Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2021, 11:22 AM

36,535 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have to pull the data from several different reports pertaining to specific diseases/circumstances, not the Abortion Surveillance report which is just an overview and doesn't delve into the reasons for abortions.
Post a link to the CDC site that collects data on reasons for abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 11:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
And some women are too traumatized to do that. Period.
There’s nothing to be said for these women except that it is very sad and unfortunate, for what comes after the assault can be as distressing and life-changing as the assault itself.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:50 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Last night the DOJ filed for a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction against the Texas law.

My understanding is that would allow abortions past 6 weeks or fetal cardiac activity to continue until the court cases wind through to completion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...cid=uxbndlbing

Old 09-15-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Last night the DOJ filed for a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction against the Texas law.

My understanding is that would allow abortions past 6 weeks or fetal cardiac activity to continue until the court cases wind through to completion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...cid=uxbndlbing
That is good news.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That is good news.
Yes, hopefully they are successful.

Putting aside abortion rights, all the cases that will be filed to deal with the TX legislatures shenanigans are going to be fascinating for legal junkies.

Personally, I would like to see other action from the Feds to slap down TX infringement on the civil rights of women.

Feds could remove Federal civilian/military jobs from TX including all contractor related support.

In my fantasies, I would love to see them use the Coast Guard to airlift women from military bases or the rooftops of federal bldgs in TX to states where they can freely exercise their right to a legal abortion. Not holding my breath on that lol.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
In my fantasies, I would love to see them use the Coast Guard to airlift women from military bases or the rooftops of federal bldgs in TX to states where they can freely exercise their right to a legal abortion. Not holding my breath on that lol.
What an odd statement to make. I shouldn’t be surprised after your 200+ posts in this thread, yet I am. You seem to be a really big fan of abortion.

It’s really too bad that more women with your level of zest for this topic don’t have the same enthusiasm for supporting the use of birth control. Just imagine how many abortions could be avoided if women received the same passionate support for birth control as they do for abortion.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
What an odd statement to make. I shouldn’t be surprised after your 200+ posts in this thread, yet I am. You seem to be a really big fan of abortion.

It’s really too bad that more women with your level of zest for this topic don’t have the same enthusiasm for supporting the use of birth control. Just imagine how many abortions could be avoided if women received the same passionate support for birth control as they do for abortion.
What makes you think women don't have support for the use of BC. BC is totally legal in all states, easily assessible for the majority of women although I would like to see it free for every woman regardless of income and see more outreach for women in rural areas or who have transportation issues. I would also like to see more reproductive education in our public schools.

Mostly I would love for men to step up their game in pressuring PHARMA and states to push through the male BC pill and injections that have been studied for decades and have made it through clinical trials already
and be ready to use it instead of hiding behind the few side effects that women deal with when using BC. In addition to that if more men would be supportive of the women they impregnate fewer women would be seeking abortions. Just imagine how many abortions could be avoided if men committed to being fathers and husbands. Not wanting to be a single parent, which includes unstable and/or abusive relationship, is one the top three reason women choose to abort.

I'm not sure what you thing is wrong about wanting women to get help to get to a state where abortion is legal. Texas' neighboring states are already flooded with Texan women seeking abortions. That is not so easy for poorer women to do.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:

I am a fan of civil rights, especially those of women. I spent my entire career helping women improve their lives. I am not what you call a "fan of abortion" except for women who want them.

Biology is destiny. Women's right to control their biology is their destiny.

I support the use of birth control. I give money to promote the use of birth control and to improve sex education. But, birth control is not perfect. Sex education is frequently thwarted by the same people who would seek to ban abortion.

I am for women's rights period. At this moment in time, the women's right that is being violated is the right to safe, legal abortion. That is where I am devoting my time, money and attention.

If the right to legal contraceptives, comes under significant attack I will be there as well.

It's clear you don't like me. I don't care. I intend to stand with the women who will wage war against the Texans who are waging war against women. You can sit back and let women's rights be assaulted if you want to.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
It's clear you don't like me. I don't care. I intend to stand with the women who will wage war against the Texans who are waging war against women. You can sit back and let women's rights be assaulted if you want to.
I don’t know anything about you at all. How could I dislike you? That seems a rather childish assumption to make. I certainly don’t care for your fervent preaching about abortion, but that’s only because I wish to empower women to make reproductive choices before engaging in unprotected sex.

I want the conversation to shift to one of a proactive nature. I want women to encourage other women to be prepared before risking their futures with unwanted pregnancy. I want abortion to be a legal and safe last resort for unwanted pregnancy, and I wish it to be rare because more women take precautions beforehand.

If more pro-choice women encouraged birth control the way that they do abortion, we could make a difference, and make it without interference of men in suits in Washington DC.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:

If more pro-choice women encouraged birth control the way that they do abortion, we could make a difference, and make it without interference of men in suits in Washington DC.
Why is it you think women dont encourage other women to use birth control? What would you have pro-choice women do to encourage birth control? And in what way do you believe women who are pro-choice are encouraging other women to have abortions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies