Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 06:15 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Are you insinuating that a doctor always knows best?

I would certainly hope not.
If a medical opinion is the subject, then most likely a medical doctor would be a better choice than some unvetted Youtuber.

But no, we docs are not always right.

My point was to ask a layman for his or her opinion.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:21 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So it's WRONG a lot of the time.
There is a percentage of error in everything. In the case of the vaccines, the evidence points to overwhelmingly success.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:26 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I believe you got accused of being into conspiracy theories for promoting the completely unfounded notion that J&J was being withheld for some reason other than legit safety concerns at the behest of some cabal with ulterior motives.

J&J is an excellent vaccine and I believe it will be available again soon. Good luck with your vax.
I said that I pay attention to my gut feelings. Is doing so a sign of being a conspiracy theorist? Is that what you think? Well, that's on you.

I trust my gut feelings. The times I've ignored them, were the times that I look back and say I wish I hadn't done so.

Yes, J&J is a good vaccine. However, I questioned why it got pulled when people have had serious reactions to Pfizer and Moderna's vaccines but yet they don't get pulled. And, yes, anaphylactic shock is a serious reaction, considering if it isn't quickly caught death happens.

And, yes, I hope the pause is temporary. Thanks for the good wishes.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:26 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
What would you do Doctor?
First of all, recognize that anyone who is trying to discredit or silence the opinions of others based solely on whether they are credentialed as a supposed "expert," is politicizing the situation.

Which is exactly what you did with you previous post, quoted above.

You do a disservice to your profession and to the perspective you are hoping to advance with these sorts of arrogant, elitist, misleading, manipulative tactics. You should be ashamed, but somehow, I doubt that you are.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:31 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
If a medical opinion is the subject, then most likely a medical doctor would be a better choice than some unvetted Youtuber.

But no, we docs are not always right.

My point was to ask a layman for his or her opinion.
Good. I'm glad to hear you say that.

Honestly though, one might be better apt to trust a youtuber from time to time. Medical errors kill about 250K people a year.

Youtubers kill a handful that mimic dumb online challenges like eating Tide Pods.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:38 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
There is a percentage of error in everything. In the case of the vaccines, the evidence points to overwhelmingly success.
Over what time frame?

Old 04-15-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
First of all, recognize that anyone who is trying to discredit or silence the opinions of others based solely on whether they are credentialed as a supposed "expert," is politicizing the situation.

Which is exactly what you did with you previous post, quoted above.

You do a disservice to your profession and to the perspective you are hoping to advance with these sorts of arrogant, elitist, misleading, manipulative tactics. You should be ashamed, but somehow, I doubt that you are.
I am truly sorry if I offended you. But you need to be more specific as there are so many posts here and so rapidly since so many are involved.

I am here to inform. Very few medical doctors are here. And there has been a massive amount of dangerous medical misinformation dispersed on these types of forum. My only hope and purpose is the better health and best interests of everyone. I try to do my best and keep politics out of my medical opinions. But at times that is hard.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Good. I'm glad to hear you say that.

Honestly though, one might be better apt to trust a youtuber from time to time. Medical errors kill about 250K people a year.

Youtubers kill a handful that mimic dumb online challenges like eating Tide Pods.
One has to keep in perspective that millions upon millions of lives are saved by conventional medicine.
My wife and I'd be long since dead if it were not for modern medical miracles.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
This is interesting, another new update: Blood clots as prevalent with Pfizer and Moderna vaccine as with AstraZeneca's: report

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 04-15-2021, 07:19 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
One has to keep in perspective that millions upon millions of lives are saved by conventional medicine.
My wife and I'd be long since dead if it were not for modern medical miracles.
I agree with you.

But it's funny that you bring the bolded up. Another interesting perspective is that for the vast majority, covid is not a death sentence. Millions and millions of people have contracted it and recovered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies