Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 02:14 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yup, and 3.5 months in ICU with a very serious illness cost me nothing. That was 15 years ago.
You sound like a plantation owner talking about his last harvest.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:14 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Well, you always say Canada has a "better healthcare system."

I'm merely pointing out realities of their poor performance coming out of a 100 year pandemic and you seem to just be blaming it on the USA.

It's pretty wild.

Wasn't this the time for that great system to shine?
Canada did a horrible job with Covid vaccines. Absolutely. There is no defense.

But, Canadians live longer than Americans, and the country spends a 1/3 less as a percentage of GDP. Living longer overall is the best measure of outcomes.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:15 PM

1,941 posts, read 825,047 times
Quote:
Horse pucky. Those days are long gone. Insulin? Canada. Pfizer, Moderna and Astrazenca? Europe. India is a huge source of innovation, and guess what, so is China.
Banting and Best's work on insulin occurred 40 years before Saskatchewan's single-payer medical insurance plan was implemented. As for Pfizer, Moderna and Astrazenca, multinationals all of them. So is Johnson & Johnson BTW.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How much free healthcare could Canada afford to provide it's citizens if American taxpayers stopped providing most of its national defense?
How happy would you be if the Chinese had a naval base in Vancouver?

(not that I want the Chinese to be there, but get off the high horse of providing defense for Canada. We have helped you as much or more over the last century, and were always first to the post.)

Old 06-02-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
We are still waiting for the Canadian vaccine. I have a feeling it is going to be a long wait time.
Well, Pfizer, Moderna and Astrazenca are not American vaccines... they are European.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:19 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I don't like Obamacare because it has raised my premiums, deductibles and took the healthcare plan I had away from, despite BO's promise that that wouldn't happen.

Single payer means government paid. Since the government doesn't earn anything it must collect from those who do. The majority of people, in my experience, do not know enough about Medicare to discuss it.
That was more than ten years ago and you’re still whining? For most Americans options became better. In my experience people know -and discuss- Medicare a lot!

Old 06-02-2021, 02:23 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Well, Pfizer, Moderna and Astrazenca are not American vaccines... they are European.
The Moderna COVID‑19 vaccine, codenamed mRNA-1273, is a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Moderna, the United States National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moderna

Most of it is manufactured in Massachusetts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...setts/%3famp=1

Old 06-02-2021, 02:31 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Why anyone believes that our government, made up of people who couldn't turn in a balanced budget if there was a gun pointed at their heads, could efficiently manage a healthcare service of any kind is mind boggling. Medicare is broken, Medicaid is broken, the VA is broken, yet somehow the government is supposed to be in charge of providing healthcare to the masses? Right.
Ask anyone over 65 on Medicare if they'd rather not have it all and see what kind of response you get. I guarantee the vast majority would not want it taken away...
The Canadian Government manages the the Canada health system just fine...so does the Australian Government, and the Japanese government and the German and French, and British, and Swedish, and Norwegian, and Spanish, and Israeli, and on and on...all these governments manage their healthcare systems just fine...
I would trust that far more than our for profit healthcare and insurance industries.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The Moderna COVID‑19 vaccine, codenamed mRNA-1273, is a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Moderna, the United States National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moderna

Most of it is manufactured in Massachusetts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...setts/%3famp=1
I stand corrected on Moderna. However Pfizer and Astrazenca ARE European.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:22 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
No, but the question is how do we achieve it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies