Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 01:30 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyDoesIt View Post
Hehe just joking. But implying that I don’t care how people vote. Just so long as they can without dumb obstacles being put in front.
Lol! Ok I do appreciate humor, I’m not against more polling sites, but still maintain that their needs to be voter ID
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^I agree

^^^^Yup. In my working days, I still made it to the polls. When my daughter was a baby, I took her to the polling place with me. As she got older, I still took her. I wanted her to see how voting was done so when it was her time to vote, she knew just what to do.
My daughter takes her girls to vote with her, they always gave them a I voted sticker. I remember going with my dad to vote for the very first time.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:32 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
lol I know, that was a joke.

But Im implying that voting should be something that can be done quick and without hassle for the people voting.
Why should it be easy? You don't seem to know that doing the right thing isn't always the easiest thing to do.

Yes, in times of light turn out, it's a quick procedure. During presidential election years, turnout is always heavy. That's because people haven't figured out that it's the local elections that determine what goes on during your day-to-day life. Thus they are very important elections. You are voting for people who determine things like raising property taxes and how much growth should be allowed, etc.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
My daughter takes her girls to vote with her, they always gave them a I voted sticker.
My daughter always loved getting one of those stickers

Old 05-08-2021, 01:37 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Hehe just joking. But implying that I don’t care how people vote. Just so long as they can without dumb obstacles being put in front.
You aren’t implying that an ID is an obstacle then, are you?

Old 05-08-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
If it’s quick and easy to get one. No problem with it.
Still no Id, no vote.

Old 05-08-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Of course, in situations that are usually out of people’s control.

But Im not voting to impress anyone. Making it harder to vote just so you can boast on how you waited in the snow is just... well... dumb.

Oh my stars! it isn’t that freaking hard! If one can’t produce a birth certificate, then they don’t vote period. If they lost theirs, call the county courthouse in the county where they were born, that’s what I did.

Old 05-08-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Fuse the ballot and id into one. Voting time comes, everyone is sent a ballot along with an ID application. Drop it off or sendit in. ID verified, and you now have an id for future votes.

Simple.
Mail in ballots and notarized. As I said, it isn’t that hard.

Old 05-08-2021, 02:17 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times
My 88 year old mother no longer has a valid ID. She doesn't drive and can barely use her phone to dial a number anymore, so she would need assistance and make a special effort to obtain new ID. To date, she has never once missed voting and is proud of that fact, but if the GOP doesn't care about her vote anymore, so be it.

A few weeks ago, when I was standing in line to get vaccinated, the elderly man in front of me did not have any ID. They took him aside, so I'm not sure how they handled it, or if he was able to get vaccinated.

The GOP is hurting their own party by making it harder to vote, but they seemed determined.

Old 05-08-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Of course, in situations that are usually out of people’s control.

But Im not voting to impress anyone. Making it harder to vote just so you can boast on how you waited in the snow is just... well... dumb.
Snow on election day is extremely rare around here. Even if it did snow that day, I would bundle up and go.

Why do you want to coddle people and make things so easy? Real life isn't like that. Time for them to put on their grown-up pants and deal with what life throws at them. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies