Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 08:17 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,210,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I'm a conservative and a Republican, and as I said in another thread recently, I don't blame the cop that shot her under those circumstances. She was breaking into a place/room where she was clearly not supposed to be. There was a big crowd behind her. Some may call them a mob.

The cop had every right to be afraid for his own life and also for the lives of others in the rooms beyond that point. For those reasons, it was a justified shooting.

But before all you leftists, BLM, and Antifa supporters start jumping with joy, I'm going to apply the same logic to the crap that they pull. When they start breaking out windows, firebombing, and looting stores, smashing car windows with people inside, then I think that the innocent people inside have the right to protect their lives and their property with firearms if necessary. In fact, if we had seen some of this in the riots that have been happening in the past several months, I contend there wouldn't have been nearly the amount of burning, looting, battery, and killing as what we've had.

I'm consistent in my views and believe that people have a right to be safe physically and to protect their property against destruction, fire, and theft. And this applies regardless what color you are, how you worship, how you vote, or where you're from.
I completely agree. I was thinking how to respnd to this and you put it very well. If you are going to break in to places, riot , etc. there is a risk that you are going to meet with law enforcement wielding deadly force. Did I wish it on her? No. Did I wish it one any of the others injuredd that day? No. Do I think those responding to break ins in Portland federal facilities or other riot/quasi- riot situations are wrong in using potentailly lethal force? No. People need to understand the difference between peaceful protesting and rioting, goes for both parties. And the less known parties. And those who aren't in a party, like Antifa. Please, everybody, just stand down.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:17 PM

736 posts, read 455,916 times
The Trumpers said they were willing to die for their cause. The cops made her dream come true. The family should be giving the cop who shot her a reward.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:23 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's just projection. I haven't seen many right wingers support shooting of an unarmed female in the middle of the day regardless of the victim's race or politics and then oppose this shooting. Right wingers either condemn or support both cases.
Then you should agree that police took the necessary steps to stop her because she didn't comply when told to stop.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:30 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Had she protested her discontent outside the building like so many did, she would be alive today.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:45 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But why did she insist on pushing forward when the cops were pushing people away?
You really need to view the video before commenting. When you do you will see many Capitol Police on the same side of the door as the crowd.

They were in no danger. Far from pushing the crowd back, they were casually leaving the area, even getting pats on the back on their way down the stairs.

The video is really easy to find if you are actually interested.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:47 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemson34 View Post
She was a far right wing terrorist that infiltrated the Capitol. On top of that, after the goons smashed through windows to a highly restricted area, she got a single shot to hell from a secret service agent.
I wish the national guard was sent in to show them the 2nd amendment in full force, but lengthy prison sentences are awaiting the rest.
I wonder why the police who were right next to her had such a different assessment of the threat.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:51 PM

1,173 posts, read 550,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But why did she insist on pushing forward when the cops were pushing people away?
Is that resisting arrest to the liberal?

Old 04-26-2021, 08:54 PM

4,510 posts, read 4,041,625 times
Maybe time for a golden casket and 3 funeral full USA tour?

Old 04-26-2021, 09:06 PM

23,504 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemson34 View Post
Whoops.

"We immediately offered support to the District of Columbia, which submitted a direct request for law enforcement support through the emergency management assistance compact," Hogan said, authorizing 200 Maryland State Troopers and the state's National Guard unit to be sent to D.C.
But under federal law, final authorization for National Guard troops to be sent across the border to federal land, such as the Capitol grounds, is controlled by the Secretary of Defense, not D.C.'s mayor, and Hogan said his requests were denied.
"I was ready, willing and able to immediately deploy [National Guard] to the Capitol, however we were repeatedly denied approval to do so," Hogan said.

Donnie and the far right wanted a bloodbath, and Pence hanging from that makeshift noose. Thank god that never happened,...

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...e-d3f504d7e53f
The Capitol police are under Pelosi...chain of command.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:13 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
What weapons were the angry mobs behind her carrying into the Capitol, which were illegal to carry into that building?
Some of the weapons that were confiscated had been seen being used inside the US Capitol including a baseball bat, a fire extinguisher, a wooden club, a spear, crutches, a flagpole, bear spray, mace, chemical irritants, stolen police shields, a wooden beam, a hockey stick, a stun gun, and knives.
Here are the weapons Trump supporters brought to DC on the day of the Capitol attack - CNNPolitics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies