Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 03:53 PM

78,447 posts, read 60,652,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post

This is another mislabeled post to stir up the right wing pearl clutchers. The student wasn't berated. The teacher gave her truthful opinion. She answered the student's question. The student wanted to argue the case further so the teacher ended the class. Given all the recent news of police escalating situations, being trigger happy, being incompetent, the teacher's opinion was perfectly rational.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex2gl3VvXfQ&t=175s

Here is her own actual words.

"it stems from people in the south wanting to capture run-away slaves"

That is not a "truthful opinion".

But by all means, I'm all about hearing you explain that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 03:54 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I wouldnt call police in an emergency either! I would deal with it on my own, I feel confident that Im capable of that, if Im wrong, so be it...I would accept that too.
It’s sad that the democrats and the leftist media have you so worked up and afraid. They have brainwashed you into thinking police shoot first and ask questions later. There were only 13, yes 13 unarmed black men killed in all of 2019. Out of the millions of encounters each year very very few end in violence. I’d not know where you live, but if you aren’t in a ghetto, the data says the majority of officers will never fire their weapon while on duty. Only about 27% across the nation report having fired their weapon.

Old 05-02-2021, 04:02 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,964,873 times
Listen to the whole three minutes instead of picking one statement out of context. Are you saying police in the south during slavery didn't capture run away slaves? She thanked the student for his comments and he thanked her at the end of the conversation. Their actual words. How is that berating the sudent? But by all means, I'm all about hearing you explain that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Old 05-02-2021, 04:20 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

But by all means, I'm all about hearing you explain that one.
That young man is impressive "Free speech used to be a Liberal agenda". Which is now Shout you down and cancel anyone who doesn't adhere to your agenda.

Old 05-02-2021, 04:31 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: Berated student says woke divisiveness must be exposed

Response: Opinion

What is even harder to believe is that the indoctrination has started in pre-school.
Children in some schools are instructed not to call their parents Mother of Father
but rather by their first names....................bunch of sick animals..................
They can only get by with it if the parents allow it.

Old 05-02-2021, 04:33 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Correct. On point!

Usually college allows varying views to be discussed. Both sides spoke. It ended with a student twisting it to fit his bias opinion.
But the teacher said she wouldn’t call the police in a emergency situation, so why not answer the students question? I’m curious what her answer would be

Old 05-02-2021, 04:36 PM

6,678 posts, read 2,981,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
But the teacher said she wouldn’t call the police in a emergency situation, so why not answer the students question? I’m curious what her answer would be
Like ,.she is afraid the Cop would mistake her for a Runaway slave and try to take her in or something?

Sry,..wasn't following everything,....

Old 05-02-2021, 05:32 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Like ,.she is afraid the Cop would mistake her for a Runaway slave and try to take her in or something?

Sry,..wasn't following everything,....
So in your scenario slavery still legal? Figures huh?

Old 05-02-2021, 05:34 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
If an intruder came into her home? Puh-leaze. This bullcrapper would probably call the cops if kids lit off firecrackers in front of her house, like the left-wing yuppie transplants here in Pittsburgh do.

Old 05-02-2021, 05:43 PM

6,678 posts, read 2,981,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
So in your scenario slavery still legal? Figures huh?
that's what you got from that? Not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies