Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 06:00 PM

929 posts, read 304,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Because if they didn't, there were thousands behind her ready to storm the nation's capitol in a murderous rage and the elected leadership was not yet secure.

Anyone who kicks their way through a window in the Capitol building while cops are pushing back should have some idea they're about to be shot.

If they didn't know that then, the survivors know it now.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t see Ashley “ kick their way through a window”
It appears others are doing that. And looking down the hallway, it is nearly empty before she attempts to crawl through.
Additionally, after she is shot, on the floor dying, a highly armed tactical officer appears from behind her, and gives a “ thumbs up” to an individual near the attempted break through point.

Lot’s of other issues. Many good reasons for a Lawsuit.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:06 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,083,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Cite evidence she forced entry and destroyed things.

do you realize you just signed death warrants for thousands of BLMantiFA goons?
Here's a picture of the forced entry into the capital: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...2R0oA&usqp=CAU
"Ashli Babbitt was killed by Capitol Police as she tried to climb through a broken window into the Speaker's Lobby during the far-right insurrection on January 6th, 2021."

Gee climbing through a broken window during an insurrection how could she have have been seen as an innocent bystander...

As for your second line that makes no sense unless the radical right that violated the capital are now going out to kill innocent people like other hate groups of the past...

Old 04-26-2021, 06:55 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Because if they didn't, there were thousands behind her ready to storm the nation's capitol in a murderous rage and the elected leadership was not yet secure.
'storming' unarmed?

Old 04-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,615 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'storming' unarmed?
She was unarmed. The angry mobs behind her weren't. This was a battle at the Capitol, and she was a casualty of that battle to save the lives of our national leaders. A purposeful combatant, who died on the battlefield.

All you have to do is dredge up her video she took of herself, driving to the capitol to wage war, to see she wasn't a peaceful attendee of a speech, who was interested in witnessing other venues of that event.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:04 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

At any rate, the cop shooting this illegal intruder won't face charges, and that's the big victory.

I thought that's what the right wanted? Cops not to face charges for doing the jobs they're hired to do?

This one seems especially clear-cut. This cop was defending the National Capitol and our elected leaders against a rioting mob bent on making sure - at all cost - that an ousted leader be reinstated against the will of the voters, and the constitution.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:13 PM

929 posts, read 304,042 times
“ no one is above the Law”

Unless the Democrats say so. No FOI requests or investigations allowed of the Capitol Police.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:13 PM

17,788 posts, read 13,677,875 times
Right wingers only care because she was a right winger. Nothing else matters.

If it was antifa or BLM attacking the capitol in the exact same scenario they would be firmly on the side of the cop who did the shooting.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:22 PM

23,527 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
She was unarmed. The angry mobs behind her weren't. This was a battle at the Capitol, and she was a casualty of that battle to save the lives of our national leaders. A purposeful combatant, who died on the battlefield.

All you have to do is dredge up her video she took of herself, driving to the capitol to wage war, to see she wasn't a peaceful attendee of a speech, who was interested in witnessing other venues of that event.
What weapons were the angry mobs behind her carrying into the Capitol, which were illegal to carry into that building?

Old 04-26-2021, 07:22 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

If it was antifa or BLM attacking the capitol in the exact same scenario they would be firmly on the side of the cop who did the shooting.
So true.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies