Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2021, 01:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,523,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The distances in space are unfathomable. It would take 70,000 years for a spaceship to merely get to the nearest star from Earth. And there are a hundred billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy.

I think people grossly underestimate just how much more advanced than us an alien race would have to be to even have a shot at reaching us from a distant star system in our galaxy.
PBS Space-Time just put out a video stating that a warp drive may be possible without having to have negative energy. The kicker is it would require 1/10 the energy of our sun to warp space-time in front and behind a ship and even if that is possible we wouldn’t know how to do it without creating black holes by having that much mass/energy in such a dense state.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 04-26-2021 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 02:12 PM

1,110 posts, read 674,558 times
To announce information of the magnitude, one would have to consider that some serious thought went into it before going public. The real question is whether the intent is to inform, distract or mislead? Since there hasn't been instantaneous campaigns to malign or disappear the claimants or disavow what's being reported, it's more likely organized and staged in a way to achieve a desired outcome.

Real?: One could guess the timing is right to inform as in, we may be potentially on track for major disruptions (shared technology, brokering visitation/ limited occupation, societal shifts etc.)

Fake (passive intent)?: One could guess the timing is right for distraction from Floyd/ Chauvin, Epstein/ Maxwell, still disputed 2020 election, Hillary trial, Joe/ Hunter, Covid realities...

Fake (malicious intent)?: One could guess the timing is right to intentionally mislead. Fabricate the entire storyline but instead of nut jobs, Governments stand by the release. "The Aliens are here and they say we MUST... (disarm the populace, fix climate change, open borders, one world govt, abandon concepts around property ownership and currencies) OR ELSE."

Listen very carefully for what we are being steered toward after 'breaking the news' and you'll be an 'early on to' as to what desired outcome is expected.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:23 PM

1,110 posts, read 674,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Plenty of planets with life. Just no way to get to them and they can't get to us.
Almost makes we wonder if this is somehow by design....

I always thought of 'Our Creator' as being far beyond earthly. Immutable laws of physics, energy, mathematics and chemistry... That's some real magic.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:53 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,233,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Impossible to say, but given the sheer size of the universe, it would be silly to think we're alone in the universe. Who knows if something has been covered up or not.
What is the probability of life existing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Having researched this topic pretty extensively, I believe there is sufficient evidence that the military has encountered objects that appear to have air maneuverability well beyond that of conventionally understood aircraft, often silent running and without any visible means of propulsion. As to what they are, I have no idea.
I agree. While I'm firmly in the camp of "there are no aliens". I don't believe all of these things are hoaxes or just figments of people's imaginations.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,523,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

I agree. While I'm firmly in the camp of "there are no aliens". I don't believe all of these things are hoaxes or just figments of people's imaginations.
If we use the scientific data we have it would be 1:1e22. If we use the Drake Equation the possibility of planets having supported life at some point in the history of the universe is 100 million. That chances that life made it through billions of years of evolution and past the nuclear weapons phase of life and can also travel intergalactically and are around at the same time as we are are really really slim even with 100 billion galaxies each with 100 billion stars.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:04 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,425,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Once you realize how many stars and planets there are? Its hard to believe that there arent tens of thousands of other races.

Quote:
We have video and radar tracking of some of them recently. Which could mean black projects-either ours or others.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:20 PM

35,780 posts, read 21,159,559 times
Brother is ex Air Force. He was a secret radar tech working inside a mountain - even though I had a TS clearance, he would not divulge what he had experienced with the job - but knowing my brother, he had much to tell if felt at liberty to. We both honor our commitments and I zip it in other areas. All he would say was there are other alternative universes. Whatever that should mean to me. An uncle experienced orbs. Whether true or not , it’s what he said he saw in the woods along with other people. He travels a lot and this was in Central America. I do believe exist but I do wonder if at all related to heavenly beings. Maybe not. Just trying to make sense. And last. All presidents say they gonna expose the UFO thing and nada. Why ?

Old 04-26-2021, 03:45 PM

17,372 posts, read 12,333,769 times
It is something that with everyone walking around with a high quality camera capable of live streaming to the world, just how little new evidence there is for UFOs, Bigfoot, ghosts, you name it.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:45 PM

6,014 posts, read 2,261,141 times
My take is if there are Aliens nearby watching then I would assume the planet earth launching 1000 rockets and satellites into space within a year might get their attention. Space X alone has 1000 satellites up by themselves.

https://spacenews.com/spacex-surpass...arlink-launch/

Earthlings are pumping junk into space at a rate that would likely alarm any extraterrestrials living close enough to notice.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:58 PM

17,372 posts, read 12,333,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
My take is if there are Aliens nearby watching then I would assume the planet earth launching 1000 rockets and satellites into space within a year might get their attention. Space X alone has 1000 satellites up by themselves.

https://spacenews.com/spacex-surpass...arlink-launch/

Earthlings are pumping junk into space at a rate that would likely alarm any extraterrestrials living close enough to notice.
Vast majority of that is coming back down to burn up on re-entry in a relatively short time. Notable exceptions being Voyager 1&2 just now pushing past the edge of the solar system, New Horizons coming behind them. And Pioneer 10&11 which we've lost contact with when they lost power, which should approach another star system...in a few million years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies