Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 01:14 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Geez, folks can't even let one marginalized group of people have a month to themselves without whining.
Not whining. Making an observation.

Are gays really marginalized in the US? Sure in other countries, but I’m not sure about here.

Quote:
Does that mean we can't celebrate Mother's Day and Memorial Day in the same month?
Considering the current administration refers to mothers as “birthing people” it won’t be long before Mother’s Day is cancelled.

Memorial Day might be done away with because soldiers oppressed marginalized groups and contributed to colonization or some such nonsense. We’ll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 01:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

I know why June was chosen as pride month. However it is not lost on me that June used to be promoted as the month for weddings...kind of interesting how that has been eliminated now.
June is pride month because it's the anniversary of the Stonewall riots. Despite your disgust, it's not a sinister plot against heterosexual marriage or against Christianity.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
June is pride month because it's the anniversary of the Stonewall riots. Despite your disgust, it's not a sinister plot against heterosexual marriage or against Christianity.
Yes, I know why.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:18 PM

13,605 posts, read 4,937,539 times
Quote:
Show me where corporations create products celebrating anything remotely conservative and them you’d have a point.

This is a short list of just some of the corporate attention given to pride month:

Audible: celebrating “queer” voices in literature during June
Bath and Body Works: created “Love Always Wins” in rainbow color packaging for Gay Pride month
Coca Cola: raised rainbow flag at company headquarters in Atlanta
Olay: rainbow packaging on face creams
Lego: “everyone is awesome” rainbow set
Skittles: pride packs, because “only one rainbow matters during pride month”
Disney: rainbow collection apparel
Mattel: UNO play with pride collection
Pet Smart: pride pet clothing (this one is is really ironic)
Doc Martens: rainbow pride shoes
Vans: rainbow pride shoes
Apple, Amazon Music, Spotify: pride play lists

Additionally, there is TV programming, parades, and commercials.

There is simply nothing like this for conservative ideals.

This is a short list of just some of the corporate attention given to pride month:

And that just infuriates you...why?

You want corporations to celebrate bigotry and exclusion?

Old 06-29-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

And that just infuriates you...why?

I’m not infuriated. I pointed it out.

See this is the problem. I can’t even make an observation about the pandering and political activism by corporations without being accused of homophobia, hate, bigotry, disgust, and so forth.

Meanwhile there are absolutely ridiculous comments on this thread bashing conservatives, saying that a conservative ideal is oil spills. I’m sorry but that is a stupid comment. No one I know celebrates environmental harm.

Discussion is fruitless, because no one on the left will take a comment from the right at face value.

BTW, there are several gay men on my husband’s side of the family. My contractors are gay. My favorite singer is gay. My daughter has a friend who is bi. I absolutely oppose being accused of hate and homophobia because I disagree with the political ploy of dividing Americans into all these separate groups.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:24 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That seems to be what Republicans are demanding. Thing is, there are no laws that prevent them from doing so. However, they shouldn't be surprised when there is backlash.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yep....the NFL will die - by their own hand....unless Trump knocks some sense into them. He's the only one who could do it, but they don't deserve his help. They deserve to die.
In that case, lets take humans out of pro sports and replace them with robots only programmed to try to win the game they are playing and nothing else.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post

One more thing before you attempt an additional insinuation. I have never and WILL never care what or who other men and women do in private. It's their business. I only concern myself with my significant other. However, I do not splash my private time activities all over for everyone to digest and I'd appreciate the same returned in kind, whether it be an NFL player, an actor, a politician or my next door neighbor.
But when pro sports players marries someone of the same sex, I don't think they could or would want to continue hiding that they are not straight.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:18 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
I’m not infuriated. I pointed it out.

See this is the problem. I can’t even make an observation about the pandering and political activism by corporations without being accused of homophobia, hate, bigotry, disgust, and so forth.

Meanwhile there are absolutely ridiculous comments on this thread bashing conservatives, saying that a conservative ideal is oil spills. I’m sorry but that is a stupid comment. No one I know celebrates environmental harm.

Discussion is fruitless, because no one on the left will take a comment from the right at face value.

BTW, there are several gay men on my husband’s side of the family. My contractors are gay. My favorite singer is gay. My daughter has a friend who is bi. I absolutely oppose being accused of hate and homophobia because I disagree with the political ploy of dividing Americans into all these separate groups.
You’ve had a couple people including myself ask you what exactly conservative ideals are & you have yet to answer. Surely it should be easy to provide examples.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You’ve had a couple people including myself ask you what exactly conservative ideals are & you have yet to answer. Surely it should be easy to provide examples.
In the past two weeks, you have called me a racist and accused me of lying.

Sorry if I don’t jump to answer your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies