Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 02:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,581 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Very few people would be happy finding out that that someone has intentionally sought to undermine their sexual identity, and then been tricked into sexual activity they would never approve of.

I suspect your position comes primarily from resentment towards those who don't accept transgenders for who they believe they are - you're really just high fiving transgenders who score a home run against an unwitting partner, rather than supporting the right of all individuals not to have their sexuality undermined by deception.

This is rape culture.
oh for god's sake

My resentment comes from this self-important overblown (literally) jackass who thinks some woman will pay to give him oral, and his ego is so fragile that he stomps the man to death while his friends are there. To save "face". But that's only after he turns on his cell phone to get a better look at his sex partner - they had never met face to face - that he realizes this partner is a man.

And he's not transgender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 02:55 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Clara and I are most always on opposite ends of the spectrum but I totally agree with her this time. We'll next see him arrested in 10 yrs for beating up a woman who doesn't give him what he wants.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:58 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Very few people would be happy finding out that that someone has intentionally sought to undermine their sexual identity, and then been tricked into sexual activity they would never approve of.

I suspect your position comes primarily from resentment towards those who don't accept transgenders for who they believe they are - you're really just high fiving transgenders who score a home run against an unwitting partner, rather than supporting the right of all individuals not to have their sexuality undermined by deception.

This is rape culture.
This.this.this.this is why you get called transphobic. There is no evidence that the dead guy is transgendered. Yet, here you are.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:00 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
oh for god's sake

My resentment comes from this self-important overblown (literally) jackass who thinks some woman will pay to give him oral, and his ego is so fragile that he stomps the man to death while his friends are there. To save "face". But that's only after he turns on his cell phone to get a better look at his sex partner - they had never met face to face - that he realizes this partner is a man.

And he's not transgender.
This case does seem atypical

This sort of thing does happen to completely unwitting people, and I suspect quite often.

But this is a matter of deception - if you're cool with people using deception to pray on those with different sexual preference, then you're cool with a neighbour screwing your mother by donning a good disguise and pretending to be your father?

Old 06-01-2022, 03:04 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What information do you need?
Do you want your knob polished, yes or no?

Any time deception is used there is no consent.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:05 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
I'm torn. On the one hand, someone can say that one is agreeing to engage in the act of sex, period. Others will say that one agreed to engage with sex specifically with that person; but, even in this front, one did engage in sex with the person one was talking to, even if one didn't know all about this person. But that's a risk with the hookup culture where folks are out having sex with people they haven't built long, meaningful relationships with. Taken to its natural conclusion, I'm sure many omissions could lead to the allegation of rape (to include someone who had breast augmentation surgery, plastic surgery otherwise, or has hair transplants, which I think misses the picture.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:06 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
The tech companies would disagree with you, each time you click “agree” on some terms of service. Ignorance is never an excuse to the law.

That is completely different situation than this and there have been many people who have received large settlements after they "agreed" to terms of a contract.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This.this.this.this is why you get called transphobic. There is no evidence that the dead guy is transgendered. Yet, here you are.
Sure, haven't read the article and don't know too much about the case - does seem like the defendant wasn't quite as ignorant as claimed.

This is a far bigger issue than just one incident though - I support the right of all individuals, of all sexualities, not to have their sexuality undermined by someone who uses a disguise to achieve their goals

Tell me - would you be cool with a neighbour screwing you mother, by donning a good disguise that fooled her into thinking he was your father?

Old 06-01-2022, 03:24 PM

Who would be cool with a neighbour screwing your mother, by donning a good disguise that fooled her into thinking he was your father?

Just can't seen to get an answer from those who I've asked, for some reason.... a simple yes or no would suffice.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:41 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Sure, haven't read the article and don't know too much about the case - does seem like the defendant wasn't quite as ignorant as claimed.

This is a far bigger issue than just one incident though - I support the right of all individuals, of all sexualities, not to have their sexuality undermined by someone who uses a disguise to achieve their goals

Tell me - would you be cool with a neighbour screwing you mother, by donning a good disguise that fooled her into thinking he was your father?
My mom wouldn't accept money for sex like your's so I can't process your analogy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies