Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 11:49 PM

2,450 posts, read 975,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It doesn't matter because it's too late to make any difference or change any minds.
The media must be held accountable for their numerous lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 12:39 AM

52,705 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
400+ arrests have been made by federal authority from Jan 6 riot.

None is charged for the death of Brian Sicknick
None is charged for insurrection

Hmm, I am wondering why that is.
it's quite puzzling...

Old 04-20-2021, 01:57 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,532,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I didn't see that on the video. What I saw looked like a mob trying to break into the room, and the woman trying to squeeze through the narrow side window that had been busted out. No doubt she would have been through the window in just a few more seconds.

If I'm a cop inside the room and an unruly crowd is busting out windows and trying to break down doors to get inside, I'm probably going to conclude they aren't wanting in to wish me Happy Birthday or anything like that.

I'm as big a Second Amendment supporter and Trump supporter as there is, but under the circumstances I saw in the video, I don't blame the cop one bit. It's one thing to walk and chant and stuff like that, but when it comes to physically breaking into a place with a mob behind you and a cop inside the room with a gun pointed at you and yelling at you to Stay Out, then only a fool would continue trying to break in.
Go to 3:30 mark of the video.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ustice-systems

I'm surprised they didn't shoot more people to be honest, but this video shows a very interesting assessment of Police in the same situation.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:05 AM

5,075 posts, read 3,973,436 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's quite puzzling...
The Lefties who fell for the Dem/Media lie must be puzzled. I suspect 99% of Lefties knew the narrative was a lie.

It is laughable when they call it an insurrection (without insurrectionists!).

Old 04-20-2021, 03:25 AM

5,075 posts, read 3,973,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I didn't see that on the video. What I saw looked like a mob trying to break into the room, and the woman trying to squeeze through the narrow side window that had been busted out. No doubt she would have been through the window in just a few more seconds.

If I'm a cop inside the room and an unruly crowd is busting out windows and trying to break down doors to get inside, I'm probably going to conclude they aren't wanting in to wish me Happy Birthday or anything like that.
Nice try.

The cop (who inaccurately thought pols were behind him down the (barricaded) hallway [not ‘room’] and who had no idea the tactically armed and casually chatting police were 5 feet from Ashli) never believed his own life was in danger from the rather small and empty- handed female. He said as much.

His shot was the ONLY shot fired that day and Ashli was the only person killed that day. (Despite the media lies regarding a trampled woman and a Capitol Policeman with his head bashed in by a fire extinguisher.). For some reason this truthful statement triggers the Left.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 04-20-2021 at 04:02 AM..

Old 04-20-2021, 07:46 AM

33,592 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Here’s Trump’s acting AG’s statement on 1/8/2021 announcing the officer’s death and attributing it to injuries sustained defending the Capital.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/state...fficer-brian-d

This was the official WH statement that triggered all that followed.
The Capital police lied to everyone stating he was injured.. so the WH actually thought the capital police were telling the truth.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:05 AM

23,835 posts, read 12,670,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Capital police lied to everyone stating he was injured.. so the WH actually thought the capital police were telling the truth.
It could be that the capitol police got their information from the NYT article.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:32 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,540,439 times
Quote:

Because the real crimes committed were trespassing and vandalizing federal property. That's it.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:05 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,540,439 times
Glenn Greenwald weighs in from Substack:
The Media Lied Repeatedly About Officer Brian Sicknick's Death. And They Just Got Caught.

Just as with the Russia Bounty debacle, they will never acknowledge what they did. Their audience wants to be lied to for partisan gain and emotional pleasure.

It was crucial for liberal sectors of the media to invent and disseminate a harrowing lie about how Officer Brian Sicknick died. That is because he is the only one they could claim was killed by pro-Trump protesters at the January 6 riot at the Capitol.

So The New York Times on January 8 published an emotionally gut-wrenching but complete fiction that never had any evidence — that Officer Sicknick's skull was savagely bashed in with a fire extinguisher by a pro-Trump mob until he died — and, just like the now-discredited Russian bounty story also unveiled by that same paper, cable outlets and other media platforms repeated this lie over and over in the most emotionally manipulative way possible. Just watch a part of what they did and how:

{More at the link}

Old 04-20-2021, 10:19 AM

929 posts, read 305,428 times
Congress has made sure that they have their modern equivalent of the Brownshirts , completely outside the scope of other Law Enforcement Agencies in America regarding accountability and transperacy.
Not subject to FOI.
Not subject to any inquiries of the people regarding their actions , including the shooting and killing of an unarmed former member of the US Armed Forces.

It is simply outrageous. Just like Congress protects it’s miscreants and sexual abusers with their slush fund , they have protected those that would harm the very people they are supposed to be protecting.

Anywhere else in America, the killing off an unarmed citizen of color is met with demands, protests, rioting and seemingly endless drama supported by the leftist MSM. However here, the opposite has occurred. The Leftist MSM built a foundation of fabrications and outright lies to cover up the only killing of the day, continued to stoke the flames for weeks , even entering the lies into the Congressional Record of the failed Impeachment , all to sow division.

Another Hoax, another lie, another complete misrepresentation of the truth by so called “ journalists “ , that only care to write what the narrative calls for. This is what tyranny and disorder look like in real time.

And it continues. Members of Congress can now incite civil disorder , interfere in Legal proceedings with their rhetoric, and walk around like it never happened.

Last edited by Speegleagle; 04-20-2021 at 10:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies