Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 08:21 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Does your math account for the fact that you have to live with Californians to live in California? No? Well, there ya go.
I ignore people no matter where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 08:21 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Average home price: Dallas city $500,000, Austin city $597,000, Denver $791,000, San Diego $1,053,573
The part about Dallas and Austin is not even close to true.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:23 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
No offense but why? Dallas, and most of Texas just doesn't seem all that desirable to me, unless someone is moving there for solely economic reasons. Dallas in particular doesn't really have any notable natural feature or amenity that would draw someone there.
The people are the draw.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:24 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Quote:
No offense but why? Dallas, and most of Texas just doesn't seem all that desirable to me, unless someone is moving there for solely economic reasons. Dallas in particular doesn't really have any notable natural feature or amenity that would draw someone there.

That's the crazy thing about the housing market at this point. Even cheap, so-so places seem overvalued at the moment.
DFW is home to major national headquarters including:

Toyota (N.A.)
Exxon Mobile
Southwest Airlines
Kimberly-Clark
American Airlines
Texas Instruments
Etc.

DFW has more Fortune 500 companies headquartered there than any other area outside NY/NJ/PA

DFW is centrally located and the suburbs have among the best public schools in the country. Some of the suburbs (Southlake, Allen, Westlake, Colleyville) are extremely wealthy; again, among the wealthiest in the US.

We no longer live there. And you are right that it is a good place for people to further their careers, but it is not a so-so place. There is a lot to do and it it really upscale in places. Summer is hotter than heck of course.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The people are the draw.
Why are you people living lifestyles that has strangers as an integral part of your happiness?

I mean, it’s your choice and all but how is that even feasible?

Old 04-15-2021, 08:31 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
I think Dallas is a good example of a city that got big largely through sheer, unabashed self-promotion.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:33 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,365,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Does your math account for the fact that you have to live with Californians to live in California? No? Well, there ya go.
Thats just plain hate. And wrong in the case of San Diego. The tree huggers and sanctuary city nutters proliferate the bay area, most San Diego residents are pretty good neighbors, and we have more ex military here than any other county in the country.

OTOH...

San Diego sucks we are all crazy, mean, and dont bathe. EVER. Wildfires burn the city to the ground every year, and weve been overdue for the big one (earthquake) for centuries.
Do not move here. You will hate it.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:36 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
And will only get worse as these illegal border crossers are dumped into local cities and economies winding up with subsidized/third party money for housing which turn will drive up rents and houses. Throw in those that can't wait to get out of their apartment let alone city the pricing ladder will continue to go up.
Most of that third-party money doing the purchasing you're talking about is private equity cash and hedge funds keeping your pension fund afloat, but do feel free to blame the boogie men from across the border...

Old 04-15-2021, 08:42 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,613,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The people are the draw.
I don't doubt there are some likeable people there, as there are just about everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
DFW is home to major national headquarters including:

Toyota (N.A.)
Exxon Mobile
Southwest Airlines
Kimberly-Clark
American Airlines
Texas Instruments
Etc.

DFW has more Fortune 500 companies headquartered there than any other area outside NY/NJ/PA

DFW is centrally located and the suburbs have among the best public schools in the country. Some of the suburbs (Southlake, Allen, Westlake, Colleyville) are extremely wealthy; again, among the wealthiest in the US.

We no longer live there. And you are right that it is a good place for people to further their careers, but it is not a so-so place. There is a lot to do and it it really upscale in places. Summer is hotter than heck of course.
I know there's a good bit of economic development and affluence there. I just think geographically and climate wise, it's not a place I would pick, but that's just personal preference I suppose. It's not an area I would want to pay a premium to live in without beach access, mountains or some other wowing natural feature, and it feels like it's a long drive to get anywhere that looks much different.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:28 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
What I can't understand is the OP's strange, obsessive hatred of California.

In the past 30 days or less, he's posted at least 16 topic threads that are all hating on California in something, usually because of the homeless, the money, the filth or the dying.

The frequency isn't new, either. These posts have been coming in these numbers for well over a year or longer with no letup.

Why such obsession? It's extremely intense.

Maybe this would make some kind of sense if the OP lived there, but he doesn't!

He lives in Arizona, and never writes a bad word about his life there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies