Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 03:37 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not the ones who are vaccinated though.

Once everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated, except for a very small percentage, the people who will get COVID-19 will be people who are not vaccinated and they will get it from someone else who is not vaccinated. Some of these people will die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 03:40 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Once everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated, except for a very small percentage, the people who will get COVID-19 will be people who are not vaccinated and they will get it from someone else who is not vaccinated. Some of these people will die.
Well Biden said the vaccine will be available to everyone by April 15...7 days.

Most states are open to everyone 16+.

I don't understand why NJ is still at 55+ though and it's already April.

My state now has vaccinations broken down by zip code. My zip code shows 60% of the residents are fully vaccinated.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. Yes, since somebody told you that, it must be true.

If you don't believe the Covid numbers look at excess deaths for 2020. I'll wait.

There have been lots of proven cases where medical professionals have falsified diagnoses in order to get higher reimbursement. The way COVID-19 money was thrown around, it is likely to be even more common.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well Biden said the vaccine will be available to everyone by April 15...7 days.

Most states are open to everyone 16+.

I don't understand why NJ is still at 55+ though and it's already April.

My state now has vaccinations broken down by zip code. My zip code shows 60% of the residents are fully vaccinated.

Yes, a year ago Trump ordered enough vaccine to vaccinate every one in America more than twice. We are reaping those benefits now.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:44 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
I won’t get the vaccine and I am 100% ok with the risk. Once everyone who wants the vaccine has the chance to get it, everyone should be able to get back to normal and live our lives.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I won’t get the vaccine and I am 100% ok with the risk. Once everyone who wants the vaccine has the chance to get it, everyone should be able to get back to normal and live our lives.

It is an airborne virus which will be with us forever. Eventually you will get infected. If you are young and healthy without risk factors like high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, smoking, etc. you will get flu-like symptoms. If you do fit one of the risk categories you may spend weeks on a ventilator or die.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:56 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
It is an airborne virus which will be with us forever. Eventually you will get infected. If you are young and healthy without risk factors like high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, smoking, etc. you will get flu-like symptoms. If you do fit one of the risk categories you may spend weeks on a ventilator or die.

Yep. All true.

Old 04-08-2021, 04:01 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Yes, and you may get killed in an auto accident and die, you may get cancer and die, you may get killed in a random act of violence, etc., etc.

And, to the bold -- about 30% of people who who are infected don't have any symptoms at all -- so you are almost certainly incorrect will you say they "will" get flu-like symptoms.

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...6&publicId=395

(This has been very well documented for months, so I am surprised that you don't know this.)

P.S. I also think it is premature to say at this point "eventually you will get infected". Maybe that will prove to be true, but I don't think that everyone will be infected as they might die from other causes before then -- and who knows what further tests into some people having some kind of natural (genetic) immunity might reveal?

Old 04-08-2021, 04:09 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,041 times
Quote:
If you do fit one of the risk categories you may spend weeks on a ventilator or die.

Or you may not, aamof, the probabilities are still in your favour, just not as much as the "healthy" folks.

Old 04-08-2021, 04:11 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Depends on how many people act like you do really. Youre depending on others being more responsible then you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies