Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 01:06 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Well...then...excellent! Now there is no excuse for anyone, anywhere for not having valid ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 01:09 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyDoesIt View Post
Yes, such as passing policies to make it easier to do so.
Glad we agree.

I don’t care if grandpa walked to the voting booth in the snow up hill both ways. Im not grandpa, and I live in 2021.
So you are saying that grandpa was more determined, not as lazy and had more gumption. I agree with that.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
It’s called applying your logic to another situation to see how you feel about it.

Inventions and ideas to make a task quicker and more efficient. For whatever reason voting is exempt.

Anyone who lives 20 or more miles away from the nearest grocery store knows what needs to be done. They either have a car or hire a transport service to get them to the store.

Again, doing the right thing isn't always the easiest thing.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Make getting an ID easy and free.

As for waiting in line, not everyone has time for that. If you want that, make it a holiday.

Add more voting booths. Add more locations to get voter ID.

Me personally, it felt good just signing the ballot, and dropping it in the mailbox and enjoying the rest of my day.
Worked full time all my life and still made time to vote.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:11 PM

18,460 posts, read 8,292,857 times
you know....if the same percentage of people are so stupid....across the board

..and libs are complaining because it disenfranchises blacks

there are a hell of a lot more white people disenfranchised than blacks...blacks are only ~13%

Old 05-08-2021, 01:14 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Of course is it reasonable to ensure fair elections.

Most people use their drivers license for their primary ID and of course a drivers license does come with an attached fee so why not make up another ID for people that due to age, economic or location situation etc.. do not drive so they can use it to vote?
When someone goes to buy a fancy phone how do they get signed up for the contract without an ID?

It would not be that difficult to get everyone that wants one a Voter ID by the time 2024 rolls around.

It is so basic.

Biden is spending Trillions on "infrastructure" and I think it is important to know who everyone is especially when voting.
I Agree.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Make getting an ID easy and free.

As for waiting in line, not everyone has time for that. If you want that, make it a holiday.

Add more voting booths. Add more locations to get voter ID.

Me personally, it felt good just signing the ballot, and dropping it in the mailbox and enjoying the rest of my day.
1) Then make the time to wait in line. I worked for companies that allowed for coming in late because you voted early in the morning or allowed for you to leave early to make to the polls. If voting is important to you, then do what needs to be done to do it. No one should expect hand-holding and pampering in order to vote.

2) Add more voting booths. It's not like polling places have unlimited space. Also, more booths means more poll workers. Some places just don't have enough of those workers.

3) Since you have time on your hands on election day, sign up to be a poll worker, even if you have to go to another state to do the job.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Awesome. Too bad others don’t have the same exact life as you.

Me, Id put a voting box at a pub. One free drink for your ballot being dropped. Your Uber is free too.
Wow! Make time to drink at a pub and not take that money and spend it on a Uber. As for my life, it is putting responsibility ahead of wants, maybe it was being raised a by parents who lived during the Great Depression.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Awesome. Too bad others don’t have the same exact life as you.

Me, Id put a voting box at a pub. One free drink for your ballot being dropped. Your Uber is free too.
Who is going to pay for all of that? Who is going to watch the ballot box in a crowded bar filled with inebriated people? Who is going to pay for the Uber ride? Not only that but be sure that there are enough willing Uber drivers to do that job? Have you ever worked for Uber or known anyone who does? I'm guessing the answer to both questions is a "no". When someone gets in touch with Uber and needs a ride, Uber texts drivers in the area. The drivers who are willing to do that pickup will respond to the text. The others who don't want to pick up that ride, ignore the text. Many Uber drivers are unwilling to pick up those coming out of bars. There are many valid reasons why that is. If you think about it, I'm sure you'll figure those reasons out.

Besides, what about non-drinkers? They're not about to go to any bar.

If anyone has time to hang out in a bar on election day, they have time to go to the polls. Bribing someone with a drink in exchange for their vote reeks of the days of Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall.

ETA: Just saw where you claimed you were just "joking". Nothing in your post indicated that. So...I'm not convinced.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
So you are saying that grandpa was more determined, not as lazy and had more gumption. I agree with that.
^^^^I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Worked full time all my life and still made time to vote.
^^^^Yup. In my working days, I still made it to the polls. When my daughter was a baby, I took her to the polling place with me. As she got older, I still took her. I wanted her to see how voting was done so when it was her time to vote, she knew just what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies