Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2021, 10:01 PM

43,336 posts, read 18,453,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yep.

Let me know when you have to get yours or be thrown into some kind of Gulag.
NYS has put one out..voluntary of course. They tested it at a Brooklyn Nets game and then again at a NY Ranger game at Madison Square Garden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 10:02 PM

30,906 posts, read 37,042,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
lets stop pretending there isnt mission creep with everything govt does.
And as far conspiracy theories go, a year ago or maybe less, people who brought up the possibilty of vaccine passports were labeled conspiracy theorists. Now here we are.
And two years ago, if anyone would have said that businesses would have been closed with lockdowns for weeks and months on end due to a virus with a 99.7% survival rate, the "you're a crazy tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist" epithets would have been all over the place.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
It doesnt need legislation because it is enlisting private businesses to do the work for them
Exactly.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:05 PM

13,601 posts, read 10,012,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
NYS has put one out..voluntary of course. They tested it at a Brooklyn Nets game and then again at a NY Ranger game at Madison Square Garden.
Yes I know I just posted all the entry requirements. What's up with you guys not actually reading posts?

Old 04-06-2021, 10:06 PM

13,601 posts, read 10,012,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I agree she's been wrong and over the top on some things.

A 'conspiracy theorist' she is not.

This woman reads the legislation and proposed legislation in the U.S., U.K., Canada, & Australia like almost no one else. And it's amazing how similar the legislative attacks on civil liberties have been in different countries.
What's the proposed legislation in Australia?

Old 04-06-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Sure it does. In all areas of life. It’s coercion that I have to have a drivers license to drive. Or a passport to travel overseas. Or that I have to pay taxes to stay out of jail. Or that i have to live on a certain street to send my kid to the school of my choice. Those are also coercion. You act like coercion only exists in relation to vaccines. Not hardly.
So let's just accept more and more coercion without questionting. Is that what you're saying?

Or do we say "Hey, you know what? Mabye you have a point there, UNC4Me. Maybe we've accepted too many forms of covert and overt coercion in our society already. Yikes! We've dug ourselves into a hole here! And the first step toward getting out of that hole is to stop digging!"

Old 04-06-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Do you not understand the distinction?
Doesn't want to understand, would be my guess.

Quote:
Does bodily autonomy mean anything to you?
I guess not. Short term fear wins out over long term implications.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
I am so frustrated with people thinking that this cannot happen here.
Or worse, the fact that anyone would be ok with it.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
A vaccine passport is documentation. Just like an ID card. And yes bodily autonomy does mean something to me and I would protest in the street if the government wanted to forcibly vaccinate people.
...which is precisely why the govenrment will go about doing it in a sneaky, roundabout way--to fool people like you. This has already been described in previous links that I'm sure you either didn't read or simply didn't register with you.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:23 PM

37,184 posts, read 41,398,482 times
Quote:
Their position didn't go far enough, IMO but at least it's directionally correct.

I like what they said here:

When...COVID comes to resemble other dangerous diseases where there are occasional flareups but little spread, such as measles, the need for a COVID passport will seem much less urgent. Nobody is demanding we provide proof of measles vaccination everywhere we go. And in the limited circumstances where such proof is required (school enrollment, some medical jobs, and some overseas travel), it’s far from clear that the existing system of paper documents is somehow deeply broken and in need of fixing. That’s especially true given that creating a passport system would be a herculean task.
No one demands proof of measles vaccination because it does not circulate endemically in the US. It must be imported from other countries. However, making proof of immunity to measles necessary to enter the country would be a very good idea.

Quote:
I invite everyone to check out Suzy_q2010's posting history. I think you will all find it very interesting.
Yes, feel free to do so, everyone. My profile is public. I have nothing to hide.

Quote:
We simply do not have enough data on these vaccines to say whether or not they have any long term consequences.

You know this. Of course, all anyone has to do is look at your posting history and they'll know something's not quite right.
Feel free to explain what that "something" is. I am eager to know.

Quote:

A 'conspiracy theorist' she is not.
Oh?

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/5/690983...iracy-theories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies