Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 12:24 PM

717 posts, read 761,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But why did she insist on pushing forward when the cops were pushing people away?
Did you see all the rioters in the BLM protests pushing against the cops, did anyone get shot for that like Babbitt did?

Old 04-27-2021, 02:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
It’s a shame that the clarity of their uniforms aren’t extended to their behavior and actions. I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation. They can’t be investigated. Their communications, actions, and deeds can not be petitioned for exposure by the people under the FOI Act. 6 suspended , over 30 were put under Investigation. And the people hear nothing.

Congress has granted them special status . The very people that are paid to protect Congress are protected from the people outside the barbed wire and reinforced fencing of their sacred zone, and from Constitutionally mandated rights of the individual.

There’s your “ secret police” . No answers, no consideration for the Rights of the Citizen. Congress has stripped the Constitutional Rights of Ashley Babbit, and all other Americans that may have similar situations involving contact with the Capitol Police. By their vote , and their vote only, they have circumvented and trashed the Constitution.

You are entitled to your opinion regarding her “ disgrace “ if so perceived. But a wise individual would wait to see and hear all the evidence , and apply weight to the entire circumstances accordingly. What the real “disgrace” are is the Rights of a Veteran, one who served her country, and was placed in harms way , and she, her family, and the people can not be heard.
She placed herself in harm's way as she had no business being there.

Old 04-27-2021, 02:53 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
I thought the capitol riot was a false flag and nobody there was a real Trump supporter, just antifa in disguise. So shouldn't the Trumpers be glad a dirty leftist was killed?

Old 04-27-2021, 02:56 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
She came at the officer at a time when he feared for his life. Split decision......sad.......

Not sure people should be storming the Capitol and not expecting their life to be in danger.
Can I assume you'd agree that the federal officers under siege for months in Portland should open fire on their attackers?

Old 04-27-2021, 03:01 PM

23,634 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
These legal cases and prosecutions will be going on for months. Maybe years. Tons of evidence will be presented. A lot of the "patriots" will be looking at hard time on a variety of charges. Stay tuned.
so, in other words, no charges . got it

Old 04-27-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No. I'm saying that's what others seem to think when someone doesn't comply with LE orders.

I think she thought, bizarrely, that a COP with a gun pointed at her and telling her to stop wouldn't result in her being shot. Wrong gamble. That man was there to protect the lawmakers he was hired to protect, and it's likely he saved countless lives by stopping her.
What did that cop say to her?

From what I'd read he didn't say a word, he just shot. but hey, if you have information about him giving orders to her then please share.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
If her family wanted to help her, they should have done so BEFORE she stormed the Capitol. If anyone needed help, it was this misguided woman. Anything they are doing now is only for their self interest to see if they can get a few bucks out of someone, not for her.
Did you say the same for Floyd's , Brown's, etc., families? please link where you'd said that on here about them.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:15 PM

2,070 posts, read 893,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
Did you see all the rioters in the BLM protests pushing against the cops, did anyone get shot for that like Babbitt did?

I don't think you've seen any BLM protesters pushing against law enforcement to gain access to a barricaded area that was protecting our elected officials & their aides, like ms.babbit did? Bringing what she referred to in her enthusiastic march to the capitol, as a mob & guessed it to be an est. 3 million behind her?

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/07/ashli...-fatally-shot/

She was trancing under trumpnosis, & giddy she had just attended an hour long "speech" & probably believed he was actually going to be there w/them @ the capitol, like he said.

I'll be interested in hearing her attorney's argument.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:17 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
It’s a shame that the clarity of their uniforms aren’t extended to their behavior and actions. I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation. They can’t be investigated. Their communications, actions, and deeds can not be petitioned for exposure by the people under the FOI Act. 6 suspended , over 30 were put under Investigation. And the people hear nothing.

Congress has granted them special status . The very people that are paid to protect Congress are protected from the people outside the barbed wire and reinforced fencing of their sacred zone, and from Constitutionally mandated rights of the individual.

There’s your “ secret police” . No answers, no consideration for the Rights of the Citizen. Congress has stripped the Constitutional Rights of Ashley Babbit, and all other Americans that may have similar situations involving contact with the Capitol Police. By their vote , and their vote only, they have circumvented and trashed the Constitution.

You are entitled to your opinion regarding her “ disgrace “ if so perceived. But a wise individual would wait to see and hear all the evidence , and apply weight to the entire circumstances accordingly. What the real “disgrace” are is the Rights of a Veteran, one who served her country, and was placed in harms way , and she, her family, and the people can not be heard.
I don't need to wait to see that she was involved with a mob that was forcibly breaking into the US capital and their is no justification for the mob that committed this insurrection, treason, attack pick whatever word you like. She was placed in harms way by her own choices and no one has said her family can't be heard but grounds to sue, spare me. Of course when a person of color gets shot in the back at a traffic stop because they don't comply fast enough with law enforcement well that's their fault they must be up to no good...

Old 04-27-2021, 03:22 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Maybe to quote Democrats the capital police should have “shot her in the leg” to stop her or used a taser instead of a gun
Didn't nutcase Biden say that?

Yup, he said they should have shot in the leg and not the heart.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/biden-sugg...201750470.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies