Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 09:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times

Advertisements

So whether in small town or big city, whose home price hasn't been going up strongly in value, according to Zillow? For instance, I was shocked to see Zillow report the value of my small two bedroom rent house has gone up from $79,000 to $93,000, definitely more than I gave for it. This even though not much is going on in my town as far as new business and industry moving in.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 04-15-2021 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
What I can't understand is the OP's strange, obsessive hatred of California.

In the past 30 days or less, he's posted at least 16 topic threads that are all hating on California in something, usually because of the homeless, the money, the filth or the dying.

The frequency isn't new, either. These posts have been coming in these numbers for well over a year or longer with no letup.

Why such obsession? It's extremely intense.

Maybe this would make some kind of sense if the OP lived there, but he doesn't!

He lives in Arizona, and never writes a bad word about his life there!
Interesting how he never brings up the Okie part of California, the Central Valley. Maybe life is better there. But many years ago, my grandparents didn't like how they were treated there as migrants, so they moved back to Oklahoma where they built a new house out of savings earned while working in the Central Valley.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I have trouble believing both that the Dallas figure is that high, and that the San Diego figure is that low.
I sure don't with Dallas. Lots and lots of people want to move to Dallas and its suburbs. It's even causing the south central border counties of Oklahoma to add on population. As a result, Durant is one of the very few non metro small towns in Oklahoma that are actually growing.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
No offense but why? Dallas, and most of Texas just doesn't seem all that desirable to me, unless someone is moving there for solely economic reasons. Dallas in particular doesn't really have any notable natural feature or amenity that would draw someone there.

That's the crazy thing about the housing market at this point. Even cheap, so-so places seem overvalued at the moment.
I mean, what feature is it missing ?

Old 04-15-2021, 10:23 PM

795 posts, read 408,381 times
Not complaining. My home here in San Diego has doubled in value in the 7 years we’ve owned it. Going on the market in a few weeks and the proceeds are allowing us to buy a huge home on 24 acres in rural Maine for cash. No more mortgage payments for me and no more California insanity either!

Old 04-15-2021, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I sure don't with Dallas. Lots and lots of people want to move to Dallas and its suburbs. It's even causing the south central border counties of Oklahoma to add on population. As a result, Durant is one of the very few non metro small towns in Oklahoma that are actually growing.
So is Dallas no longer the **** hole it was 15 years or so ago then? Last time I was thru Texas Dallas was looking like Detroit.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
So is Dallas no longer the **** hole it was 15 years or so ago then? Last time I was thru Texas Dallas was looking like Detroit.
YES! LOL, like it or not, hordes of people don't require a fabulous view of the mountains and/or a short drive to the beach, in order to move to insanely fast growing big cities, such as Dallas. The same with Austin and San Antonio.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:35 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,864,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I have trouble believing both that the Dallas figure is that high, and that the San Diego figure is that low.
Lots of condos in San Diego pull the price down. But many of the OP's statements were incorrect, so no reason to believe any of them are true.

Last edited by DKM; 04-15-2021 at 10:44 PM..

Old 04-15-2021, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
YES! LOL, like it or not, hordes of people don't require a fabulous view of the mountains and/or a short drive to the beach, in order to move to insanely fast growing big cities, such as Dallas. The same with Austin and San Antonio.
Now Austin I can believe. When I was there back in 04 Austin was gorgeous, as was San Antonio. Dallas just looked run down and dirty.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I mean, what feature is it missing ?
Awesome mountain views and a short drive to the beach. But that is why coastal California is so highly expensive. Much of the interior of the country is ruler flat with few trees and then you go to the ridiculously opposite to the extreme how cheap housing can be. Lots of houses in fading small towns where nobody wants to move to for under $100,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies