Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2021, 08:38 PM

30,916 posts, read 37,087,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Agreed.

And the social conditioning that has been going on for years is quite clear in this thread ...

"The government/social media companies already know what I'm doing - what's one more thing?"
I'm glad a few of us are not fully conditioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
What's especially clever, is that any new escalation of surveillance or abridgement of liberties, in response to any new crisis, has a ready-built justification. "Oh, you've suddenly now gotten concerned, whereas in that past you weren't? How cute! But darling, don't you think that your newfound vehemence is the wrong hill, on which to choose to die"?

If any new thing is deemed to be just another small increment, unworthy of rebuttal or resistance, then every small increment will be accepted, and dissenters will be chided as unruly children in tight underpants. Brilliant!
Well stated, as usual.

You've paraphrased one poster on this thread quite well.

And I think our response to such justification should be:

"We didn't realize we were digging ourselves into such a hole. Now we do. And when you want to get out of a hole, the first step is to stop digging".

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 04-06-2021 at 09:01 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
For the Pfizer vaccine six months with no evidence that it is declining. I would be fine with a booster, too.

It does prevent spread.

You can purchase food without ever stepping in a brick and mortar store for the rest of you life.

It will not be every week, and your responsibility to keep it up to date, just like renewing your driver's license.

Hogwash. The card will have your vaccine history. No reason to infer the rest of that.

There is research going back a decade on mRNA vaccines. That is why it was possible to produce them so quickly.

There is a no fault system for compensating people who have adverse reactions to vaccines. It requires filing a claim. No lawsuit involved and an award is not shared with lawyers, who are paid separately.

The number of people getting infected after being vaccinated is tiny. You are 19 times more likely to be infected if unvaccinated.

You should have fact checked that. More kids had died by this February than die in a single flu season.

https://downloads.aap.org/AAP/PDF/AA...21%20FINAL.pdf

Vaccines are not 100% effective and there are millions who have not been vaccinated, some of whom have medical contraindications.

Yes, kids can get sick. Some have died. It's a myth that they do not.

Ninety five percent of those who are vaccinated are protected from infection and not spreading it. The risk that someone who has been vaccinated will die from COVID-19 is close to zero.

The best way to prevent the emergence of new variants is to vaccinate as many people as possible as fast as possible.

You are 19 times more likely to get infected if you are not vaccinated.

The vaccines prevent infection. Those who are spreading the virus are unvaccinated.

The mRNA vaccines prevent infection. You cannot spread the virus if you do not catch it.

Also, her publisher refused to release her last book because it had egregious errors in it because she did not fact check. A previous book also had a major error due to poor fact checking.

We are supposed to believe this woman about anything?

HIPAA has nothing to do with it. HIPAA prevents people who already have your healthcare information from revealing it to anyone else without your permission. You may give your information to anyone you want to, including whether you are vaccinated, or not.

We can pay Big Pharma for the vaccine or we can pay doctors and hospitals to treat COVID-19.

No reason for not creating a medical exemption for those who have had COVID-19. The question will be whether those who are vaccinated have a better outcome than those who are not.

Then there is this:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...d-long-haulers

Noorchashm is wrong. Testing every person for antibodies before vaccinating would bankrupt the country and is not indicated.

https://respectfulinsolence.com/2021...ine-revisited/
I invite everyone to check out Suzy_q2010's posting history. I think you will all find it very interesting.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
She has some good points, but is a little heavy on the conspiracy theory side.

I trust that there will be class action lawsuits that will end up protecting civil liberties.

There are smart people in the world who won't tolerate the obliteration of civil liberties without a fight.
I wouldn't count on the above. I think too many of us (myself included) have been sitting on our butts for far too long, waiting for someone else to take care of this stuff for us. How has that worked out for us?

Old 04-06-2021, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Well, that's true!! Ya got me!
I would believe them before that poster though if I had to choose.
When even the CDC says "until we know more", that should be a major clue.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Why does Gates even have an elevated voice in this?
A: Because he contributes 10% to the World Health Organization's budget.

https://www.devex.com/news/big-conce...ho-donor-97377

Quote:
Can you imagine for one second if he was right leaning how he would be mocked by the media for having an opinion?
No doubt.

Of course even lefties like Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Naomi Wolf have criticized him as well. But what do they know? They're just "anti vaxxer" kooks. And, of course, they are largely ignored by the left leaning media outlets (which are the vast majority).

Old 04-06-2021, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
As many as it takes until he can get the quantum dot dye into our skin, because keeping records of all these vaccines is so cumbersome.
Oh, but that's just another tin foil hat conspiracy theory (sarc.)

Old 04-06-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
This is what moderates and those on the right have been saying for a while now. The basic message is tech is gaining far too much power ! Combined with a partnership with government and you instantly have the mirror of the CCP’s social credit system. It is frightening.
That's what Naomi Wolf said in the video and she's pretty far to the left.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Over the last couple decades, the right and left have switched supporters. Righties used to be middle class or better and typically college educated. Lefties used to be blue collar, pro union and typically high school educated.

Then 2 things happened simultaneously, the God Squad took over the Right and they quit caring one iota about fiscal conservancy. They started caring only about fighting gay marriage, enforcing their brand of so called family “values” and pushing anti abortion. The middle and upper class college educated Righties moved to the left and the blue collar high school educated crowd moved to the Right.

Not the first time there’s been a shift in who supports which party and likely not the last.
Another factor you didn't consider:

The more civil libertarian people who lived through the Great Depression and World War 2 have died off. There used to be more support for civil liberties across the board.

But for the past 30+ years, the colleges and universities, especially in the liberal arts, have pushed a "trust the government if a Democrat is in office" type of ideology.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
In general these people also do things in baby steps. Just little by little and people slowly adapt to having the liberties taken away.

Frog in the pot.

It's why people have to fight back against all of this BS. Can't give one inch anymore.

Now that I see and have a better understanding of what the far progressive left is trying to do, they've really become the enemy to me.

I used to just sort of laugh them off and just figured it was idealism on steroids, but no, there is a deep concerted effort to transform the society toward more of a Marxist government is the front and center of your life bent.

People are fooled by benign sounding terms like equity and diversity, but there's a much deeper agenda at work.
Correct. People on the left like Dave Rubin also used to be sort of ok with progressives the last few years. But then he saw what they were really doing, which was anything but progressive. As he said "The Left is no longer liberal":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq86Beh3T70
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies