Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 02:18 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I cannot find the video, but it shows a black security guard dealing with a few black suspects, two of which are women with little kids. They keep mouthing off in front of their kids, and just when it seems like they were done, they start up again being even more aggressive. Other black people standing around get involved as well.
This pattern keeps repeating itself until things escalate into a physical confrontation.

Some psychologist said there is something within black culture/people that causes this behavior. Thus even if a white, yellow or brown person is upset or initially rude to police, they can be reasoned with, and are more likely to calm down.
While that is true of some black folks as well, it seems not as prevalent. So he termed the behavior, but I cannot recall what he classified it as.

When you watch this video, see how the driver has a racial chip on this shoulder, and no amount of reasoning by the cop works. The cop was polite, respectful and practically pleaded with the guy for 6 minutes to just cooperate.
The guy eventually gets shot over a seat belt infraction, because he refused to use common sense and calm down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cqGk9CfW6g

`

Needless to say, he didn't follow Chris Rock's public service video.

`
I was only 2 minutes into it and already see it escalating. If the black guy would have kept his mouth shut and cooperated this would have been over in 5 minutes and everyone would have gone home. The cop was polite. And using the F word every other word didn't help. Shot over a seatbelt violation.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I believe you may be thinking about this incident back in 2015 or so at an Atlanta mall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7hFxcy40vk

The psychologist is likely correct, but I'll say due to your paraphrasing, he/she was most likely referring to certain sub cultures within black culture, but not black culture as a whole.

The video above shows the security guard interacting with two women, then eventually a man who calls the children "his babies".
I recall the black guard described them as a "hood rat and his heffas", which is a descriptor of their culture, not their race (which the guard shares with them).

Can you imagine somebody like Dr. Ben Carson behaving like those two women and the "baby daddy"?

Neither can I.

It is about culture, not race.
I agree and said this all along. It is the ghetto dwellers that are the problem, not middle and upper-class blacks.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I believe you may be thinking about this incident back in 2015 or so at an Atlanta mall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7hFxcy40vk

The psychologist is likely correct, but I'll say due to your paraphrasing, he/she was most likely referring to certain sub cultures within black culture, but not black culture as a whole.

The video above shows the security guard interacting with two women, then eventually a man who calls the children "his babies".
I recall the black guard described them as a "hood rat and his heffas", which is a descriptor of their culture, not their race (which the guard shares with them).

Can you imagine somebody like Dr. Ben Carson behaving like those two women and the "baby daddy"?

Neither can I.

It is about culture, not race.
Good God and they reproduce and their cash cows will carry on their behaviour, they should be sterilized.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:29 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
you can't blame a whole race of people just for what one dumbass did..you're reaching too far now..
A lot of people seem to blame ALL police for the actions of a dumb ass cop. Pots meet kettles.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
When police abuse African American communities of course there will be more resistance to them.
Please list how often that happens and be specific.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
The problem with this, is that we have real life murderers, rapists, pedos, and dangers to our society, and they're out here wasting everybody's time and money hunting down and killing people for not wearing a seat belt.

Get freaking real.
Did you ever hear of traffic patrol? He was in violation of the law and called on it.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:34 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Could you show us the statistics concerning the number of whites shot by the police? And could you then compare that to the number of blacks shot by the police? Once you do that, would it change your stance?

Answer: of course not. Because your stance is not based on reality, thus no amount of reality will change your stance.
Pretty much.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:48 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
zoo.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:50 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Beyond the emotional explanations, there’s a practical one. Black people are stopped, questioned and harassed ten/handed times more often than white people. We hear only about the shootings, killings or severely injured suspects by police. But that is only a small number of incidents compared to the endless stops that do not end in violence. If you are a black person living in a predominantly black neighborhood you’d be stopped (randomly) many times. As a white men, I think that after being stopped endless times, I’d be very inpatient about another interaction with police. Last week at a roadblock police stopped me. It was a calm and polite interaction. But later I asked myself: what if that was the tenth (or the fiftieth) stop since the beginning of the year? I guess I’d probably react differently. That is the background people ignore when discussing these incidents.

I lived in other countries and policing in the US is different. In America police not only enforce the law, but assume a pro active role. They go into neighborhoods and randomly stop cars and people. Even without specific intelligence or part of an ongoing investigation. When I go fishing, I cast my line without really knowing what fish will bite (if at all). Police does the same (part of zero tolerance attitude) but that comes at a price.
Maybe blacks are stopped and questioned more than whites because the police get more calls to black neighborhoods for crimes that have been committed, so if the cops are already in the neighborhood they are bound to see more traffic violations and other reasons to pull people over.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:51 PM

From a Black man.....

"Well, it happens. About once every six years (or so), I get stopped by a police officer. This time I was in a hurry to get somewhere, and I didn’t come to a complete stop at a stop sign in my neighborhood.
As to the cultural narrative, I’d say the following: No, I wasn’t afraid. No, I didn’t fear for my life. No, my ethnicity and his were irrelevant to what was happening. Yes, the officer was respectful. Yes, he did his job. Yes, he looked for ways to be cordial.
Beyond the “black guy, white cop” narrative, this was the kind of respectful exchange I’ve come to expect whenever I interact with officers. I’ve been black my whole life, and I’ve run into officers of all kinds. Some officers are friendly (like this one), and others are not so nice. Regardless, I’m always respectful. Even though I did receive a ticket on this occasion (I was in the wrong), I thanked the officer for his service and the respectful exchange.
He was a bit surprised when I asked for the pic. I told him that I wanted to use it to dispel the standard narrative. This image won’t go near as far as a negative story. However, I thought to post it anyway".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies