Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 06:08 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,890,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But yet New England states seem to be doing just fine. Vermont is Bernie Sanders home state, and yet, it's quite lovely.
New England north of Massachusetts (VT, NH, ME) may be liberal, but it has more in common the Intermountain West than with Sorosfaucistan hellholes like CA and NY. Environmental regulations are strict and taxes are high, but laws are reasonable, so is gun control, and business-friendliness is decent. I remember reading about people storming those states for haircuts and entertainment, back when the Biden pLandemic was still going strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 06:52 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,998,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
This is true. Part of the problem is NIMBYism which has been stifling multi-unit housing units from being built in the higher income (largely white) neighborhoods. The city has tackled this more aggressively than any city in the country with its 2040 plan. Look it up.
You are correct here. Minneapolis want to be one of the first cities of its age/size to abolish the single family home zoning standard that covers so much of the city. Old mill homes to be completely renovated
(or demolished), and multi unit homes/apartments replace them for the win!

The ever so progressive residents that now live in Minneapolis love that idea. Until it happens near them.
Powderhorn Park, I'm looking at you...

Old 05-03-2021, 07:14 AM

52,760 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
She forgot to mention the number of homicides going from 33, to 48, and then skyrocketing to 81 the last year. If you think it's getting better, so far there's been 22 homicides through April 22nd when it took until June 15th last year to reach that number.
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...minneapolis-2/

The armed car jackings and nightly street races are completely out of control.
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...7-46442997dcd8

The number of police officers was 817 and now has dropped to 638. This is what it means to reimagine policing. We just imagine that we have a police force. This was before the Chauvin verdict, the Kim Potter incident, and before it was announced that there would be a federal investigation of the MPD. I imagine those numbers will not improve a whole lot in the upcoming months despite efforts to recruit more officers. You have to wonder about the quality of recruits that MPD will be able to attract at this point.

"Minneapolis police staffing woes worse than anticipated"
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/0...an-anticipated

I can't wait until the Democrats start reimagining other things, can't you?
"This is what it means to reimagine policing. We just imagine that we have a police force."

^perfection. +1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
How this even happen? Did Minneapolis population somehow explode like cray with newcomers this past decade? Or was it the indigenous that somehow got brainwashed?
wokism pandemic.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:24 AM

7,047 posts, read 2,739,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then please explain why leftists want to utterly destroy America? Won't they have to live in the destruction? Or do they have a despicable way to get filthy rich from all destruction?
Maxine Waters and Al Sharpton don't live anywhere near the destruction they foster.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:28 AM

7,047 posts, read 2,739,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Because being an SJW bolsters their low self esteem. Losers have to find creative ways to be noticed. SJWs/leftists get noticed by adopting ridiculously outrageous policies. I thought everyone knew this. Incel Antifa soy-boys get to emerge from mommy's basement and destroy things, thereby being noticed for the first time in their lives. White liberal college students know they're doomed to a life of folding clothes at The gap with their liberal arts degrees, so they riot. The bottom feeder portion of the Black community are forever whining about equality so they don't have to explain their complete failure to accomplish anything in life. The vast majority of liberal nonsense are just desperate attempts at getting attention and feeling important.
They are like a bucket of crabs. If one manages to climb to the top, another latches on to drag them back down.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:35 AM

52,760 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
This, right there, is a perfect illustration of the saying "Those who don't remember their history are doomed to repeat it." I'm in my mid-50s and I remember the urban decay of that time. One of the ways that the cities were cleaned up was by strict enforcement of the laws. But the younger folks, who weren't alive back then, come to their clean, safe cities, and decide that, hey, defunding the police is a great idea. They have no frame of reference to understand what that means in practical terms, nor do they have enough discernment to think things through. Looks like they'll have to learn the lessons that those of us of an older generation had to learn long ago.
they could begin their education by watching charles bronson in Death Wish 1, 2 & 3, assuming leftists haven't banished those movies yet.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:32 AM

16,581 posts, read 10,689,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Hey, storefronts aren't gonna smash themselves.
I wish C-D had a Laughing Out Loud emoji, because this would certainly call for one.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:35 AM

1,283 posts, read 1,097,027 times
Who wants to freeze their ass most of the year.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:51 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,403,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
You are correct here. Minneapolis want to be one of the first cities of its age/size to abolish the single family home zoning standard that covers so much of the city. Old mill homes to be completely renovated
(or demolished), and multi unit homes/apartments replace them for the win!

The ever so progressive residents that now live in Minneapolis love that idea. Until it happens near them.
Powderhorn Park, I'm looking at you...
Powderhorn Park is already lower income and mainly renters. They aren’t the ones who are pushing back on the 2040 plan. It is the wealthy neighborhoods around the lakes who are getting their fine silk undies in a bunch.

I do find it ironic that it is the people who consider themselves small government libertarians who are scoffing at a city removing zoning restrictions.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:56 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,571,990 times
A city of tryhards. They really used to fancy themselves a cultured bunch, but BLM took care of that for them. Now they are just tryhard anarchists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies