Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 07:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Is that what they said on the video? Or are you clearly injecting your own thoughts.
Or were they horrified someone was stupid enough to bring a dog to an abortion clinic?
They were horrified that someone would want to kill puppies.

I've searched for the video, and it appears it has been taken down. Shocker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 07:32 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This was actually a brilliantly thought out bill from a legal/court challenge perspective. There is no state enforcement officer as it creates a private right to sue in individuals, which means that there is nobody for abortionists like Planned Parenthood to sue to enjoin enforcement of the law. At least at this stage. Will the strategy work? We'll see, but it is pretty brilliant at least on paper.
At the very least, it will give the father the right to sue for damages in civil court for the intentionally committed wrongful death of his progeny. This is a huge win for men's (father's) rights.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:38 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Abortion by definition is murder.
Not by legal definition.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There is no government official to sue, which means Planned Parenthood, ACLU, etc, can't sue up front to stop the bill. It also means that anyone can sue any person or organization involved in an abortion. So, if your wife needs an abortion because the fetus will not survive birth, and you give her a ride to the doctor, your nosy neighbor can sue you, the doctor, the nurses, or anyone else.

But again sue the doctor for what exactly? Dont civil suits require proof of damages and by definition are not against criminal acts. Or are individuals, entities going to file criminal charges.
I'm very confused about how this would work in our court system.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
As long as the State of Texas pays for the welfare including health and education of every child, the parents can not afford, born there until they reach adulthood ..... go for it.
Dont forget the medical expenses and lost wages, compensation and job training if the vessel loses her job due to the pregnancy and birth.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
They were horrified that someone would want to kill puppies.

I've searched for the video, and it appears it has been taken down. Shocker.
I doubt that. Puppies are killed everyday. No one is horrified about it.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:54 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
But again sue the doctor for what exactly? Dont civil suits require proof of damages and by definition are not against criminal acts. Or are individuals, entities going to file criminal charges.
Not confusing at all. OJ won in criminal court, he was not convicted of murder, but lost in civil court when sued for damages for wrongful death.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:06 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
IDK, maybe the point is the risks of being sued by many groups will shut down any provider of the services. Just not worth the risk, lawsuit, Insurance costs to fight the lawsuits.

Several cases may have to go to court to decide but as a Doctor do you want to be the Test case? Do you risk losing your license over?

I see Clinics at the Blue Border states of TX like NM and CO getting real busy. Or people crossing the border.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:08 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Not sure where you are, but I have not in any way found your statement to be true.

YMMV depending on where you are located and who you interact with.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:11 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
They were shocked and horrified because .... Why would ANYONE kill baby puppies??? Puppies are so cute!!! They didn't understand the request. It was VERY clear that they thought it was absolutely horrible.

But human babies? Not so much. Meh, they don't matter. Next human! Your abortion is waiting!!!!!
Quote:
Is that what they said on the video? Or are you clearly injecting your own thoughts.
Or were they horrified someone was stupid enough to bring a dog to an abortion clinic?
Quote:
Only horrified at the ineffective and obnoxious stupidity to use a pregnant dog as a protest point. Dog pregnancy is in no way comparable to human pregnancies. PP employees should have said sure, give me the dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies