Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 05:30 AM

57,378 posts, read 26,285,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m pretty sure mass genocide is a tad bit worse than enslavement. But the global Jewish community never asked for reparations and race quotas to prosper.

At the end of the day, Democrats can’t white wash the blood off their hands in American history. These are Democratic statues that remind us of just how evil this political party is.
Well those 120 republicans that voted against their removal seem to have a love affair with the confederate insurrectionists, I guess they have a lot in common based on Jan 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 06:55 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,665,008 times
Quote:
I’m pretty sure mass genocide is a tad bit worse than enslavement. But the global Jewish community never asked for reparations and race quotas to prosper.

At the end of the day, Democrats can’t white wash the blood off their hands in American history. These are Democratic statues that remind us of just how evil this political party is.
Jewish folk still received reparations and they damn sure didn’t refuse the money.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I would proffer a trade: the Confederate statues will be removed, since many find them offensive, if all the people kneeling and disrespecting the American flag cut out the crap, since many find THAT offensive.
lmao.. no one is trading a damn thing.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:58 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
How about asking Black people how they feel?

I don’t feel any pride seeing those statues. I see a blatant attempt to honor the losers.

I think statues like these belong in museums. Who the hell celebrates the losers of a civil war? That is just weird.
Why are you so afraid of history?

Old 07-05-2021, 07:01 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,518,779 times
Quote:
Jewish folk still received reparations and they damn sure didn’t refuse the money.
The only Jews receiving reparations from Germany are those who were DIRECT VICTIMS. And the reparations were paltry compared to what they lost: my grandmother’s second husband lost his home, all property, and his health (for the remainder of his lifetime, he suffered the physical effects), and he got $8000 a year.

My grandmother lost her own mother and sister, and the sister’s four children, and of course that meant by father lost his grandmother, aunt, and cousins. Neither got one red cent.

Your comparison between the direct victims of Hitler and the blacks five generations removed from slavery doesn’t hold water.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:02 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,518,779 times
Quote:
lmao.. no one is trading a damn thing.
Another black poster on this thread said it’s a deal. Only the militant blacks would demand we give want THEY want and they get to keep disrespecting the American flag.

It’s not only about what blacks want. What whites want is important too.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:02 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
One thing I know, if the Union soldiers could see what is happening today they would have either gone home or switched sides.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:07 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,935,999 times
Quote:

Mass genocide & mass race-based enslavement are crimes against humanity. An individual or country who supports either are traitors to humanity.

As for that ridiculous old canard re: political parties, it would be helpful if folks would expend as much energy attempting to grow a spine, as opposed to being apologists.

The 2 'parties' in the American Civil War were "Slave-Holding States" (as they referred to themselves) & Free States.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
The only Jews receiving reparations from Germany are those who were DIRECT VICTIMS. And the reparations were paltry compared to what they lost: my grandmother’s second husband lost his home, all property, and his health (for the remainder of his lifetime, he suffered the physical effects), and he got $8000 a year.

My grandmother lost her own mother and sister, and the sister’s four children, and of course that meant by father lost his grandmother, aunt, and cousins. Neither got one red cent.

Your comparison between the direct victims of Hitler and the blacks five generations removed from slavery doesn’t hold water.
Thank you for your admission of reparations being received.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Another black poster on this thread said it’s a deal. Only the militant blacks would demand we give want THEY want and they get to keep disrespecting the American flag.

It’s not only about what blacks want. What whites want is important too.
People are free to respect AnD disrespect the flag if they want.

This isn’t North Korea or China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies