Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2021, 05:03 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Some of the most successful people I know didn't even go to college, yet they are millionaires. Obviously college didn't teach you that success doesn't necessarily have to revolve around a degree.

The wife and I are non degreed, and , well , let's just say we weren't eligible for any of the stimulus checks.
Not everyone is an Elon Musk. With the broad scope of science and medicine as they apply to an urgent Pandemic, it is unlikely that a lay person will have the training and experience to provide useful new insight or knowledge. Their opinions certainly can be important in the right setting, but could easily lead others astray because of politics and anecdotes. As we have seen over and over again during the Pandemic.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
ALLEGRA FAERS REPORTS:

* 358, 541, and 2088 adverse events reported for 2020, 2019, and 2018 respectively
* 188 serious adverse events, including 3 deaths
* SAEs reported for Allegra - seizures, cardiac fibrillation, cataracts, glaucoma, arrhythmia, coma, asphyxia, haematochezia, coeliac disease, loss of consciousness, blurred vision, malignant neoplasm, rectal haemorrhage, deafness, and even a myocardial infarction.

OMG, the horror of Allegra!
Do people have to have an Allegra Passport to travel & attend events? Do children have to take Allegra to attend school? You have to take Allegra to keep your job?

Ironic choice of meds, btw.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:05 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,644,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
This sort of scenario is always a possibility with new treatments. The medical communities all over the world have been monitoring this very closely. And as the clots are unusual, and duplicated in more than one patient, there are panels in place to review and then to order the halting of the vaccinations. There are other alternatives available, so better be safe than sorry. Halt the process and move over to the other probably safer vaccines. The mRNA vaccines. There is nothing sinister going on here.
Nothing to see here, be good, get in line, and move along.......

Old 04-13-2021, 05:09 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
This sort of scenario is always a possibility with new treatments. The medical communities all over the world have been monitoring this very closely. And as the clots are unusual, and duplicated in more than one patient, there are panels in place to review and then to order the halting of the vaccinations. There are other alternatives available, so better be safe than sorry. Halt the process and move over to the other probably safer vaccines. The mRNA vaccines. There is nothing sinister going on here.
but they didn't halt them. They just recommended a "pause".

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...vid-19-vaccine
Until that process is complete, we are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:11 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,866,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Some of the most successful people I know didn't even go to college, yet they are millionaires. Obviously college didn't teach you that success doesn't necessarily have to revolve around a degree.

The wife and I are non degreed, and , well , let's just say we weren't eligible for any of the stimulus checks.
Sorry, didn’t mean for it to come off that way. I’m just getting tired of the degenerates on this forum who got their medical degree from CNN and feel they are justified in demanding that others are vaccinated.

I don’t need medical advice from some clown that watches cnn and probably works at wal mart.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:12 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Sorry, didn’t mean for it to come off that way. I’m just getting tired of the degenerates on this forum who got their medical degree from CNN and feel they are justified in demanding that others are vaccinated.

I don’t need medical advice from some clown that watches cnn and probably works at wal mart.
That are parroting what the media keeps telling them over and over.

Basically that no one is safe until we all get vaccinated.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:16 PM

20,685 posts, read 4,441,316 times
https://www.news10.com/news/coronavi...in-jj-vaccine/

Quote:
According to a joint statement, the CDC and FDA said they are investigating clots in six women
that occurred in the days after vaccination. One of the women died, and one was hospitalized in critical condition.

All the women were between the ages of 18 and 48, and their symptoms occurred between six and 13 days following their vaccines. The clots were observed along with reduced platelet counts—making the usual treatment for blood clots, the blood thinner Heparin, potentially “dangerous.”

First colleges wanted to grab up J&J vaccines to get all college students vaccinated before they leave
for "Spring Break".

Next the production was halted for the J&J vaccines because of a warehouse issue. But they are gonna get the all college students vaccinated before they leave for "Spring Break".

Now they to pause the usage of the J&J vaccines because of the "side effects".

I call it BS, it's about the money. The colleges are scared of loosing all the money the FED, NCAA, gives
them. So they are grabbing up all the J&J vaccines they can. If the students wanna get back to classes, they need to take the J&J vaccines. Other than that, they'd miss class time.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:19 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
but they didn't halt them. They just recommended a "pause".

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...vid-19-vaccine
Until that process is complete, we are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution.
OK a pause. Next possibility might be to give only to males. But IMO since there are better alternatives, the vaccine in question will be withdrawn or sent to the third world.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:21 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
If wearing a useless cloth mask saves even one life, isn’t that a good enough reason to require useless cloth masks for everyone?

If halting vaccination saves even one life, isn’t that a good reason to halt vaccinations?

Old 04-13-2021, 05:28 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post

It's all good. I do agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies