Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 09:48 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times

Advertisements

I am glad I had never wasted money and time in college.
I worked for my dad for the time I was a kid and we made a good living.
I got more education from working than most kids I knew growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 10:28 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,964,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I am glad I had never wasted money and time in college.
I worked for my dad for the time I was a kid and we made a good living.
I got more education from working than most kids I knew growing up.
My wife never went to college either. She didn't miss it. She enjoyed working as a legal secretary. I didn't have a family business to hire me so I did go. The diploma opened up job interviews so I was able to make a good living too.

The whole scenario of liberal teachers brainwashing students is absurd to anyone who has been there. I started at UC Berkeley in 1963, dropped out mid term, then went to UCLA from '64 to '68. Most of my friends who were liberals in the 60's due to the war became capitalist conservatives later on. They just saw it as being in their self interest. Most of my friends now were Trump supporters. Some like me stayed liberal. The whole extent of our lifetime radicalism was to vote the Democratic ticket. My first vote was for Bobby Kennedy in the '68 California primary. I voted for Nixon in '72 because he said he would stop the war. I would have voted for Perot but he changed his platform. I voted for Ralph Nader. Other than that it's always been Democrat.

Students always were more interested in their personal lives, dating, partying, working, sports for a few, and getting the grades to stay in college, than they were in the curriculum or what the professors had to say. 99% of students learned enough to pass the course and then forgot everything as they geared up for the next batch of courses. The only goal was to graduate and then get a job.

Last edited by bobspez; 05-03-2021 at 10:45 AM..

Old 05-03-2021, 12:15 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Who is the WOKE one in this scenario?
The professor is clearly lying and full of it. Some people are, nothing new. Student runs to the media to report it? Really, isn't this just a Conservative "Woke" Moment in response to a Professor WOKE moment?

Isn't this just a Clash of Wokeness?

They have both made themselves out as idiots in my book.
So...according to you, the student should have kept his mouth shut and not challenged any of the BS the instructor was spewing?

The student did the right thing by challenging the instructor. When she had no response to his last question, she did the cowardly thing and abruptly shut down the class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies