test which didn't work. Real stupid.

Your blame of Fauci is misplaced. I don't know why righties are trying to make him into a villain. His sole goal is to save lives and get the country back on its feet again. Those of you who want to kill the messenger and can't be bothered with masks and social distancing are the reason that this epidemic is dragging out for so long. This is on you.
Trump did not do that.

Go read our laws. We are our own worst enemy. Our strict FDA laws would not allow us to use WHO's tests.
We regulated ourselves right out of that one and those regulations were in place decades before Trump came along.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:29 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Those of you who want to kill the messenger and can't be bothered with masks and social distancing are the reason that this epidemic is dragging out for so long. This is on you.
Exactly.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:37 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:

I've worn a mask since being asked to since day 1. I actually have worn 2 masks for months now. I social distance. I have no problems with that.

I don't want the vaccine and I will not be forced to get it. If you want it, then get it. What I chose to do with my personal body is none of your business.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Trump did not do that.
Sure he did. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...failure-123166
Quote:
Go read our laws. We are our own worst enemy. Our strict FDA laws would not allow us to use WHO's tests.
We regulated ourselves right out of that one and those regulations were in place decades before Trump came along.
Oh, so they can fast-track the vaccine, but not the test? Suuure.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I've worn a mask since being asked to since day 1. I actually have worn 2 masks for months now. I social distance. I have no problems with that.

I don't want the vaccine and I will not be forced to get it. If you want it, then get it. What I chose to do with my personal body is none of your business.
I never said it was my business. You do you, I'll do me.

But don't come bitchin' when your ability to travel or attend large public gatherings becomes limited. You won't get any sympathy from me.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:50 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:

If Fauci's "sole goal was to save lives," then he would have spoken out against letting in thousands of COVID-19-infected illegals.

He didn't and hasn't, so we all know he's a partisan hack saying and doing things only to advance the Democrat agenda.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:10 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If Fauci's "sole goal was to save lives," then he would have spoken out against letting in thousands of COVID-19-infected illegals.

He didn't and hasn't, so we all know he's a partisan hack saying and doing things only to advance the Democrat agenda.
He is an infectious disease expert not immigration, he never spoke out on all the Trump rallies why should he change.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:37 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:
I never said it was my business. You do you, I'll do me.

But don't come bitchin' when your ability to travel or attend large public gatherings becomes limited. You won't get any sympathy from me.
I've been traveling since May.

Trust me-those limitations will not last because money talks

Old 04-05-2021, 05:51 PM

43,132 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Sure he did. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...failure-123166

Oh, so they can fast-track the vaccine, but not the test? Suuure.
Exactly. Maybe you should have "fact checked" Joe Biden's statements which were labeled "false".

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/bi...navirus-tests/
Former Vice President Joe Biden falsely claimed that the WHO “offered the testing kits that they have available” but “we refused them.” The U.S. did not actively turn down testing kits from the WHO, although it could have requested them. The kits, however, are primarily intended for lower income nations without testing capacity.
Biden is right that the U.S. wanted to make its own test, but he leaves out important context — including the fact that many countries with the scientific capability designed their own tests, and that the WHO test kits are largely meant for less wealthy countries with weaker health systems. And he’s wrong that the U.S. ever “refused” a test from the WHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies