Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 02:13 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,921,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Getting the wrong coke equals rape? - I guess this is the slippery slope in action.
More like slobbery slope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 02:17 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,805,437 times
Wouldn't be a similar situation to being a man having sex with a woman he didn't know was bi or even a lesbian? Or a woman having sex with a man she didn't know was married?

In this case, if he was physically attracted to her and aroused by her, why would it matter what gender she is? He wanted THAT.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:18 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,985,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Sage advice, but the reality is that it is not human nature at all. Everyone is trying to portray something they are not, to some extent. Social media just makes that worse.
Everyone tries to put their best foot forward, accentuate their positive points, and hide their faults, but that's not the same as lying. Not everyone lies to people they are trying to be intimate with unless they are con artists.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:22 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,781,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wouldn't be a similar situation to being a man having sex with a woman he didn't know was bi or even a lesbian? Or a woman having sex with a man she didn't know was married?

In this case, if he was physically attracted to her and aroused by her, why would it matter what gender she is? He wanted THAT.
So if a neighbour dons a sufficient enough disguise to trick your mother into thinking he's your father, you'd be cool with that sneaky ol neighbour screwing your mother?

Old 06-01-2022, 02:27 PM

36,792 posts, read 31,072,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is View Post
I don't believe it qualifies as rape, but it most definitely qualifies as deception (which yes isn't a crime, but it could lead to crime). If someone wants to live the transgender life then great, by all means do so. But if you can pass for someone of the opposite gender to the average person, then it'd behoove you to be upfront and honest about your XX or XY chromosomal makeup before trying to deceive someone in an intimate setting. People have been killed for less.
But is it deception. It was a Tender add. He went to an apartment, a dark apartment where he could not make out the features of the person in the hoodie to know if it was a man or woman, apparently did not speak but let this person perform oral on them and then paid them. Do individuals not have any personal responsibility for their own acts.

I never considered myself a prude but I at least see the person and talk to the person Im about to have sex with.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:29 PM

18,474 posts, read 7,130,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If a man tells a woman he is a surgeon and makes 500K/year to talk her into having sex with him but in reality he is a nurses aid making 25K/year. Is he guilty of rape? He pretended to be someone he was not in order to get consent for sex?

If a man answers an online add to receive oral sex from a stranger. Allows the stranger to preform oral sex without attempting to even identify the appearance of the stranger. Then go back again to receive oral sex, is that really being deceived? Does it make the stranger a predator or just not 100% forthcoming.

If I order a diet coke and the waitress knowingly pours me regular coke but I like it and order another of the same........Then I look at the can more closely, get embarrassed and angry and bash her head in should I not be held responsible for her death?

I would say the line is drawn when you pretend to be someone that you physically are not.

The twin brother example, or pretending to be the opposite gender.

If exaggeration of ones financial or social status was rape, then 75% of the population would be guilty at one point or another in their lives.

Married people pretend to be single.....not rape.

Many years ago, I dated a girl who claimed she was 21. (I think I was 23ish).
She had a job and driver's license to prove her age. I never had any reason to suspect she was not actually 21.

Found out years later that it was fake and she was lying.......she was 17 at the time.

But she wasn't misrepresenting WHO she was.

Also not rape....even though in some states, I could have been charged with statutory rape because of her deception.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:32 PM

35,824 posts, read 18,164,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerDavos View Post
The only public risk I see here was taken out in Karmic fashion. Good riddance.
Honestly, you don't see this man as a public danger? He's huge, and willing to fly into a rage and stomp someone to death.

While his friends are standing there.

I would certainly not want to be in a position to make him unhappy about something.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:40 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,781,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Honestly, you don't see this man as a public danger? He's huge, and willing to fly into a rage and stomp someone to death.

While his friends are standing there.

I would certainly not want to be in a position to make him unhappy about something.
Very few people would be happy finding out that that someone has intentionally sought to undermine their sexual identity, and then been tricked into sexual activity they would never approve of.

I suspect your position comes primarily from resentment towards those who don't accept transgenders for who they believe they are - you're really just high fiving transgenders who score a home run against an unwitting partner, rather than supporting the right of all individuals not to have their sexuality undermined by deception.

This is rape culture.

Last edited by Joe90; 06-01-2022 at 02:50 PM..

Old 06-01-2022, 02:47 PM

2,193 posts, read 1,394,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What makes him a sexual predator? adds on Tinder, paying for sex?

If a 50 year old man/woman pretends to be 17 year old to date another teen, aren't they a sexual predator ?

Old 06-01-2022, 02:49 PM

35,796 posts, read 21,184,619 times
Rape= yes vs no. Nothing else matters. Yes or no that’s the bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies