Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 06:34 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times

Advertisements

American middle-class just needs to work a little harder so they win the dozens of bids many of which hedge funds, wealthy elites buying homes as a hard asset and pension funds.

The average home equity gained in cities like San Diego and Denver the last year is about three times what the typical job in those cities pay before tax.

Interesting how there are 2 million more vacant housing units than 2000 but yet there is massive scarcity of homes for sale.

I guess this is what happens when money supply goes from 3.9 trillion to 18.1 trillion in a year and ZIRP policies.

Nothing more than contrived sham to manipulate middle to upper-middle to buy, buy, buy and using the pandemic to do so.

San Diego average home price up 160,000 in a year!
Denver average home price up 154,000 in a year!
Dallas up 28% home price
Galveston, TX up 44% home price

https://www.recenter.tamu.edu/data/h...vity/#!/trends

http://marketstatsreports.showingtim...ver-County.pdf

http://media.sdar.com/media/CurrentStats.pdf

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/E...ce%20elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 06:55 PM

9,895 posts, read 4,656,637 times
And will only get worse as these illegal border crossers are dumped into local cities and economies winding up with subsidized/third party money for housing which turn will drive up rents and houses. Throw in those that can't wait to get out of their apartment let alone city the pricing ladder will continue to go up.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:58 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,886 times
Home prices aren't the only thing going up wait until hyperinflation hits due to the national debt.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:00 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Home prices aren't the only thing going up wait until hyperinflation hits due to the national debt.
Yeah, my USED car went up in value significantly since last year, with more wear and tear and mileage. I think it’s pretty clear that somethin ain’t right.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:01 PM

8,506 posts, read 4,750,085 times
I have trouble believing both that the Dallas figure is that high, and that the San Diego figure is that low.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:02 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
And will only get worse as these illegal border crossers are dumped into local cities and economies winding up with subsidized/third party money for housing which turn will drive up rents and houses. Throw in those that can't wait to get out of their apartment let alone city the pricing ladder will continue to go up.
I have noticed apartment prices are much more stable recently than home prices.

Seems as though the 13 months of free rent if one had a lease before COVID-19 is causing huge upward pressure very recently.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:08 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I have trouble believing both that the Dallas figure is that high, and that the San Diego figure is that low.
DFW is an extremely hot and high priced market. We sold our home last year, height of pandemic, over asking, with multiple offers within days of listing. Texas is no longer the “huge house, low price” situation it once was.

Don’t you live in TX?

Old 04-15-2021, 08:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
San Diego is twice as desirable as Dallas?

I would have put that figure at 6 billion times more desirable but ok.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:13 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
DFW is an extremely hot and high priced market. We sold our home last year, height of pandemic, over asking, with multiple offers within days of listing. Texas is no longer the “huge house, low price” situation it once was.
No offense but why? Dallas, and most of Texas just doesn't seem all that desirable to me, unless someone is moving there for solely economic reasons. Dallas in particular doesn't really have any notable natural feature or amenity that would draw someone there.

That's the crazy thing about the housing market at this point. Even cheap, so-so places seem overvalued at the moment.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:15 PM

4,671 posts, read 4,984,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
San Diego is twice as desirable as Dallas?

I would have put that figure at 6 billion times more desirable but ok.
Does your math account for the fact that you have to live with Californians to live in California? No? Well, there ya go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies