Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 05:15 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So I listened to the advisory board's live stream meeting on this.

What totally amazed me was the amount of detailed data they were able to get in less than 24 hours.
They had exact numbers at their fingertips and on their PowerPoints for all J&J shots given in the US.

There is a central database somewhere ... I'm convinced now.
Of course there is and there has to be from all sorts of medical standpoints. Mass vaccinations, and now with a very new vaccine, all the serious side effects need to be carefully monitored. Without very precise data, we would not know about the 6 very serious and similar side effects, within millions of uneventful vaccinations, which need prompt attention.

First is to decide if the side effects are in fact due to the vaccine itself. Or due to the vaccine + something unusual yet similar within the 6 cases. Most likely door #2.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:16 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You clearly don't understand databases.

The same dataset can exist in multiple locations.
Then it's not "centralized" is it ?

Old 04-14-2021, 05:17 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Then it's not "centralized" is it ?
Sure it is, centralized just means you are looking at the data from the top down. Anyone can be the viewer.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Meanwhile The Pill has a much higher incidence of this exact condition than the vaccine.
Certainly. But the pill is a well established medical treatment. With the vaccines, we do not have the luxury of looking retrospectively. So a pause or more is necessary so as to avoid further similar side effects in more people to be vaccinated.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:24 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Certainly. But the pill is a well established medical treatment. With the vaccines, we do not have the luxury of looking retrospectively. So a pause or more is necessary so as to avoid further similar side effects in more people to be vaccinated.
They spoke about that in the advisory meeting. I'm not a medical person so I don't remember all the medical jargon but I am a numbers person and remembered that.

The rarity estimate of this blood clot thing on their chart was .39 for incident per so many people. I guess that is the number you. would associate with drugs already out for years like birth control pill.
In the case of J&J though when they did the math (vaccine out for 41 days and 1.4 million women in that age group got it) they got 15.x which is the reason they "paused" it.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Probably one of the 6 happens to be related to someone with power. It's all it takes to bring out the red balls.
Not necessary. If I had a recently vaccinated patient with possibly an unusual and serious side effect I would immediately report it to the public health authorities. So have at least 6 medical practitioners.

Covid 19 has a distinct propensity for causing clots in those afflicted. Most likely secondary to the immune response. So similar clotting is possible with a vaccine that tries to approximate the actual disease.

The mRNA vaccines do not seem to have this problem possibly because they provide more focused immunity against the spike protein. The Johnson and AZ vaccines most likely cause a more complex immune reaction since they use a relatively benign adenovirus.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Did you see my post where Trump commented on all of this? If not, I recommend you go read it.

Everything you don't agree with isn't a "conspiracy theory". If you think that there have been no serious issues with the Pfizer/Moderna 2 shot, then you haven't been paying attention. People have gotten ill and had side effects, yet no one is shutting this down. Get a grip.
What serious issues do you refer to that would require a pause or shut down of the mRNA vaccines?

Old 04-14-2021, 05:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I think a certain doctor at the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases is playing games with the media on this. The mrna vaccines are reported as causing adverse events WAY more than the Janssen. On VAERS:

Keyword "stroke" = 630 total events; 29 Janssen. (4.6%)

Keyword "clot" = 263 total reports; 11 Janssen. (4.1%)

Keyword "embolism" = 133 total events; 3 Janssen. (2.25%)

Keyword "DVT" = 126 total events; 2 Janssen. (1.58%)

Keyword "PE" = 85 total events; 2 Janssen. (2.35%)

Now all serious events including death with no keyword = 7,916 total events. Only 229 are regarding the Janssen. (2.89%) They are all dangerous; the information we get is being controlled & the reports on the Janssen are being allowed more exposure than the others. I call sabotage.
Somebody gave me an anonymous rep point (thank you!) on this post & asked if I thought this meant the J&J was safer. As of the last week of March when these were the current numbers on VAERS; only 4% of all covid vaccines given were the J&J. I just added the percentages (in color) next to the keywords. You will see that they are all also at 4% or even lower, which per dose (mrna require 2 doses) might indicate the J&J is slightly safer. Of course VAERS is underreported for all adverse events from all vaccines but it's all a layperson has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I see videos of people on twitter who had very bad side effects paralysis and other scary effects and the next day the videos are nowhere to be found.

people are dying a couple of days after receiving these vaccines.

I have seen famous people die of these vaccines where the friend of Marvin haggler the famous boxer tweeted before he died that he was having an adverse reaction to the vaccine. he said he thought Marvin would be fine but could people pray for his recovery.

If you immediately go to ICU after a vaccine that is not a coincidence it WAS the vaccine.
Yes; immediately after it was announced that DMX died, Google search turned up reports of his vaccination a few days before the heart attack but if you clicked on them you would get an "Error -- Page Not Found" return. I screenshotted the Google results which contained the brief text confirming it. I'm sure Google is completely wiped clean by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think there are way more than 6 cases. They are dishonest to the core.
It's important to notice that only the media is saying there have been six cases. When you read the actual press releases from the CDC & FDA; they say they are INVESTIGATING six cases. Big difference.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Somebody gave me an anonymous rep point (thank you!) on this post & asked if I thought this meant the J&J was safer. As of the last week of March when these were the current numbers on VAERS; only 4% of all covid vaccines given were the J&J. I just added the percentages (in color) next to the keywords. You will see that they are all also at 4% or even lower, which per dose (mrna require 2 doses) might indicate the J&J is slightly safer. Of course VAERS is underreported for all adverse events from all vaccines but it's all a layperson has.

Yes; immediately after it was announced that DMX died, Google search turned up reports of his vaccination a few days before the heart attack but if you clicked on them you would get an "Error -- Page Not Found" return. I screenshotted the Google results which contained the brief text confirming it. I'm sure Google is completely wiped clean by now.

It's important to notice that only the media is saying there have been six cases. When you read the actual press releases from the CDC & FDA; they say they are INVESTIGATING six cases. Big difference.
This isn't settled science. This is happening in real time. So we have to let the medical powers that be collect their data, discuss the data, then render their opinions. There doesn't need to be any conspiracies. The best medical interests of our people is the prime concern.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:58 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
VAERS reports are not proof of causation. You may imply it all you wish. It was not true when you used VAERS reports in the past, it is not true today, and it will not be true in the future.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/sc...d-19-vaccines/

"'One of the main limitations of VAERS data is that it cannot determine if the vaccine caused the reported adverse event,' reads its website. 'This limitation has caused confusion in the publicly available data from VAERS WONDER, specifically regarding the number of reported deaths. There have been instances where people have misinterpreted reports of deaths following vaccination as deaths caused by the vaccines; that is not accurate.'

So when VAERS says it has received 2,509 reports of death among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine as of March 29, that does not mean that those deaths were caused by the vaccine.

In fact, after reviewing medical records, autopsies and death certificates for all of those cases, physicians from both the CDC and the FDA determined that there was 'no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths.'”

VAERS reports cannot be used to infer relative safety, either, because the reports cannot show causation.

Quote:
No evidence he got the vaccine.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ne/7173058002/

"The claim that DMX received a COVID-19 vaccine a week before his heart attack is FALSE, based on our research. DMX's attorney Murray Richman confirmed that did not receive a COVID-19 vaccine a week before his cardiac arrest. Even if the rapper did receive the vaccine at one point, it is misleading to claim that the shot was the cause of his death. The CDC states that it has not identified a correlation between reported patient deaths and COVID-19 vaccines. Further, the only source of information for this claim is an unverified anonymous family member."

Quote:
You can bet everyone has been looking for more cases. Perhaps they are investigating six because that is all that have been found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies