Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 02:28 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And every Jewish child, every Native American child leans of the genocide as a child. Every black person in every other country where slavery was acceptable, which is most of the civilized world, learned of slavery as a child. They learned it was their own race that sold them into slavery. As children in church we learned of the practice of slavery of many civilizations. Slavery is part of world histories. Its not something invented by White Europeans in the 1500s.
Right. African slaves built the pyramids in countries run by Africans like Egypt in BC times for crying out loud!

Does anyone here think Caterpillar and John Deere existed before the 20th century? How do you think BIG projects happened before modern times?

SLAVES! Every single race on Earth has been enslaved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 02:40 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,022 times
No one should be informed to forget portions of their history.

Perhaps we should cease to look down upon the blacks and look at our communities and members. If you're non-black with families derived from Europe..you can belief your families were the peasants and despicables of your orginal country..not explorers nor pioneers- peasants and it's quite evident in the gene pools of today.

Furthermore laws and policies were enforced as obstacles and barriers to the black community- no debating. Stripping them of liberties and common knowledge delayed their efforts and through their perseverance we witness black doctors,lawyers, corporate leaders, scientists and various professionals. I dont belief non-blacks would thrive anywhere near the extent of our black counterparts if the shoe were placed on the other foot.

Understandably the west maintains White Dependency issues, certainly there has never been a white supremacy era nor will there ever be..most depend consciously or subconsciously on the hue of their connective skin.

Lastly we can easily see their community holds major healing and growth opportunities. Sadly we're not too far ahead of them.by most standards and they're gaining ground.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:42 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I mean, it's easy to look up:

Income levels vary along racial/ethnic lines: 21% of all children in the United States live in poverty, about 46% of black children and 40% of Latino children.[114] The poverty rate is 9.9% for black married couples, and only 30% of black children are born to married couples (see Marriage below). The poverty rate for native born and naturalized whites is identical (9.6%).

SOOO.....

Black children are more than twice as likely as the average child in the USA to live in poverty, and more than 4 times as likely as whites.

BUUUUT....

The poverty rate is only 9.9% for MARRIED black couples.....almost identical to the average for all whites.

What does this tell you?
It tells us what we already knew, graduate from high school and get married if you want to have children.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
out of wedlock births = handouts=tax deductions=sports.
ok, whatever.
Apparently you possess issue with the fact; whites factually enjoy the greatest benefits of handouts. From academia, household, corporation, and beyound.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:49 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
No one should be informed to forget portions of their history.

Perhaps we should cease to look down upon the blacks and look at our communities and members. If you're non-black with families derived from Europe..you can belief your families were the peasants and despicables of your orginal country..not explorers nor pioneers- peasants and it's quite evident in the gene pools of today.

Furthermore laws and policies were enforced as obstacles and barriers to the black community- no debating. Stripping them of liberties and common knowledge delayed their efforts and through their perseverance we witness black doctors,lawyers, corporate leaders, scientists and various professionals. I dont belief non-blacks would thrive anywhere near the extent of our black counterparts if the shoe were placed on the other foot.

Understandably the west maintains White Dependency issues, certainly there has never been a white supremacy era nor will there ever be..most depend consciously or subconsciously on the hue of their connective skin.

Lastly we can easily see their community holds major healing and growth opportunities. Sadly we're not too far ahead of them.by most standards and they're gaining ground.
If what you say is true then why do Asians make more money and have more success on average than whites in America?

Old 04-16-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
If what you say is true then why do Asians make more money and have more success on average than whites in America?
I should clarify
I'm referring to European Americans

Old 04-16-2021, 03:03 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
Quote:
And every Jewish child, every Native American child leans of the genocide as a child. Every black person in every other country where slavery was acceptable, which is most of the civilized world, learned of slavery as a child. They learned it was their own race that sold them into slavery. As children in church we learned of the practice of slavery of many civilizations. Slavery is part of world histories. Its not something invented by White Europeans in the 1500s.

People in Africa don’t see each other as the same. There are different tribes and ethnic groups. So the narrative that Africans sold their own people is a misnomer. They don’t and never have associated with each other on the basis of skin color.

That’s like saying that anytime Europeans have enslaved each other it was enslaving it’s “own people”. Clearly Germans and Scandinavians don’t see each other as the same.

Old 04-16-2021, 03:04 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,277 times
The missing baby daddies need to be hunted down and forced to pay their baby daddy bills...This is not a problem that whites can be blamed for....

Old 04-16-2021, 03:05 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
Quote:
Selective migration. We get the best to come over here. It’s not like we allow Japanese janitors to migrate to America. Half of the time they’re coming here to start studies at Ivy League universities. If there first thing you do when you enter the country is get a masters degree from an Ivy League school. Chances are things are going to work out just fine for you

Old 04-16-2021, 03:05 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Interesting. I am an Asian man in the USA born into a 2 parent home also in marriage. I think statistically Asians have the highest marriage stats in the USA and probably the West, well ahead of whites. This is accounting for even the broad interpretation of what "Asian" really means. We have been criticized by some in the Black community for having White privilege because of a trend towards nuclear families. Let me tell you while that is true on the surface there are many families who I have personally seen ( I am a divorce lawyer) who should in my opinion NOT remain married. There is a real emotional toll for some couples to stay together just for the sake of their children. Some people just cannot live together and so tolerate the other's presence while finding outlets in adultery.

Others are just "paper marriages" which are basically green card marriages just done for immigration purposes. I wonder how many of those are actually skewing the numbers up to be honest.
Well, this is how I see it. I've heard many comments about Asians. However, when you say that Asians get accused of having "white privilege" due to having more nuclear families, this comes as a shock to me. What I tend to hear more about is the racial resentment related to economics. I've never heard of nuclear families being described as "white privilege" in my life. If this is happening, then it would actually come as a shock to me.

Your experience as a divorce lawyer would give you a better sample of marriage and divorce. At the same time, I also think about this. Culture is why some people remained married. Some people who probably never should have gotten married in the first place. However, due to family pressure, some people remain together. In some cases, it's not about the kids. It's about the shame it would bring on the family.

I think for many within the Black population, there is an attitude of "don't take any crap from anyone". And I think this extends to married. In my opinion, this could be partly the factor for relatively high divorce rates. Rather than stay in a bad marriage, there is a higher likelihood to just call it off.

Strangely enough, money is the #1 reason for divorce, not cheating. Cheating, for many, will most certainly be grounds for divorce. However, when some people are willing to leave due to money issues, that is a sign neither person should have been married in the first place.

Funny thing about "paper marriages". I wonder how many people get into them. I've known a few immigrant females (mostly from Eastern Europe) who got married, got divorced a short time after, and then got citizenship. Some would getting into another relationship sometime later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies