Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 04:49 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Anyone can report anything to VAERS and there's no indication that there's any pattern of deaths that would mean the vaccine is causing them.

But even if all 2,249 deaths did stem from the vaccine (which is extremely unlikely), that is out of 108 million doses. So it's about 0.002% of shots that have possibly caused a problem.

When you have a group of 108 million people who all do something, it's inevitable that some will die within 48 hours. Take 108 million people who ate a carrot. Or who called their uncle. Or who hung a picture on a wall. Or who went to Walmart. Or who parked crooked in the driveway. Or who opened a window. Chances are 100% that some will die within the next two days simply because of the number of people we're talking about.

So yes, I am all for informed choices. I'm at exponentially greater risk driving my car to the pharmacy to get my vaccine than I am getting the shot itself.
I'll still drive there, though.
And you are also at exponentially greater risk driving than you are of dying from covid with a 97 - 99% recovery rate depending on who's figures you look at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 05:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,107,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
But if the get COVID-19 they can infect someone who is vulnerable. The selfishness of people is amazing.
The opposite of selfish is selfless.

You say that not getting vaccinated is selfish. Does that mean those who did are selfless? They got the vaccine with no consideration for themselves in mind? I don't believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Those deaths are baloney. There is no verification of VAERS. Anti-vaxxers can just log in and report a death. It's like a Yelp review. Complete nonsense. There are NO proven cases of death that was caused by any covid vaccine. None.
My daughter is a VAERS death ID. Her death was not "baloney". She was not baloney, she was a beautiful little baby with chubby cheeks, dark hair & blue eyes. She never woke up again, after the first time she fell asleep after being vaccinated.

As much as I hate vaccines I have never been the one to come on these threads & call the lives lost to covid; "baloney".

Old 04-08-2021, 05:59 PM

424 posts, read 175,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
And you are also at exponentially greater risk driving than you are of dying from covid with a 97 - 99% recovery rate depending on who's figures you look at.
There are about 38,000 car accident fatalities each year. How many COVID deaths were there, again? Do you think that over one to three percent of people die in car accidents each year?

Maybe the issue among those confused about the dangers of the virus and the dangers of the vaccine is not a lack of scientific understanding but math illiteracy?

Old 04-08-2021, 06:45 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
#1 - VAERS does no causal analysis that I'm aware of.

#2 - What percentage of the 56M+ fully vaccinated Americans is 2249? What percentage of the 136M+ Americans who have received at least one dose is it?
And 500,000 was a small percentage of 325,000,000.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:06 PM

606 posts, read 355,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Good post, but remember, you may be dealing with people who don't believe in facts that don't align with their agenda. I can guarantee that the OP will never come back and admit that your points are correct.
Exactly. This is too many people’s MO’s in this forum. They just drop these bombs of lies and never return. Not only is it lying, it’s immoral and unethical as this false information will be taken as truth by someone who will be influenced to make poor health decisions as well passing on the disinformation to others, indirectly leading to more death and suffering.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:11 PM

606 posts, read 355,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yes, and you may get killed in an auto accident and die, you may get cancer and die, you may get killed in a random act of violence, etc., etc.

And, to the bold -- about 30% of people who who are infected don't have any symptoms at all -- so you are almost certainly incorrect will you say they "will" get flu-like symptoms.

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...6&publicId=395

(This has been very well documented for months, so I am surprised that you don't know this.)

P.S. I also think it is premature to say at this point "eventually you will get infected". Maybe that will prove to be true, but I don't think that everyone will be infected as they might die from other causes before then -- and who knows what further tests into some people having some kind of natural (genetic) immunity might reveal?
That’s why we wear seatbelts in cars, go to the doctor for regular preventative care and screenings, and avoid interacting or engaging with crazy people. Those actions all mitigate risk, just like vaccines.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:25 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
There is zero data to back up that assertion.
I guess you missed the link in the OP? It's sourced. Check it out. I thought that was the topic of discussion. It'd be nice if you'd come prepared.

You're this --><-- close to getting blocked. You never, ever add any value to a discussion, other than entertainment value. Even that's wearing thin, though.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:26 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Majority of those people who died had nothing to do with the vaccine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And you know that how ?
Optimism bias.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:35 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I guess you missed the link in the OP? It's sourced. Check it out. I thought that was the topic of discussion. It'd be nice if you'd come prepared.

You're this --><-- close to getting blocked. You never, ever add any value to a discussion, other than entertainment value. Even that's wearing thin, though.
I already laughed at that link. Should I do it again? Lol.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:17 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. Yes, since somebody told you that, it must be true.

If you don't believe the Covid numbers look at excess deaths for 2020. I'll wait.
"Yes, since somebody told you that, it must be true. "

We are NOT talking about how many on the left, including YOU follow this to a T on whatever the alphabet TV and liberal papers like teh ny slime, wash, post etc, Yes, since somebody told you that, it must be true.

Unlike YOU I actually KNOW people who work in the field and they KNOW FIRST HAND what is going on at where they work

You are NOT there, yet because it does NOT fit your bias, you want to ACT like you know what is going on. Being you made the claim, You MUST KNOW the 2 place they work.

You MUST KNOW because you say it is not true and you have 1st hand knowledge.

PROVIDE IT!

"Put up or SHUT up", as they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies