Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 04:30 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I think you totally missed what he is getting at. And he's right, this is very dangerous territory we are heading in, but people like you don't care. You have no brain or independent thought. You or your family never escaped real dictators and don't recognize the signs of what is going to happen if we don't fight it now. And people JUST LIKE YOU ARE COMPLICIT IN THIS!
So we should not keep records on this new vaccine?

Old 04-14-2021, 04:30 PM

43,140 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The government paid for these shots so they are tracking where they go. The government knows about every prescriptions and The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has every procedure paid by them in their database.
I had a hunch but we were told there is no central government database containing this info.
I don't see how it can be otherwise after seeing the data on those presentations.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-1...al-11617105602
The U.S. lacks a central database for immunizations due to privacy concerns, leaving nonstandardized impermanent cards as the sole record of shots.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:35 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He's autistic, and he won in life. He thinks "logically" he is smart and successful, most accomplished, wealthiest, and therefore knows best. Better than you or me. Think you can tell him he's Wrong? The man is dangerous.
And of course the left loves him, unless he votes for a person they do not like, then he gets labeled "uneducated".

Old 04-14-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I had a hunch but we were told there is no central government database containing this info.
I don't see how it can be otherwise after seeing the data on those presentations.

The U.S. lacks a central database for immunizations due to privacy concerns, leaving nonstandardized impermanent cards as the sole record of shots.
The states have immunization databases.

Georgia's is GRITS.

https://www.grits.state.ga.us/produc...y_ui.showLogin

For COVID-19:

https://www.cbs58.com/news/federal-d...vaccine-uptake

"As Operation Warp Speed prepares to give the first Americans the coronavirus vaccine, states are set to turn over varying levels of non-identifiable information about vaccine recipients in order to help the federal government track the effort to eradicate the virus.

State immunization systems will provide non-identifying information, such as who has been vaccinated, what vaccine an individual received, and the site where the vaccine was administered, which will be stored in a cyber-secure federal database called the Data Clearinghouse, according to Army Col. RJ Mikesh, information technology lead for OWS, which is tasked with overseeing federal vaccine distribution.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Department of Health and Human Services have been working on signing data use and sharing agreements with states, counties and other jurisdictions that would allow them to compile state-gathered details in the Data Clearinghouse. The database will then be used for things like accessing patterns of vaccination, tracking the required second doses and highlighting under-vaccinated populations, Mikesh said."

Old 04-14-2021, 04:57 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:

If they are lying to us about this - and it looks like they are - it makes you wonder what else they are lying to us about in connection with this incitement of mass panic agenda.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:58 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Hah you guys always move so seamlessly to the next hair brained conspiracy theory. The reason they were pushing the two shot vaccines is that they came out in December and that's all there was. The government also contracted for J&J, but it didn't finish trials and get approved until later, at which point USA started acquiring them as fast as they could.

I suspect they will clear J&J very soon, possibly as early as Monday, and resume buying/distributing/administering as fast as possible. Their goal is to vaccinate as many people in USA as possible, with whatever vaccines are approved and considered both effective and safe. If their was some big conspiracy to hold back J&J they could have just not bought it, or not approved it.

Everything isn't a conspiracy.
Did you see my post where Trump commented on all of this? If not, I recommend you go read it.

Everything you don't agree with isn't a "conspiracy theory". If you think that there have been no serious issues with the Pfizer/Moderna 2 shot, then you haven't been paying attention. People have gotten ill and had side effects, yet no one is shutting this down. Get a grip.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:59 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:

That's absurd. Of course there are central government databases, and many citizens and companies have also assembled central databases from local data outputs.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If they are lying to us about this - and it looks like they are - it makes you wonder what else they are lying to us about in connection with this incitement of mass panic agenda.
What lying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Did you see my post where Trump commented on all of this? If not, I recommend you go read it.

Everything you don't agree with isn't a "conspiracy theory". If you think that there have been no serious issues with the Pfizer/Moderna 2 shot, then you haven't been paying attention. People have gotten ill and had side effects, yet no one is shutting this down. Get a grip.
What "serious issues"?

Most people who have "gotten ill" are experiencing what is known as "reactogenicity", which is a known effect of any vaccine. It is caused by activation of the immune system. It's not dangerous, though it can make some people miserable for a few days and it does not justify pausing giving the vaccines.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:14 PM

43,140 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
That's absurd. Of course there are central government databases, and many citizens and companies have also assembled central databases from local data outputs.
Think about what you typed. If multiple people have multiple "central" databases then there is no central database.

A central database is a single entity

Old 04-14-2021, 05:15 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Think about what you typed. If multiple people have multiple "central" databases then there is no central database.

A central database is a single entity
You clearly don't understand databases.

The same dataset can exist in multiple locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies