Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 05:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times

Advertisements

If there was video showing a Democrat in the lead, then Republican workers sending everyone one with the lie of a water leak, and then three Republicans returned to the room after everyone else left, took ballots from under the table, and ran them through the counters (some batches repeatedly), and then after that, the Republican was in the lead, yes....I’d be concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 05:19 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Oh, we care all right -- (and before I go any further, I am not a Trump supporter, although I very reluctantly voted for him in 2020) -- but what good would it do to continue to scream and protest? The 2020 election was FULL of fraud, imo, but launching a full-scale investigation on the House and Senate level would be a waste of taxpayer money and thousands of of hours of legislators' time -- plus, of course, the Democrats are now in charge. Unlike many Democrats who had no problem with wasting money and time on impeaching Trump, I believe that most Republicans do care about wasting money and time. (And I am convinced that it would be a waste of time.)

So although, personally, I have not gotten on the "stolen election" bandwagon, I just hope that something will be done nationally to prevent this kind of fraud from happening again. (And, yes, I also "know"* that in the 2000 election, the presidency was stolen from the Democrat, Al Gore. I am not blind to the fact that, as usual, BOTH sides are guilty.)

However, in the case of the 2020 elections, Democrats should not think that they were able to fool most intelligent people. Republicans and conservatives might not be rioting in the streets, but we do know what happened -- and we will remember.

*Btw, the reason I put "know" in quotes is because I know (no quotes) that people dispute facts all the time, and unless we go to a different system than we have now, voting results will probably always be in dispute. Unfortunately, it would not be practical or fair to almost completely eliminate mail-in and absentee ballots, and there are WAY too many people in the great majority of precincts to have some kind of gigantic chalkboard in each precinct with someone reading off each ballot and someone else putting tally marks on a chalk board!

Last edited by katharsis; 06-09-2021 at 05:38 AM..

Old 06-09-2021, 05:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Only Democrats would say Republicans aren't concerned with voter fraud in all elections.
Not one Republican has asked for a recount in a state where Trump won. The only time there is a concern is when a Republican loses. That's just a sore loser.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:25 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If there was video showing a Democrat in the lead, then Republican workers sending everyone one with the lie of a water leak, and then three Republicans returned to the room after everyone else left, took ballots from under the table, and ran them through the counters (some batches repeatedly), and then after that, the Republican was in the lead, yes....I’d be concerned.
The fairy tale of taking boxes of votes from under the table has been addressed ad-nauseam but it nver gets old does it. I didn't hear Trump asking the Georgia Secretary of State to check the senate or house votes, it was all about him.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:29 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Oh, we care all right -- (and before I go any further, I am not a Trump supporter, although I very reluctantly voted for him in 2020) -- but what good would it do to continue to scream and protest? The 2020 election was FULL of fraud, imo, but launching a full-scale investigation on the House and Senate level would be a waste of taxpayer money and thousands of of hours of legislators' time -- plus, of course, the Democrats are now in charge. Unlike many Democrats who had no problem with wasting money on time on impeaching Trump, I believe that most Republicans do care about wasting money and time. (And I am convinced that it would be a waste of time.) So although, personally, I have not gotten on the "stolen election" bandwagon, I just hope that something will be done nationally to prevent this kind of fraud from happening again.

And, yes, I also "know"* that the 2000 election, the presidency was stolen from Gore. I am not blind to the fact that, as usual, BOTH sides are guilty. However, in the case of the 2020 elections, Democrats should not think that they were able to fool most intelligent people. We might not be rioting in the streets, but we do know -- and we will remember.

*Btw, the reason I put "know" in quotes is because I know (no quotes) that people dispute facts all the time, and unless we go to a different system than we have now, voting results will probably always be in dispute. Unfortunately, it would not be practical or fair to almost completely eliminate mail-in and absentee ballots, and there are WAY too many people in the great majority of precincts to have some kind of gigantic chalkboard in each precinct with someone reading off each ballot and someone else putting tally marks on a chalk board!
Full of fraud? Do you think Barr and Krebs were in on this fraud? How about the 62 judges that laughed this nonsense out of their courtrooms? We saw the "intelligent people" beating up cops and smearing feces on the walls of our Capitol.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:44 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Republicans that won elections in 2020 did so because of fraud.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:49 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
It bothers me quite a bit, but there is little I can do until liberals are out of office. I am concerned that liberals and the policies being made will keep them in control and power but as I said, little I can do except vote.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:57 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Oh, we care all right -- (and before I go any further, I am not a Trump supporter, although I very reluctantly voted for him in 2020) -- but what good would it do to continue to scream and protest? The 2020 election was FULL of fraud, imo, but launching a full-scale investigation on the House and Senate level would be a waste of taxpayer money and thousands of of hours of legislators' time -- plus, of course, the Democrats are now in charge.

Quote:
Unlike many Democrats who had no problem with wasting money on time on impeaching Trump, I believe that most Republicans do care about wasting money and time. (And I am convinced that it would be a waste of time.)
If 50% of the nation's registered Republicans + 1 voted for Trump in 2020, then no, they don't care.

Trump caved to Chuck and Nancy and signed the Omnibus spending bills each year.

Quote:
So although, personally, I have not gotten on the "stolen election" bandwagon, I just hope that something will be done nationally to prevent this kind of fraud from happening again. (And, yes, I also "know"* that in the 2000 election, the presidency was stolen from the Democrat, Al Gore. I am not blind to the fact that, as usual, BOTH sides are guilty.)

Quote:
However, in the case of the 2020 elections, Democrats should not think that they were able to fool most intelligent people. Republicans and conservatives might not be rioting in the streets, but we do know what happened -- and we will remember.
Nope.

If you're a registered Republican, then you're a registered Republican, but you're not a conservative.

Whatever conservative bona fides you may have had before the 2020 election, you flushed those down the toilet when you voted for Trump in 2020.

Trump isn't conservative.

Quote:

Old 06-09-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That video was proven to be doctored and a false narrative created to spread a fake news story.

There isn't anyone -- even Guiliani that stands by that video anymore.

Old 06-09-2021, 06:07 AM

The President of the state GOP in Arizona was instrumental in pushing for the audit being done by the Republicans, controlled by the Republicans in Arizona.

7 weeks into the audit in Arizona and Fann is touting, the audit is to show people there was no fraud, that there was no widespread fraud.

But still Trump fans are touting the line there was widespread fraud.

There have been multiple recounts in states run by Republicans and no widespread fraud has been found.
There is no reason for those state Republicans to deny fraud if it exists. It serves them no professional or personal reasons.

There was no widespread fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies