Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 09:50 AM

47,031 posts, read 26,139,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Presumably, the US applicants may not have been as skilled or perhaps lacked the temperament for this kind of work.
That sounds like a euphemism, honestly.

Quote:
Appearance also matters.
Getting a distinct vibe of "pretty young central European women who know they'll be on a plane back to Romania if they complain about guests being handsy", here.

See, this is the great thing about H2B visas: They can't just find a better job. If they're trouble, just fire them, the USCIS will have them expedited back to their home country, and good luck running a lawsuit from your flat in Bucharest, right? After all, the Mar-A-Lago lead counsel makes more in a day than they do in a season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 10:09 AM

15,084 posts, read 10,159,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The toddlers no longer can lick the light plugs sockets. Or open the door and run down the hall.
Too much drama in this statement which doesn't make a point...

You know very well that the vast majority of the children under the care of these individuals are not washing poop in a food prep sink, licking light sockets, etc...

Old 04-30-2021, 10:49 AM

24,068 posts, read 15,185,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You mean their Social Security benefit?

When DH had a real job, he was a soothsayer for a Fortune 100 company. A question regarding Social Security came up so his tub mates did the real math using DHs and all his employers payments. Had he and his employer invested all that SS money into very stable funds, upon retirement it would be throwing off more income than it pays every month.

Those our parents age got back way more than they paid. Those our kids ages will never see what they paid in.

But there is that unemployment insurance thing.

Wish DH had those math wizards to calculate the underground economy. I'm thinking it is way more than anybody wants to talk about.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:54 AM

24,068 posts, read 15,185,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Too much drama in this statement which doesn't make a point...

You know very well that the vast majority of the children under the care of these individuals are not washing poop in a food prep sink, licking light sockets, etc...

The question was about did the regulations change anything.

You might be surprised. What's the percentage people you see washing their hands win a public restroom? I'm informed by the males in my family the only people they ever see washing hands in a mens room are their relatives.

I did once have to tell the paid kitchen staff preparing a church supper for 250 people to stop washing sand greens in a sink they had just washed 100 pounds of raw chicken in

Old 04-30-2021, 08:43 PM

6,175 posts, read 4,651,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its disturbing that is even a question.
Replace "government" with "La Cosa Nostra" and maybe you'll see where I'm coming from
Really? Because I thought it was a good question to see what revenue sources are proposed in lieu of taxes to provide services that people demand (defense, roads, utilities, schools, social security, etc.).

And anyway, my question was in reference to a post by No_Recess (#33), so I think you're getting me confused with someone else. It would be good to hear No_Recess explain what they had in mind and then determine if it's a good idea or a terrible idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies