Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 01:54 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,905,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
When will you understand the US Constitution's requirements for federal elections? How many times can I post these facts before you finally understand them?

It's called willful ignorance.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:00 PM

13,490 posts, read 4,310,536 times
if the Georgia law restrict voting, shouldn't we boycott many states and Latin Countries? how about South Africa? They demand government I.D. to vote and to register you have to do it in person not by mail with only 1 of 3 government I.D. provided by the government and if you move outside of the district even by 1 block within the region, you have to re-register again in person showing your South Africa government I.D. in person.

When aren't we boycotting South Africa? I forgot, they have the correct color for the left and the government in charge are from the left. If they were white and from the right it would be a different song.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:00 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,248,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Jim Crow is real. The whole point of it is to make sure blacks don't vote. That's it. Simple as that. There are threads and threads of posters saying that blacks are sheep and slaves to the democratic party. Instead of laying out a case for why they should vote republican the right wing just relies on the old southern strategy. Well it's 2021. Blacks will just VOTE in even larger numbers against Jim Crow.
So this new law is a good thing, right? If more blacks are voting under the new system in Georgia then it stands to reason that the old system was suppressing black votes.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:09 PM

13,490 posts, read 4,310,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaplan2323 View Post
This is way beyond ID cards and it has nothing to do with the "left."
I'm not white. Explain what this has to do about? It's the left making the noise. Is the left boycotting South Africa and their left government?

Old 04-04-2021, 02:15 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,762,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
You've got to get your Blue Anon narrative right... it's Jim Crow on steroids.
Incorrect. It's now James Crow ESQ. Jim crow in a suit and tie.... And red Maga cap.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I'm not white. Explain what this has to do about? It's the left making the noise. Is the left boycotting South Africa and their left government?
What the heck does SA have to do with GA? Come on.... You really can't understand how black folks are upset at new Jim Crow laws?

If you don't want blacks voting put yourself on the record and say so.

I told everyone last year that Trump would lose due to black turnout. I know it wouldn't be a blue wave but a black tide that would knock trump out of office and flip senate. I said "if you want to win you must prevent blacks from voting". As you can see my advice was taken literally .

Old 04-04-2021, 02:30 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,905,699 times
Quote:
What the heck does SA have to do with GA? Come on.... You really can't understand how black folks are upset at new Jim Crow laws?

I told everyone last year that Trump would lose due to black turnout. I know it wouldn't be a blue wave but a black tide that would knock trump out of office and flip senate. I said "if you want to win you must prevent blacks from voting". As you can see my advice was taken literally .

All of this is so wrong, it's scary to think a fellow citizen actually harbors these delusions.

Are you familiar with Jim Crow? It was fire hoses and beatings and actual voter restrictions. The Atlanta Journal Constitution has admitted this law expands voting rights, and now even the Washington Post has given Stumbler In Chief Joe four pinocchios for suggesting otherwise.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ng/ar-BB1f8dLV

And Trump actually did four points better with black voters this time than he did in 2016. In fact, the only voter share Trump did worse with compared to 2016? White males.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/02/u...men-trump.html

You're either obfuscating because you don't care about the facts, or you've been emotionally manipulated by a bunch of grifters. Regardless, you're totally and utterly wrong.

And the MLB is now bringing players to China, where they round up Muslims and kill them in literal concentration camps.

https://twitter.com/mikepompeo/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Your naive off-base ignorance would be amusing if it wasn't so utterly dangerous in terms of what you would have our great Nation prioritize - all based on the wonky edifice of virtue signaling wokist junk.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:32 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaplan2323 View Post
I, and others have explained this already in this thread. Please read my prior comments and please don't deflect and engage in whataboutism.

This is about the GOP's efforts to suppress voters.
No, you have not explained how this law - the actual law, not the lies told about it - suppress the black vote. You just keep saying essentially “because I said so.”
  • Was it adding the 17 extra days of early voting?
  • Was it adding weekend voting?
  • Was it codifying drop boxes?
  • Was it setting the minimum hours of 9-5 that the early voting places MUST be open, with the ability to be open at 7 am and stay open until 7 pm?
  • Was it providing free IDs at any DMV or voting registrar’s office?
  • Was it stipulating that self serve water stations could be allowed to replace electioneers giving water bottles and soft electioneering while people were waiting in line?
  • Was it establishing a process, spanning at minimum two election cycles, for getting rid of election officers whose ineptitude resulted in those 3-6 hour lines in the first place?
What on that list is suppressing votes?

Old 04-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, you have not explained how this law - the actual law, not the lies told about it - suppress the black vote. You just keep saying essentially “because I said so.”
  • Was it adding the 17 extra days of early voting?
  • Was it adding weekend voting?
  • Was it codifying drop boxes?
  • Was it setting the minimum hours of 9-5 that the early voting places MUST be open, with the ability to be open at 7 am and stay open until 7 pm?
  • Was it providing free IDs at any DMV or voting registrar’s office?
  • Was it stipulating that self serve water stations could be allowed to replace electioneers giving water bottles and soft electioneering while people were waiting in line?
  • Was it establishing a process, spanning at minimum two election cycles, for getting rid of election officers whose ineptitude resulted in those 3-6 hour lines in the first place?
What on that list is suppressing votes?
Please explain how these new laws will help black voters participate? Tell me what would happen in the south (including Kentucky) if every eligible black voter decided to vote in the next election cycle?

Old 04-04-2021, 02:47 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,269,560 times
Quote:

You’re in NY, right? You do realize that GA allows absentee voting for any reason while NY doesn’t?

https://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/...ot-English.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.