Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 11:58 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How the heck did you get to that conclusion?
The law does not recognize a fetus to be a person.
I'm not sure how I can explain that sentence any clearer. Not sure where you came up with that ridiculous senario.
It's easy to follow. Until such time the baby is cut apart from from the mother via cutting the umbilical cord connecting them together, it is still part of the mother. It is literally attached to her. The claim from the left is the woman has a right to do as she wishes with her own body. Well until that cord is cut that is literally part of her body.

So for all those who claim the woman can do as she wishes with her body, they are saying she has a right to slice and dice the unborn child right up to and during delivery and also after delivery until such point as the baby has been disconnected from her.

If you don't think she should be able to do that then you are in fact saying she does not have the right to do as she wishes with her own body. You are then placing restrictions on what she can do with her own body.

You simply can't have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Get educated on foster care. 400,000 in care with 100,000 or more available to adopt. Most wait three years or more for a family. At least 20,000 age out of system every year
I am. I have a friend who adopted 2 out of foster care. Took YEARS. And, yes they were black. To whomever was stating that black kids never get adopted. She is white. MINDS ARE BLOWN!!!!!

Goof gawd. More than half CANNOT be adopted.

Still waiting for the explanation to "foster kids exist = must have abortions" argument.

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Yes there are many sources. Just look them up. Newborn babies get adopted at an extremely high rate. The reason children are in foster care is just that. They are children, not newborns. Most people want to adopt a newborn and not have to deal with issues a 5 to 15 year old may have.
Great parents only wanting them when the kid is a cute baby or toddler. You’re ok with that excuse?

Old 05-20-2021, 11:59 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
I value the unborn little baby girl the woman wants to kill.

Outside of rape, the woman is the one deciding to allow someone to put his junk in her. That comes with consequences.
See? It's ALWAYS like this when men strongly disagree with abortion. It's ALWAYS about making women suffer the consequences for choosing to have sex.

There's ALWAYS an undercurrent of wanting women who have sex outside of a committed relationship that is open to children to suffer for that behavior.

When women strongly disagree with abortion it's different. They use terms like every child is a gift from God, we can help you carry this baby to term, until you have a child you never realize how truly precious children are, etc.

Old 05-20-2021, 11:59 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why don't you just step back and relax. Let us physicians, who have a deep understanding of these medical issues, handle this.
No kidding. The misinformation that some take as gospel is alarming.

Old 05-20-2021, 12:00 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Great parents only wanting them when the kid is a cute baby or toddler. You’re ok with that excuse?
I didn't say I'm okay with it. I just posted what the reality is.

Old 05-20-2021, 12:01 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
It's easy to follow. Until such time the baby is cut apart from from the mother via cutting the umbilical cord connecting them together, it is still part of the mother. It is literally attached to her. The claim from the left is the woman has a right to do as she wishes with her own body. Well until that cord is cut that is literally part of her body.

So for all those who claim the woman can do as she wishes with her body, they are saying she has a right to slice and dice the unborn child right up to and during delivery and also after delivery until such point as the baby has been disconnected from her.

If you don't think she should be able to do that then you are in fact saying she does not have the right to do as she wishes with her own body. You are then placing restrictions on what she can do with her own body.

You simply can't have it both ways.

With your "legal argument" there ^. You should be a commentator for Fox News.

Believe it or not, those of us who practice medicine actually have good medical judgement as well as moral judgement.

Old 05-20-2021, 12:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
*raises hand*

I understand that. Children who have been removed from parents have suffered a LOT in the process. It's a rare child in foster care who is healthy and mainstream. Humans aren't meant to be put through that, and when the bond to a primary carer is broken, the child is broken.

Even removing the baby at birth, causes trauma. Usually those children can sense they aren't a biological kin to the family, and fare worse than their nonadopted peers.

Adoption is not the panacea it once was thought to be, in the 1900's when children were taken from caring parents who happened to be in poverty, and given to wealthy childless couples and it was believed that would be that. Dusts off hands. People who adopt a child older than an infant are truly putting themselves in for a very very bumpy life.

Old 05-20-2021, 12:05 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
wow, 28 pages on this. the culture wars are back in full effect.

Old 05-20-2021, 12:07 PM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I am. I have a friend who adopted 2 out of foster care. Took YEARS. And, yes they were black. To whomever was stating that black kids never get adopted. She is white. MINDS ARE BLOWN!!!!!

Goof gawd. More than half CANNOT be adopted.

Still waiting for the explanation to "foster kids exist = must have abortions" argument.
I don’t argue anyone must abort. I believe the right for a woman’s choice. She justifies her own choice be it birth adoption or abortion. I don’t have to explain her reasons I wouldn’t know unless she told me.

As to foster care kids yes most can’t be adopted but that leaves thousands who are eligible. It’s puzzling there isn’t more efforts from people who value the sanctity of life to help rectify the lives of children already born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies