Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 05:24 PM

10,108 posts, read 7,778,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
My 88 year old mother no longer has a valid ID. She doesn't drive and can barely use her phone to dial a number anymore, so she would need assistance and make a special effort to obtain new ID. To date, she has never once missed voting and is proud of that fact, but if the GOP doesn't care about her vote anymore, so be it.

A few weeks ago, when I was standing in line to get vaccinated, the elderly man in front of me did not have any ID. They took him aside, so I'm not sure how they handled it, or if he was able to get vaccinated.

The GOP is hurting their own party by making it harder to vote, but they seemed determined.
Can you, a neighbor, friend other child drive your mom to the DMV? Did she get vaccinated? Biden is saying there is NO excuse not to get vaccinated. And since you need an ID to be vaccinated, you'll need one to vote. If your mom really wants to vote and be vaccinated, then someone needs to drive her to get an ID and drive her to get vaccinated.

Surely someone can drive your mom to where she needs to go. Get a friend to drive with her in an UBer. Does your 88 year old mom live alone with no family, friends or help?

I wonder how that guy you saw in line to be vaccinated got to the place to get the shot. However he got there, he needs to get to the DMV also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 09:43 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Can you, a neighbor, friend other child drive your mom to the DMV? Did she get vaccinated? Biden is saying there is NO excuse not to get vaccinated. And since you need an ID to be vaccinated, you'll need one to vote. If your mom really wants to vote and be vaccinated, then someone needs to drive her to get an ID and drive her to get vaccinated.

Surely someone can drive your mom to where she needs to go. Get a friend to drive with her in an UBer. Does your 88 year old mom live alone with no family, friends or help?

I wonder how that guy you saw in line to be vaccinated got to the place to get the shot. However he got there, he needs to get to the DMV also.
Thank you for your concern. My mother lives alone and for the most part is in stable condition (knock on wood) but has gotten paranoid and onery in her old age. She is not friendly with the neighbors. She believes that all Uber drivers are drug addicts and criminals so Uber is not an option. I live thousands of miles away. I pay a service to visit her twice a week to check on her and to accompany her to her medical appointments but half of the time she won't unlock the door for them and yells at them to go away. No she isn't vaccinated either, as she listens to right-wing "news" sources and is suspicious of it. In my opinion, she shouldn't be living alone at this point, but she refuses to leave her home and she still has the cognitive ability to make that decision for herself, according to her doctors.

Regarding the older man that I saw in line in front of me wanting to be vaccinated; he was initially accompanied by someone (perhaps a friend, relative, or volunteer), who was explaining to the official on the man's behalf that he had no ID. I overheard the official asking if there was anything at all for ID, a library card or a store discount card, anything? It appeared that the man did not have anything, not even a wallet. The official told him "I'm not sure what we can do" and he led him away from the line, so now you know everything about it that I do. Interestingly enough, a few days later I saw that same old man walking down the street alone. I recognized him because he was wearing the same clothes and had the same hunched shoulders and gait.

Old 05-08-2021, 10:09 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Heck with id’s. Why don’t they let them into or give them their homes. They obviously deserve them because muh entitlement, reparations, etc...

Old 05-08-2021, 10:55 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyDoesIt View Post
Half and half. Bringing up issues that people talk about. Im predicting your gonna disagree, or gonna correct me.
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-li...OvWstnxwXYi3SM

Old 05-08-2021, 10:58 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
I have never shown an id to vote. I state my name, address and birth date and then I'm crossed off their list. Does anyone really think millions of unregistered voters have this kind of info about people and are able to change an election. Of course not. It's never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies