Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 04:58 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're way off base here and it's because of your biased liberal views.
They're not really Liberals, at least not in the way of Jimmy Carter or even Bill Clinton. More like in the way of FDR, on one hand forcing more Government on the people, and the other hand sending Japanese Americans into Summer camps

Old 04-30-2021, 05:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The left consider all whites racist, it's just a matter of which ones acknowledge it and which ones demonstrate white fragility by denying it.

It is a victory for the woke mob when a white person posts on social media how they hate white people. Then they know they got another one for the hive.
The problem is too many conservatives are speaking for the liberals and too many liberals are speaking for the conservatives. Both are often off base from reality.

Old 04-30-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If the definition you give of white supemacist represents what's on Stormfront, I don't know how you compare it to PAOC.

Very few posters I've read here, if any, present the view "that white people constitute a superior race and should therefore dominate society, typically to the exclusion or detriment of other racial and ethnic groups." If you know people irl who hold that viewpoint, too bad for you.
Pretty much You disagree with someone who is a Democrat in the last 10 years, you don't put a little black box on your Twitter page, or a rainbow flag, and "you are no longer a neutral party", You are "Right Wing Enabler". This is what is insane.

Old 04-30-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If the definition you give of white supemacist represents what's on Stormfront, I don't know how you compare it to PAOC.

Very few posters I've read here, if any, present the view "that white people constitute a superior race and should therefore dominate society, typically to the exclusion or detriment of other racial and ethnic groups." If you know people irl who hold that viewpoint, too bad for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The problem is too many conservatives are speaking for the liberals and too many liberals are speaking for the conservatives. Both are often off base from reality.
The problem is who knows what people who call themselves Democrats are going to believe in next, there ideas of what a Democrat is, is in a constant state of flux and changes daily. The Police are Pillars of society one day, and evil the next? There's probably 4 or 5 types of Republicans. Probably a hundred different types of Dems.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:00 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
What do left-wing people really have to talk about now? Rant about Trump, or the coronavirus? Even the most broken broken records have to be tired of those two subjects. There are no other Republican politicians doing much right now. Climate change is beyond played out. That just leaves accusing people of racism/homophobia/whatever, but there haven't been any major stories about that recently. Of course that doesn't stop some people, like the ol' OP here, who's just making vague accusations.
Well, that’s lefties, I guess. There’s a lot more nuance which I see in poor proportion here to those which I work with and deal with on a day to day basis. Most people don’t think in black-and-white like that. It’s a weird environment here.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I haven't run into any 'white supremacists' here. Sometimes there are trolls but they cover all the bases.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:12 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I haven't run into any 'white supremacists' here. Sometimes there are trolls but they cover all the bases.
I’ve seen a few basically float the idea of racially-based nations being the new norm. Maybe that’s not white supremacist per se, but...white or not, that seems like a dreadful idea.

So while I see some smattering of white supremacy here and there, it’s mostly what I think are fairly insular Americans who don’t cotton to Thair restaurants or Spanish in their instruction manuals. Most of what I see here is less racial than it is some sort of insularity and a lack of imagination or wonder for the world. Somehow the US is the only wonderful place on this planet.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:16 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Well, that’s lefties, I guess. There’s a lot more nuance which I see in poor proportion here to those which I work with and deal with on a day to day basis. Most people don’t think in black-and-white like that. It’s a weird environment here.
Most people don't write things in "Politics and Other Controversies" websites, either. A place like this is going to attract people who have strong opinions about those things.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:40 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
What you are really "disappointed" with is that City Data is one of the few social media platforms that still allows the free exchange of viewpoints and opinions.

The moderators here do an absolutely excellent job of ensuring that these forms of debate are kept respectful. If things cross the line of civility, they are quick to intervene, eradicate offenders, and close thread when needed.

I have been a member here for almost 15 years. I have gone from a liberal (and outspoken supporter of Barack Obama in 2008) to someone with more conservative and in the last few years, right wing viewpoints and leanings.

Through it all, I have always been allowed to speak.

If you want a forum that is dedicated to supporting the liberal narrative, but censoring and demonizing those that disagree with it, there are plenty of those out there for you.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:43 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What's reality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies