Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 07:50 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That means that nothing scientific should be believed because something scientific was wrong in the past?
No. But it does suggest that these sorts of statements should be taken with a grain of salt and a healthy degree of skepticism, together with an open mind.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:51 PM

1,052 posts, read 453,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Do you receive some sort of commission or other incentives for the promotion of, or sales if these inoculations?

Just checking.
I don't need commissions or incentives to promote vaccines. I assume you never had to worry about measles, hepatitis B, mumps, smallpox, bubonic plague or TB in your life. You can thank vaccines for that; those are some NASTY diseases. Nowadays people don't have to worry about HPV and genital warts, either. We can thank vaccines for that.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
I don't need commissions or incentives to promote vaccines. I assume you never had to worry about measles, hepatitis B, mumps, bubonic plague or TB in your life. You can thank vaccines for that. Nowadays people don't have to worry about HPV and genital warts, either. We can thank vaccines for that.
I am not broadly opposed to all vaccines. I have had some of the other vaccines that you mentioned above, and am good with all of that.

But it is not an all or none choice here. Instead, I choose to use some discernment and to vet new "vaccines," supplements and other suggested treatments on a case-by-case basis.

Based on what I have gathered about these so-called "vaccines" so far, I am going to be taking a hard pass.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:05 PM

37,118 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well this was some unfortunate timing ...

(Video of the head of Denmark’s medical agency collapsed during an announcement of the discontinuation of astra zeneca in the link)
She fainted. Notice she woke up after the man helping her raised her legs.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/15/denmar...roved-vaccine/

In my opinion, not using the vaccine because of two cases and one death is idiotic.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:06 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thank you for the link! Yet no one in the US has paused Moderna or Pfizer's vaccine.
Yes. Makes me wonder what's going on. I am a pragmatic "follow the money" type and I am finding some interesting info on investor sites too. From two weeks ago. A biotech battle going on with lots of money involved. Mass use on the public may give them the opportunity for the "breakthrough" they are talking about below. The collaboration aspect mentioned in link is interesting too.

It looks like the proprietary technology that led to the first COVID-19 vaccines isn't very difficult to replicate.

BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX) recently received a public break-up message from its favorite collaboration partner that reverberated with Moderna (NASDAQ:MRNA) and every other biotech with similar technology. Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) has decided it can make vaccines based on messenger-RNA (mRNA) for other diseases without help from BioNTech or anyone else.

The limitations
Using strands of mRNA to turn human cells into mini vaccine factories looks like a great way to protect against viruses, but this technology still has a lot of limitations. Until somebody makes a major breakthrough, mRNA-based drugs will remain limited to single-use applications. This is because viruses have been using RNA to hijack cellular machinery since life began, and our immune systems still go berserk when they encounter mRNA strands that are supposed to be therapeutic.

Outside of the vaccine arena, there aren't many applications mRNA can safely treat, and there are only so many scary pathogens people need protection from. That means Pfizer will end up butting heads with nearly every company that relies on mRNA technology.

Moderna's pipeline relies entirely on mRNA, so it will almost certainly encounter Pfizer's forthcoming mRNA platform. BioNTech's pipeline is geared heavily toward mRNA-based drugs, but not entirely. The company has two antibodies and one small-molecule drug in early-stage clinical trials as potential new cancer treatments.

Pfizer is ready to lean into mRNA vaccine development with the same gusto it applied to the COVID-19 vaccine race. To get an occasional jump-start, Bourla said the company would start manufacturing some experimental products at risk before they have a chance to earn approval.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/...n-disaster-fo/

Old 04-15-2021, 08:17 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Now that J & J is paused Moderna is looking at buying another plant today to ramp up production. That move tells me they must not be too worried about a pause over their own blood clot issues. (?)

https://endpts.com/covid-19-manufact...plant-project/

Old 04-15-2021, 08:29 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Ever wonder why flu seemed to disappear during covid?
Seems many deaths were blamed on covid to try to justify other plans.

“More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ess-italy-says
Lol. Flu again? This question was answered zillion times already. Are you hoping for a different answer. Flu is much less contagious than this coronavirus. So the Covid countermeasures have decimated the flu. The end. Sorry if it does not fit your agenda.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:40 PM

1,052 posts, read 453,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Yes. Makes me wonder what's going on. I am a pragmatic "follow the money" type and I am finding some interesting info on investor sites too. From two weeks ago. A biotech battle going on with lots of money involved. Mass use on the public may give them the opportunity for the "breakthrough" they are talking about below. The collaboration aspect mentioned in link is interesting too.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/...n-disaster-fo/
Follow the money, and follow Fauci... he has been in bed with the moderna/NIH vaccine since the pandemic started.

The mRNA vaccines have had their share of (extremely rare) side effects; they have not been proven any safer than conventional adenovirus vaccines used by AstraZeneca and J&J. Yet nobody is questioning the mRNA vaccines.

So if J&J and Astra are getting shunned, who stands to benefit? That's right, moderna and the mRNA jabs.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:43 PM

17,422 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She fainted. Notice she woke up after the man helping her raised her legs.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/15/denmar...roved-vaccine/

In my opinion, not using the vaccine because of two cases and one death is idiotic.
Christ on a cracker. Just stop already.

She fainted. During a press conference about the vax. It's ironic.

You must be a boatload of fun at parties.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:47 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Yet nobody is questioning the mRNA vaccines.
False, plenty of people have said they intend to pass on them. There are other categories of vaccines coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies