Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 09:42 AM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I imagine that said liberals were more likely to seek treatment, hence the higher number.
I think a lot of young people just lap up the social re-engineering.
You have the choice of living as the victim (minorites) or feel guilt for everything you do (Whites)
And your job in life is to fight for change..both victims and the guilty.

Neither group promotes any kind of happiness or talks about how far we've already come.

It's like glass half empty and the glass has a hole in it.

You do have some on the right that are like that...their views are the only views and everyone should have them. But they don't feel guilt, nor victimhood and both of those wreak havoc on your mental health.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:42 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
we all live with within our own delusions, trying to identify them and come to terms with them is a liberal trait more-so than conservative i would guess
Extreme left and right are no different. They just rationalize their righteousness in a slightly different mix of ways.

The more moderate ones tend to come around to being able to see more than one side on issues as they gain some maturity and experience. They may still be close to straight ticket voters but they're at least fairly reasonable.

For example, I've known a number of older church going types like my parents that have come around on gays over the years. I've got some older liberal friends that have come around on things as well like guns.

One of the major challenges you will have is that there are a whole bunch of R's and D's that are just party loyalists for whatever reason and are not conservative or liberal.

I can get along pretty well with liberals or conservatives. It's the ones that are just R or D that are typically annoying morons.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:45 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Having lived in the liberal haven of Seattle for over 20 years, I can say I've seen my share of young liberal women in my life. Perhaps young liberal women are less happy is liberals are always chasing causes that may never be completely fulfilled. Complete equality, no racism, universal healthcare just to name a few. While progress may be achieved, the end game will never be fulfilled so they are always chasing the carrot at the end of the stick.

As others have pointed out, conservatives are happy with the status quo.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:49 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
There’s no question conservative women as a whole seem to be more attractive. I don’t know why that is. My fiancé though is 39 and heavily liberal and is beautiful. When I first met her I thought for sure she was going to be a hardcore conservative til we got 2 hours into the date and I could easily sense she wasn’t really
Wow you found an attractive woman that was liberal, rare find indeed....congrats to you.

I wouldn't consider dating a liberal woman, even the rare find attractive one, if I wasn't already married to a hot conservative woman.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:06 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
There’s no question conservative women as a whole seem to be more attractive. I don’t know why that is. My fiancé though is 39 and heavily liberal and is beautiful. When I first met her I thought for sure she was going to be a hardcore conservative til we got 2 hours into the date and I could easily sense she wasn’t really
Good luck to you. Politically mixed relationships can be challenging.

As to why it is that conservative women tend to be more attractive, my theory is that it's because they're more comfortable in their own skin. Someone who is truly attractive is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. So even if you find a physically attractive liberal woman, her unsettled personality is going to detract from her overall sense of attractiveness.

Of course, there are exceptions either way. But in general, an appealing personality will raise a person's attractiveness "score" a point or two, and someone with an unappealing personality will lower it. And people who are satisfied with themselves, and with the way things are, tend to have more appealing personalities than do those who are not.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:47 AM

2,898 posts, read 992,875 times
People who care about others tend to have mental health issues because they're concerned with the state of the world. It makes sense. Anxiety is a mental health issue common among many liberals because they care about others. Apparently you thought this study was supposed to make liberals look bad? Young "liberal" women are in need of help, according to this study, and you're trying to make it into some sort of weird insult? That rather proves the point that some people think that being selfish is an admirable character trait, I guess?

Another factor is conservatives' inability to comprehend what they read, which will skew the results of the study. Look up there in this thread about mental health and all these posters talking about levels of "physical attractiveness," which is neither here nor there. I'd bet that the posters in this thread congratulate themselves on how "smart" they are, all the while proving the very opposite through their non sequiturs. Typical in a thread like this, of course. It all boils down to the 'little woman being purty, doin' what she's "supposed to do," and lookin' cute in her trump hat fer the boys.'

Old 04-15-2021, 02:13 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
^ this is why they have mental health issues

https://images.justwatch.com/backdro...-angry-beavers

Old 04-15-2021, 02:15 PM

2,898 posts, read 992,875 times
Yeah, but, what do you look like? That's what is really important to the posters in this thread.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I'm shocked......

...so there is a correlation between holding liberals ideas and mental illness

at least that's what Pew Research found

"The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even “very liberal.” What’s more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives."

https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/ov...alth-condition

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...111439872.html
I think the number for each group is closer to 85%. Just an observation.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:20 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Always referred by some website no one has ever heard of. They probably all go to a garage in Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies