Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 04:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If the government wanted to process more immigrants, it could set up a thousand more camps in the next week. And if it opened the borders entirely, we wouldn't need camps to detain people. So is the problem a matter of funding or something else?

What do you mean by sustainable?
The problem has been funding and resources for years.

Basically the immigration laws we talk about have no real existence. A law that is not reasonably funded is an illusion...lacks reality.

If you look at the numbers our immigration system is funded at less than 20% of what it would take to bring the illegal problem under control in the next decade. And there is no will to spend such a sum to fix the problem.

And not that the problem gets worse if one puts up the money to fix it. The longer term illegals have homes, cars and assets. So they will hire good lawyers and resist deportation. And sometimes they will win.

Two or three American citizen children and it is going to be hard to get the parents deported.

So in the end game we will have to legalize much of the present illegals. Or we live with the existing status quo including continued growth in the illegal population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 04:59 PM

10,485 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...nder-biden.amp

Wide open borders are their first and primary objective. Hope the voters realize what they’ve done.
They don't.

I remember when I got my first car, I had to take it to a place to have the exhaust checked to make sure it was at a decent level. If it wasn't, I'd not be allowed to operate the vehicle until it was made cleaner. Well, about a few years later they scrapped the program because the people who were most likely to fail the tests were Hispanics and Caribbeans driving around in older unkept cars.

Seriously, you can't demand high environmental standards and then flood the country with third world immigrants who could care less about the environment.

Old 05-23-2021, 05:15 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You are right. We have unlimited resources to take in billions of the world’s poor.

Just come in right in.
What will the population of the United States be in 100 years? Or 200 years? We have more arable land than China. So explain to me how many people are "sustainable" and why. Give me a number. You're making vague emotional statements devoid of logic.

Old 05-23-2021, 05:16 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The problem has been funding and resources for years.
So if funding was increased, you and Du Ma would support more immigration?

Old 05-23-2021, 05:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
So if funding was increased, you and Du Ma would support more immigration?
Immigration is not the issue. That is an entirely different subject.

The question is how to control and enforce our immigration laws. At the moment the system is quite out of control. And we have over 10 million illegals without anywhere near the resources needed to remove them

My belief is that the present immigration laws are impossible to enforce. Du Ma and his brethren can at best try to limit the growth in the illegal population but doubtful they can hope to make any significant improvement without a substantial increase in resources. That is unlikely.

So we need some new initiative to bring the problem under control. Nothing obvious is going to work

Old 05-23-2021, 05:47 PM

9,895 posts, read 4,656,637 times
The EU coming to a state near you.

The endgame is an EU style one world government for them.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:52 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
What will the population of the United States be in 100 years? Or 200 years? We have more arable land than China. So explain to me how many people are "sustainable" and why. Give me a number. You're making vague emotional statements devoid of logic.
Arable land? That’s it?

Where do you get water for the arable land?
How about oil and raw material?

Name me a country, any country in the world, with high quality of life and open border. I‘ll wait.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:33 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Default you're being watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...nder-biden.amp

Wide open borders are their first and primary objective. Hope the voters realize what they’ve done.
You may be right on Biden erasing the boarder, just not in the way you think ---

A Virtual Wall Is Trump’s Wall by Another Name

"This “smart border” surveillance technology is a continuation of the Trump administration’s racist border policies, not a break from it. We applaud President Biden’s efforts to halt Trump’s border wall construction and provide relief to immigrant communities, but protection from deportation and access to due process should not come at the cost of militarization and surveillance."

President Joe Biden’s new immigration bill calls for more “smart technology” at the border.

"While the new bill, called the U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021, doesn’t specify what kinds of surveillance technologies DHS should pursue, enhanced situational awareness is the primary goal. But not only does the DHS audit show CBP’s existing technology isn’t providing full situational awareness, privacy and immigration groups argue enhancement of surveillance technologies at the border “is a continuation of the Trump administration’s racist border policies, not a break from it.”
<snip>
CBP has made progress on three OIG recommendations—to update its border tech plan, implement tech assessment processes, and ensure patch and configuration management controls for IT systems comply with DHS requirements—OIG is leaving each recommendation open until CBP provides documentary evidence that all corrective actions have taken place."

Voters have no clue as to what they have done:

BORDER WARS BRIEFING —February 2021 BIDEN’S BORDER The industry, the Democrats and the 2020 elections

"When Trump first set foot in the White House in 2017, the annual border and immigration enforcement budget had reached nearly $20 billion. Companies were already cashing in as never before. Between 2008 and 2020, CBP and ICE issued 105,997 contracts to private corporations, amounting to $55.1 billion—more than the the amount that was spent between 1975 and 2002 on border and immigration enforcement ($45.5 billion)."

How was it the Ron Paul put it, a wall may keep people out, but it also keeps people in --- surveillance, what does it do for people?

It's a virtual fence
Immigration Reforms and Border Security Technologies

People think he's not doing anything --- hes up to all kinds of stuff, why take people's property, when you can surveil instead.
Biden’s DHS Reopens Trump-Era Face Surveillance Rule for Comment

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-23-2021 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: adding a link

Old 05-23-2021, 07:48 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Immigration is not the issue. That is an entirely different subject.

The question is how to control and enforce our immigration laws. At the moment the system is quite out of control. And we have over 10 million illegals without anywhere near the resources needed to remove them

My belief is that the present immigration laws are impossible to enforce. Du Ma and his brethren can at best try to limit the growth in the illegal population but doubtful they can hope to make any significant improvement without a substantial increase in resources. That is unlikely.

So we need some new initiative to bring the problem under control. Nothing obvious is going to work
200 immigration-detention centers across the United States --- why remove them when you can keep them and create jobs for those tasked to watch 'em?

Old 05-24-2021, 01:35 AM

2,519 posts, read 1,302,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Corporations erased all of the world’s borders two or three decades ago.

I hope you enjoy competing with third-world laborers who are willing to do your job for pennies on the dollar.
When I visit Tijuana, it doesn't look like the picture that is portrayed in the news.

There are numerous cars.
There are very few homeless compared to LA.
Restaurants are full.

Their salaries are lower, but everything is cheaper too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies