Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2021, 07:30 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What's really mind blowing is the hundreds of thousands kids we have in foster care who no one wants. Why don't we consider them first before we add more to the system.
How many have you adopted or paid extra out of your fortune to cover their expenses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 07:31 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I'm actually ready for some states to go full Handmaids Tale crazy. First of all, men always come out on top in these Christian dystopias and as a man, it won't affect me much. Second, perhaps it will finally convince these Evangelical women to stop siding with their abusive husbands and start voting for their own sake.
Many of the evangelical women I know are as anti choice as the men (non have abusive husbands). Of course it seems its mostly the women who are beyond childbearing years and thats on the surface. I imagine if their unmarried daughters, etc. were to have an unwanted pregnancy that would negatively affect their life and wellbeing they would quietly and secretly support/help her get an abortion.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Texas is most definitely changing for the better by those people moving there, just a matter of time.
Think about this for a minute. People are fleeing the liberal states at record numbers because they can no longer stand what those states have become and then will vote the same way in Texas. That is the definition of insanity.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:32 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And those are the only ones you meet, right?
Nope. Most men I know are lovely and rational people. When one is not, like the poster who blames women for everything, I reserve the right to call them out. If that’s “man hating” then I’m guilty. Shrug.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:36 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Like there are so many guys out there who say no, no please dont abort my potential progeny.
There are some, and that's the point. This bill finally gives them some rights to have a say in what happens to their own offspring.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Nope. Most men I know are lovely and rational people. When one is not, like the poster who blames women for everything, I reserve the right to call them out. If that’s “man hating” then I’m guilty. Shrug.
If most men you know are lovely, what are you basing your man-hating posts on?

What you want the world to be like so you can stay angry all the time???

Old 05-21-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
My God man, do you read and comprehend?
Yes SCOTUS does give us rights. They are the final say.
You have been told and should know anyway about RvW. This will explain viability and cut off for abortion.
I'm not even sure what you are trying to argue. No one has suggested the right to choose should not have or does not have limitations.
Go back and read the comments. Someone in this discussion is arguing woman should be able to abort right up until delivery. No limitations. No restrictions.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's a great use of taxpayer funds and a governors time.
For sure since Texas has zero problems that need addressing. (Glances at antiquated and inadequate power infrastructure that brought the State to its knees over some snow.)

Old 05-21-2021, 07:42 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Many of the evangelical women I know are as anti choice as the men (non have abusive husbands). Of course it seems its mostly the women who are beyond childbearing years and thats on the surface. I imagine if their unmarried daughters, etc. were to have an unwanted pregnancy that would negatively affect their life and wellbeing they would quietly and secretly support/help her get an abortion.
Confirmation bias.

I have found the opposite to be true in my personal experience. The religious parents pitch in and help their daughters to raise the babies during the early years and then gently kick everyone out of the nest when it's time.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If most men you know are lovely, what are you basing your man-hating posts on?

What you want the world to be like so you can stay angry all the time???
It was based on the comments of the poster to whom I responded. I’m pretty sure that’s how a discussion board works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies