Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 03:08 PM

424 posts, read 175,964 times

Advertisements

We have fostered and probably will again. I don't care where the kids come from who come into my home. All children need love and stability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 03:26 PM

62,975 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
We have fostered and probably will again. I don't care where the kids come from who come into my home. All children need love and stability.
They need to get love and stability in their own countries. The demands and costs of these foreign children are not fair to our own children.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:42 PM

447 posts, read 322,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Are we talking fostering or adoption? Either has its challenges. It's not like you just go "pick one up". Adoption often requires years of legal and social work and lots of money. These kids have parents somewhere that many probably want to be reunited with their kids.

Fostering would likely be easier, but what happens when the parents want to be reunited with the kids? Are parents given a free pass into the country? Kids sent back to parents?

These kids have been played as pawns by a few different parties including the Democrats in this country, and it is disgusting at best.
I know the difference. Foster looks like taking care of the child without custody which remains in the hands of government. However, emotionally I believe the kids still wish you to love them the same as your own kids, which is natural and may happen in some caring families. It is just a challenge to me personally. And if the parents do not show up until they grow up, the real problems I mentioned will still be there.

I was always thinking most of the foster kids are the kids whose parents are American local citizens, and for any kind of reason can not take care of them and government steps in.

If the foster kids are more likely illegal immigrants and serve their parents as a tool for a pass to the USA then it is truly disgusting. I don't mean the kids but the method. I would not encourage this method being more popular by fostering the kids.

However, if a kid has no such issue, but would be only living together with us several years making good friends with my little one and eventually unite with his/her own parents who are American citizens, I actually would feel even happier. In that case I don't feel too guilty for being unable to love the child same as my own child. Then again how can American citizens not being able to care their own children? A single dad going to the battle field in Middle East and a single Dad going to jail are totally different and their kids might be totally different as well.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:08 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I know the difference. Foster looks like taking care of the child without custody which remains in the hands of government. However, emotionally I believe the kids still wish you to love them the same as your own kids, which is natural and may happen in some caring families. It is just a challenge to me personally. And if the parents do not show up until they grow up, the real problems I mentioned will still be there.

I was always thinking most of the foster kids are the kids whose parents are American local citizens, and for any kind of reason can not take care of them and government steps in.

If the foster kids are more likely illegal immigrants and serve their parents as a tool for a pass to the USA then it is truly disgusting. I don't mean the kids but the method. I would not encourage this method being more popular by fostering the kids.

However, if a kid has no such issue, but would be only living together with us several years making good friends with my little one and eventually unite with his/her own parents who are American citizens, I actually would feel even happier. In that case I don't feel too guilty for being unable to love the child same as my own child. Then again how can American citizens not being able to care their own children? A single dad going to the battle field in Middle East and a single Dad going to jail are totally different and their kids might be totally different as well.
I have always thought it would be tough to foster. Both child and parent getting attached and them they are removed. Fostering seems to produce better results than orphanages or state care. Our local children’s home shut it home down completely and is now focusing solely on fostering. I guess the research shows kids fair better. Not too surprising I guess.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I mean I get where you’re coming from. I think the outrage is putting illegal immigrants ahead of those within the system here legally.
Yeah I get that too. I also am outraged that they are willing to pay Bestwestern over $750 a night per room for illegals. Tent city is what they should get and that is still better than what do for our homeless or what the Dems did for our National guard Troops in January.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:51 PM

424 posts, read 175,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They need to get love and stability in their own countries. The demands and costs of these foreign children are not fair to our own children.
I don't really disagree, but if more people would step up and foster the children who are here, there'd be more than enough room for all. Honestly, I would encourage all of the people in this thread who are worried about American foster children to sign up to be foster parents! If you can take in one child
and give them a stable, loving home for as long as they need it, then you will be impacting that one life immensely and giving that child experiences that they might never have had.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:10 PM

62,975 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
I don't really disagree, but if more people would step up and foster the children who are here, there'd be more than enough room for all. Honestly, I would encourage all of the people in this thread who are worried about American foster children to sign up to be foster parents! If you can take in one child
and give them a stable, loving home for as long as they need it, then you will be impacting that one life immensely and giving that child experiences that they might never have had.
No, there would not be enough room for all of these foreign children crashing our border. We are already overwhelmed with them. They shouldn't even be allowed into our country without a parent or legal guardian to care for them. They should not be our problem!

Old 04-22-2021, 06:50 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Automated emails and phone calls from the state’s Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) have asked foster parents if they can take anywhere from one to 26 or more children.

“We were outraged. They’re literally going to use the foster system to facilitate human trafficking,” he said.

She said foster parents are being placed “between a rock and a hard place” because there are currently 30,000 American children in the Los Angeles County foster system waiting for placement. “Someone loses a bed and it’s not fair.”

We need to change the laws so we can send kids back to their home countries. It would be cheaper to pay foreign foster families or orphanages to take care of them if their parents don't want them.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_mo...r71xWHaA%3D%3D

This is absolutely nuts!

CLOSE the borders

Old 04-22-2021, 06:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Automated emails and phone calls from the state’s Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) have asked foster parents if they can take anywhere from one to 26 or more children.

“We were outraged. They’re literally going to use the foster system to facilitate human trafficking,” he said.

She said foster parents are being placed “between a rock and a hard place” because there are currently 30,000 American children in the Los Angeles County foster system waiting for placement. “Someone loses a bed and it’s not fair.”

We need to change the laws so we can send kids back to their home countries. It would be cheaper to pay foreign foster families or orphanages to take care of them if their parents don't want them.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_mo...r71xWHaA%3D%3D
Misleading in that some of the Foster care facilities aren't just 'foster parents' -- implying a couple in a house with three bedrooms.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:49 PM

447 posts, read 322,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah I get that too. I also am outraged that they are willing to pay Bestwestern over $750 a night per room for illegals. Tent city is what they should get and that is still better than what do for our homeless or what the Dems did for our National guard Troops in January.
The price is totally unreal. I suspect if this is the real price.

Best Western as far as I know belongs to the low-end economical hotels. When I was a student I booked quite a few times in this hotel when going on holiday due to tight budget 20 years ago. I clearly know the price. I booked one room for one night once in Oklahoma near a state park costing around 70 during bank holiday time, the other time I booked was in another bank holiday time in North beach in Miami costing around 180 which almost stands for the top level charge for this hotel. For both times I did the last minute booking in a busy holiday time.

I accept that they live in a low-end hotel but I do not agree with the price.

A suit room in Manhattan from Conrad Hilton costs around 420 during weekends and it is river view.

Renaissance in time squire during Christmas time costs around 400 as well.

A best western room in no-where costing 750 a night paid by tax payers is an insult to my IQ.

Last edited by lily76; 04-22-2021 at 08:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies